How funny is this Comedian: Chevy Chase?

How funny is this Comedian: Chevy Chase?

Thought I'd start a series on comedians starting with this man.

Think he's funny?

• 5/5 hilarious!
    14% (4)19% (6)17% (10)Vote
  • 4/5 very funny
    11% (3)32% (10)22% (13)Vote
  • 3/5 sorta funny
    39% (11)19% (6)29% (17)Vote
  • 2/5 not very funny
    14% (4)6% (2)10% (6)Vote
  • 1/5 he sucks
    4% (1)3% (1)3% (2)Vote
  • 0/5 worst comic ever
    0% (0)3% (1)2% (1)Vote
  • Chevy who?
    18% (5)18% (5)17% (10)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
12|15

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• At his best, he's one of my favorites. His role as Ty Webb in Caddyshack is all-time, and of course ya boy Clark W. GriswoldπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    http://youtu.be/tfZ9KTXK5sY

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• He's a very funny comedic actor, but on his own he is not very funny at all, like he couldn't do funny stand up or improvise. But give him a script and a role and he'll do great.

0|1
    1|0
    • 3mo

You know he was on of the orginal cast members on snl right? Lol

• Show All
    • 3mo

@akadatank44 he just wrote a few things for Weekend Update, thats it. I've seen him do live comedy and standup and just try to be funny unscripted and it was a huge fail.

• 3mo

@akadatank44 You kinda reinforce her point. Very few SNL cast-members do well as stand-ups.
      I think were taking liberties when you describe him as a "comedic" actor.

• Fletch, vacation, three amigos, spies like us. This guys is a legend.

1|1
    0|0
  • "HALLELUJAH, HOLY SHIT!"

0|0
    0|0
  • I always loved his Gerald Ford impressions when he was doing the opening sketch on Saturday Night Live. I also loved the way he did the news sketch, "Hi I'm Chevy Chase and you're not!".

0|0
    0|0
  • Not *the* best, but he did a damn good job as 'Sparky' in the National Lampoon's movie franchise lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • National Lampoon (early) awesome-that silly funny I love.
    Beyond that, I don't know o. O

0|0
    0|0
  • Sort of lol

0|0
    0|0
  • He's meh.

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh. It's okay. I think I like him on community more than anything else he's been in.

0|0
    0|0
  • He is pretty funny. The Vacation movies are the best.

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh not very funny

0|0
    2|1

What Guys Said 14

• I thought he was pretty funny in the movie " Modern Problems" , "Caddy Shack" , " Fletcher" and also " The Invisble Man"

0|0
    0|0
  • They guy's maybe said like 5-funny things ever. He's cheesy and dated. His best work was easily his Weekend Update gig on SNL.

0|0
    0|0
  • I only know him from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's hard to say, because I haven't seen him in stand-up or doing any sort of bit. But I have watched him in the National Lampoon's vacation films, and he's somewhat funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's a legend!

0|0
    0|0
  • Iconic comedian. He should be loved and respected

0|0
    0|0
  • Kind of don't know how to rate him since Bill Murray is my all time favorite comedian and famous person in general, and seeing as how they fucking hate each other it's hard for me to vote.

I did say 5/5 though

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

In a Howard stern interview Chevy says him and bill are friends now. back then they didn't like each other.

• Show All
    • 3mo

Well yeah since he was the first one that left snl to do movies there was a lot of resentment towards him from the other cast members and Bill almost got into a fist fight with him when he hosted an episode while they were still on the show.

• 3mo

The issue wasn't his leaving the show if I recall correctly, it was Chevy's having been a very highly trained classical actor and needing everything to be in his complete control whereas Bill was exactly the opposite and worked almost entirely on kneejerk reaction. Bill knew his lines and what was supposed to be happening but he could roll with shit; Chevy really couldn't, like at all and if he did he fucking hated it.

• He sucks I hate him

0|0
    0|0
  • 4/5 very funny.

0|0
    0|0
  • he is ok. not my favorite but not bad

0|0
    0|0
  • He thinks he's a lot funnier than he is/was.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chevy who?

0|0
    0|0
  • I heard he's a real asshole on set.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. I've never chased a Chevy. I have, however, driven a Ford.

0|0
    0|0