Do you think it's fair to say that a dog is a toddler forever?

Recently another user told me this. Personally I don't think a dog is going to go through the, "I hate you because you won't let me have cookies for breakfast" phase. Would I still call my dog, my baby? Yes.
By the way, I just arrived in Scotland. Greetings from Edinburgh!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they just say that because a dog has about the IQ level of a 4 year old. Not the temperament though. And of course dogs die at 18 (or younger) instead of going off to college.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wooo! Very jealous of your European adventure!! Have tons of fun!!

As far as the dog thing most dogs have the intelligence of a young child. Smarter individual dogs and breeds can be as smart as like a four year old but duller breeds are more limited.

What Guys Said 8

• Anyone who's said that probably hasn't raised a toddler before. Or really sucks at training their dog.

And greetings from the States! I've been to Edinburgh. Beautiful city.

• Yes, in many ways where domestic dogs split off from ancestral wolves was that dogs don't 'mature' as much, which lead them to happily hang around with humans... which played out pretty well for them.

• Not a toddler no, dogs are way more intelligent than toddlers and also cuter

• Dogs are not human babies so no.

• No it really dont make a lot of sense.

• That makes perfect sense

• No, but they do find their way into your heart.

• I don't think that is accurate at all... it actually makes no sense to me.

What Girls Said 0