Does everything happen for a reason?

Most Helpful Girl

• We might not know why does certain things happen to us. We get confused, mad, sad and sometimes happy, but I think everything happens for a reason.

Most Helpful Guy

• it seems that way to me

What Girls Said 13

• Yes, I believe this, @Username3568.
    Everything that Has ever Happened to Me in my Own life, I Leave in God's Hands.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Technically everything does happen for a reason.

• Yeah, I believe it. No matter how much or how hard we try to make something happen, it doesn't always work. Sometimes you'll be thankful later that it happened that way.

• I believe everything happens for a reason and everything's a learning experience.

• No. Believing that would denote that i believe in a higher power or in destiny, which I don't.

I believe if you want something, you make an effort to get it. You can't control whether or not you meet the man or woman of your dreams but you can cause yourself to be in a position where it's likely to happen

• yes!

• I like to believe that. It would be nice for everything that's happened thus far to have been guided into fruition by some invisible hand. Purposefulness.

I'm guessing fruition is a positive outcome

Not always... but even for the bad things, knowing it was all for an important purpose might make it more palatable.

• Yes and sometimes the reason is that I am stupid.

• I don't think so, I feel people say that as it's comforting

• I think so

• Hard to say. I dont think every person you ever dated, every friend you ever made, every odd job you had was meant to make you one way or another or if it needed to happen. Some things maybe. Some things in life are lessons while others maybe great experiences.

• I think everything happens to perpetuate the universe, so technically yeah. But that reason isn't necessarily what we'd think of as 'good' for humanity

• I firmly believe so.

What Guys Said 6

• No, I believe that very few things happen for a reason (and those things are planned by human beings), everything is a matter of cause and consequence and things can be really complex within this "cause and consequence range". I don't believe that there are forces leading our lives and influencing what happens for a reason. In order for something to happen for a reason there needs to be deliberate intent, otherwise there are just fortunate or unfortunate coincidences.

What cause coincidences though is a valuable question

So if I want money and I say I better have it when I snap my finger. What's stopping the money

You don't seem to understand my point. Things won't magically happen, this is what coincidences are about, they happen because they happen. I don't mean that they happen out of the blue though, but they're not planned though, just their effects on you are fortunate or unfortunate. Let's analyse the friend situation:

1- You left your house early, your friend too (cause, if you had stayed home or left later, you probably wouldn't have crossed your ways)
      2- You met (consequence)

The cause created a consequence. It wasn't planned though, there was no intent, therefore it's a coincidence. In the example you liked to meet your friend, then it was a fortunate coincidence, you didn't see it coming but you liked it. It was "triggered" by chance because of a series of events.

In your example of the money, everything is stopping the money. There was no series of random events triggering it. If you make it happen though, there is intent, so it's no longer a coincidence.

• Yes and no... I do, but really, they don't. But things happen for a reason cause the individual makes a reason for that thing happening. There's an episode of "inside the wormhole with Morgan freeman" that covers this. I'll link it eventually, because they explain it perfectly

• Yes. Forces are induced by gradients in potential energy and these forces cause masses to accelerate and so on and so on... in other words, shit (then) happens. So, these reasons are potential energy gradients.

• Yes.

• Yeah id like to think so. Definitely makes living easier.

• The reason is just its cause.