Can you teach me how to play chess?

Please. 😁

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably answered before, I'll try my best.
    :: First some rules... When setting up a chess board, remember the saying, "Queen on her color.", meaning the color of the queen goes on the same color square. The white side goes first. A piece cannot take the opponents unless the opponent is on the square your piece can/will land on. The only piece that can "jump" over the opponent is the Knight. If you get someone in check, you are, in other words, in a position in which you can take their piece in the event of your next move. If you you are in check, you have to move your King out of check in order to move on, it is otherwise "illegal" to not move it. In order to win chess, you have to get the opponent's King in checkmate, checkmate is where no matter what move the opponent makes, their king will be taken in the event of your next move. If a stalemate takes place, the game is draw, a stalemate means the player is not in check, but will be if they have no other move than to move their king into check.
    :: The Rook is the tower looking piece, it can only go vertical or horizontal, but as far as it wants as long as their is no piece blocking it.
    :: The Knight is the horse looking piece that can only go in a sort of L pattern where it can go up/down 2 over one, over 2 up/down 1 or up/down 1 over, over 1 up/down 2. The square the knight lands on has to be the end of whichever orientation the L is. The Knight can jump over any pieces that is not on the landing square.
    :: The Bishop is the slim piece with a little cut on the tip. This piece can only move in a diagonal motion from wherever it was.
    :: The Queen is the piece that has a crown on, she can move horizontal, vertical and diagonal as much as you want as long as their is no piece blocking it.
    :: The King is the piece that has the cross on it. This piece can only move one square at a time, but in any direction. Once this piece is taken, the game ends.
    :: The Pawn is the smallest, and most abundant of all the pieces, it can only move up one square on a turn and can only attack one square diagonal. If a Pawn reaches the opponents "back wall" of the board, you can resurrect any taken piece and replace it in the position of the Pawn that made it across the board.
    :: If there are any other questions, please ask. I may have left out a few things, I tried to cram a lot of information in the set amount of characters I am allowed to type into one comment box.

I also have picture of how a board is set up if you need it.

Thanks so much for your help! ☺️

What Guys Said 15

• I'm glad somebody finally asked this question. Sure. Why not? Where do you want to begin?

• 0|0

I will check it out! Thankss!

• of course

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+play+chess

glad I could help :P

• If you have a chess. com account I can show you some things?

• Get "No Stress Chess" from Amazon. It comes with flash cards for each piece showing you how they move for easy reference.

• Sure, you can pm me if you want. Basically, if you want to get good, you'll need practice

• K.
    .
    .

• What do you want to know about it?

How to play.. And how to win 😊

No problem. Have fun. :)

I am ready! ☺️

• LoL.. Yes. Its not so Tough... Just start simple. Do you use any apps or any online websites to play?

• Sure

• When you think you know your move, think again.

• Simple,
    First you learn how to play.
    Then you are done.

• It's very easy to play, you could learn it in just a hour

• I like to play chest. By bumpin' urs with mine 👙😉

• I can actually teach you how to be a good chess player online (im really good at chess) if you are interested. Goto chess. com and tell me your username once you make it

What Girls Said 4

• Chess is incredibly easy to learn. What's harder is perfecting your game. I would go to chess. com they have best website for learning. Chess is wonderful pasttime if you're bored so would suggest learning it!

• I don't think this is the right place to ask. If you want to learn, get someone who knows how to play and a chessboard to play with them. You should get it in about an hour or two, and with time, your skills will improve. Until then, there are apps that are available and different sites you can go on and teach yourself. It seems complex at first, but it's really simple once you get the hang of it. I bet WikiHow has good information as well.

• Sorry, I don't know how to play chess

• Google it