Why are the New England Patriots so hard to defend?

What makes them so good offensively? For example, in Super Bowl 49 they dominated even though they barely won against the number 1 defense. Every year they put up a bunch of points in many games. Why are they generally hard to stop? Thanks

0|0
2|7

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Overall, it's just the most well run organization in the league. It starts obviously with the killer combination of arguably the greatest coach-QB pairing in the history of the game, who are both individually in the conversation for GOAT in both of their roles.

What amazes me most about the Pats is the way they work a roster. Belichick has a system in place where he puts players in a position to succeed, and not in a position to fail. He'll bring in a guy who may only do one thing really well, but is a liability in other areas, and he'll use that player only in specific situations suited to his skillset, and capitalize. But that also gets you a low-cost player, as his all-around game is underwhelming. Bill brought in a ton of former top 15 draft picks who have been busts up until now on low-money "show me" contracts. Time will tell if they hit or miss, but either way, it's a low risk/high reward situation. Plus they aren't afraid to let good players walk at free agency, as they've been grooming their replacements who are still on rookie contracts. And they never break the bank for the big money free agents. How's Ndamukong Suh's value looking in Miami so far? Value and versatility, that's what Belichick looks for.

And they manipulate a draft better than anyone. They almost always trade down out of the first round. When they trade up, they hit (Dont'a Hightower, Chandler Jones). And Bill knows how excited other teams get about draft prospects, and also knows he can use his picks as bargaining chips to get teams to overpay in their overzealous state, and get back more picks or veterans who are known quantities, as opposed to a hit or miss prospect. They miss on picks like anyone else, but they have a knack of finding players who can do those one or two things well and fill a role. They also avoid knuckleheads for the most part and get guys who are serious about football. And we all know how they found the best 6th round pick of all time, haha. But the overall result is a top-to-bottom roster that has depth and skill sets tailored to the team's schemes.

After that, the X's and O's are relatively simple. They run a quick hitting offense predicated on getting rid of the ball quickly, they don't throw too many deep balls compared to other teams. Brady's deep ball is iffy anyway, but he's lights out accurate on short and medium routes. And he protects the ball better than anyone I can think of, he almost never turns the ball over, which is priority #1.

1|2
    0|0
    • 3mo

Guys like Edelman, and Wes Welker before him give Brady that quick target to dump the ball off and let them make people miss. Chris Hogan looks like an additional threat. Now you add in a guy like Gronk, who when it's all said and done may be the GOAT at tight end (if he stays in one piece), and he's a matchup nightmare. Crazy ass Aaron Hernandez amplified it, they were a terror, and it might get real ugly again with Martellus Bennett this year.

Just hoping they don't catch the injury bug again like last year, that was brutal. I'm actually kind of glad I don't have four games to sweat Brady getting injured this year. The AFC East is weak, the division is usually wrapped up by Thanksgiving, and I can't even enjoy the next six weeks, I just cringe at every hit on our skill players, haha. But Brady got done dirty, and he's going to come out firing. Here's hoping he gets #OneForTheThumb🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

• Show All
    • 3mo

at least pars fans weren't bitching about shitty tablets and ref not giving foul at end when it clearly was foul

• 3mo

@whitesteve the patriots are like the Spurs both great run organizations

What Girls Said 1

• Fuck the Patriots! Seriously fuck that team! They always fucken win! I'm so sick of them! Once Tom Brady retires it's over for them

0|0
    0|1
    • 3mo

Once luck retire, its over for colts. Once eli retire, giants are done too. Once Wilson goes off, Cheahawks are over too. Keep waiting and he gonna fill his fingers with rings lmao

• Show All
    • 3mo

@WhiteSteve lmfao wtf he's trying to do going head first on dude who Benched 28 in nfl combines lmaooo. Dumb fuk, Their own former tight end fleener said that colts use too much excuses and take everything really light

What Guys Said 6

• Other than the true g. o. a. t Brady, pats receiving game is way more physical than anyone. Now with Bennett, they got their twin tower pair back, Edelman and gronk are definitely in top 5 most relentless receivers of all time. Besides huge ass size, Gronks game is hella physical too and you can't put all his credit on his size alone eigther. Guys his size Chandler and Graham are nowhere successful as gronk because gronks game is more physical than em both combined, he don't only catch the ball He hustle with it too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tom Brady is arguably the greatest quarterback of all time. (Personally, I think Joe Montana is the GOAT, but Brady is right there.) It's a quarterback-driven league. Brady makes everyone else on the offense better 'cause he's so good.

0|0
    0|0
  • They tend to have a great offensive line and of course Tom Brady. Plus there is a culture there that is serious about winning so I think the players tends to give more effort. Tom is the biggest factor though in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Great coach and great quarterback. Tom Brady is in the discussion for the best QB of all time.

0|0
    0|0
  • that damn tom brady, cheats

0|0
    0|1
  • they have one of, if not the, best quarterback ever and one of the best coaches ever.

0|0
    0|0