What Is A Reasonable Amount Of Rent For Me?

I am 23, and I will be moving out on my own soon. In my area, I am looking at apartments... and the decent apartments range from $700-$850 a month in rent. However... I am just wondering... is that suitable and reasonable for me?

Here are other factors to keep in mind, on top of my rent:
I will be paying $112 a month in student loans
-I will be paying $107 a month in car insurance
-I will be paying $83 a month for my cell phone

Then there's other factors - like internet and utility bills.

As of right now, I am making $32,000 a year and brining in $2400 a month (in the next year, my salary will be raised to $40,000)

So... would it be a good idea to get an apartment that has $700-$850 in rent. Is that too much money?

It seems like a lot to me... but I see people my age, they are making just slightly more than me... and they are paying 1000 or more in rent, have dogs and cats, etc. How is that possible?

3mo ...

What Girls Said 1

• Is there someone you could split rent with? A roommate would help immensely! You could afford it, but it would be very hard to save or do fun things.

I don't want a roommate lol. I'm tired of the roommate thing. Had one in college.

Well you COULD do it. But things will be hard for a long time.

What Guys Said 2

• seems about right but you could do with a better phone deal and always have a rainy day fund as well. one car problem could send you into debt if you aren't carefull

• If your a grown ass man with a college education what the fuck are you asking for you should know already.

Lol... you act like I've lived on my own before. I lived in a college dorm before and with my parents that's all. Just because I have a college education doesn't mean I know all that there is to know about the world -_-

I've been supporting myself since age 16

so I've been a man since age 16