What's so special about Beyonce?

Honestly, I don't get it. People call her "Queen" yet I've seen her do nothing to deserve that title. She's not a bad person, as far as I know, but I've listened to her songs and I don't see the appeal. People say that she's the most attractive woman, but I don't see it. Sure, she's pretty, she's not a crappy singer, but I see in no way how she could ever be the best?

1617

Most Helpful Girl

• She's very beautiful
    She has nice body
    She is an excellent performer
    She can dance
    She can sing
    She has good hit songs

Most Helpful Guy

• Like others have stated Beyonce's popularity is predominately from the 2000s. Beyonce was already a star during her Destiny Child years, but when she left the group and went solo she became one of the biggest female stars in the 2000s.

Beyonce is as popular as she is because she is the complete total package. Not only is she a good singer, but she is also a good dancer and a good entertainer. Nowadays you don't have too many female artist who can qualify as the total package (either they're good singers or good dancer, but not both) so Beyonce plays that role despite her prime being almost 7 years ago.

Once she became a mom she has slowly been taking a more sideline role to other female stars like Adele, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and etc, but she still remains extremely popular due to her reputation and loyal fanbase.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 15

• To sum it up, she's a beautiful, talented, successful woman who has this way of uplifting and empowering women from every corner of the world, from every ethnic background, and from every socioeconomic class. There's not one woman who will experience this world and not be able to relate to at least one Beyoncé song on a deep level. I think a lot of people appreciate her artistry and sensual sex appeal.

• I sort of remember her since Destiny's Child, but at the same time, I barely know her. I don't pay attention to most artists today.

Your question reminds me of country music; many people have no idea what's so special about it. But like Beyonce, people have their taste and artists will appeal to people in many ways.

The only artists I'm crazy about is Selena Quintanilla.

• You youngsters don't know the hype of Beyonce from 2000s :)

Even I admit she's not so amazing now tbh, her songs aren't fully there and she doesn't look the same.

But back around 2005ish she was at her peak. And she was sexy af back then! I don't know if you've watched Pink Panther (2006) in that movie she was hella hot.

• Wasn't she in Austin Powers?

• Yes she was, and I have a feeling you'd say she wasn't hot in that movie or something, and I'd like to argue that her role in Austin Powers was supposed to be like that...

• Wasn't gonna say that. TBH I don't remember what she looked like lol I was too focused on Fat Bastard

• Her performances are iconic, she's meant to be on stage. My sister has been to one of her concerts and thinks she's satanic because it rained when she was tributing purple rain by prince 👀 Then it stopped raining as soon as she finished singing🔺 Illuminati.
    https://youtu.be/qp2cBXvuDf8

• Not that I don't appreciate a bit of Satanism now and again, but isn't this the same for most successful musicians?

• So then there's your answer! Recorded in the survey!

• The iluminati is something you are born into. You can't join. You have to have the correct bloodlines

• Nothing.

• Generally, a lot of people find her attractive, she sings extremely well, she acts, and she's been in the business for a long time. People know her and she's elevated herself to that point in popularity, tons of people have respect for that.

• Hmmm, well I'm a pretty good singer, people say I'm pretty/ beautiful so why the hell im I not famous

• Well you're still young. You have time if that's a legitimate goal of yours.

• I dont understand why anyone calls another person, king , Queen or god. like its dumb. I dont understand her hype as well.

• Ik. She's not a bad singer, but she's closer to mediocre than master of the stage.

• Her feet!😆

• Those are just her fans, tbh they're the worst fanbase ever. Say anything fair about Beyonce, and you'll be getting death threats from those 12 year olds -__-

I'm sure she's a nice lady, but people need to stop with the idol worship she receives. People have even founded churches in her name!

• She's a good singer, dancer, actress and record producer. Not to mention, she doesn't lipsync on stage and she has been in the music industry for almost 20 years now.

• The last factor is the biggest part, also her activity on stage doesn't hurt either. But in terms of singing, many agree she's just mediocre compared to smaller artists. So how does she get more popularity?

• And there you go. The only reason I could see how she would be able to still be so high up in the game.

• The sound of her music also changes with time as well.

• I don't get it either.
    Her music is morning special.

• I like some of her music and she seems like a genuinely good person

• But what I don't understand is how she's "Queen" lol

• Me neither lol

• Then again I respect anyone who can play the game. So if she some day conquers the world then I'll have to give it to her: Expert strategist, play on the people's emotions

• She used to be the "it girl" back in my day, kiddo.

• So why is she still the "it girl"?

• Hahah I don't know. Her reputation mustn't have changed... I never really liked her music that much. She just wrote a couple songd that are typical of the 07' music style.

• Lol describe 07' style

• I dont get it either. So many girls and women love her. Why, still a mystery to me.

• she is a strong, independent woman

• There are over a billion strong, independent women folk in the world, as far as I know. So what? Does that mean all of them should be topping the charts?

I love lots of girl singers but she's not one of em

• Oh sorry I must submit to that limitless logic

• that is not how music world nowadays

What Guys Said 16

• I don't think of her as the best and am not big enough of a fan to know much about her. Yet I think she looks quite attractive. I usually like more slim girls who aren't that shapely but she's at the polar end of the "curvy" realm that I like (a real kind of curvy without being chubby). And naturally she has quite a nice voice to go with those looks.

I was also around when Destiny's Child just started to rise in popularity and she was definitely the most eye-catching one to me in that group.

• Not a damned thing! she's an egotistical bitch. She may sing well and look good, but that doesn't make a person a good person. Our words and actions dictate that

• I don't know, she's kind of an idiot. Good voice, though.
    She's not even close to being the most attractive woman, she's barely a 7 XD

• I've noticed female singers usually aren't known for their looks (or they are but not compared to actors lol)

Meaning if you see an ugly popular singer, you can assume they're good

• That's just it there is nothing special about her at all, she's just another celebrity singer swimming in an ocean of other celebrities.

• Don't know. She's beyond me.

• Good singer, good dancer, good looking, seems like a decent person, but not a queen. Like bacon she is sometimes overhyped

• Beyonce's a cool name.

• Satan has her back

• beyonce is shit and her followers are dumb af

• She look like Jay z with longer hair lol she's not even hot ha

• Her ass.

• No idea, don't even find her attractive either

• I think you're too young to understand the full scope of how big she is, a lot of her popularity came from the 90s and early 00s. I'd say I agree with you, but I'd never disrespect Jay Z's wife. <3

• I don't find her attractive at all.

• It's cause she's black and empowering and successful

• I hate her for several reasons and she's a bad person she claims she writes her songs but can't even explain in interview a few of her songs are hypocritical I can go on but I rather not

• She's definitely not the best

• Rebecca Black lol, Taylor Swift

• No not really, because at least I would have sex with Taylor Swift