What Do you think of atomic bombings of Hiroshima and nagasaki?

Those bombs were the first dropped atomic bombs and those bombs killed at least 129.000 people and vast majority of them were civilians Some people say especially americans that was necessary to shorten the war and save American lives and Some people say that was a brutal madness What Do you think of Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
What Do you think of atomic bombings of Hiroshima and nagasaki ?

• That was necessary to shorten the war
    27% (6)56% (27)47% (33)Vote
  • That was a brutal madness
    73% (16)44% (21)53% (37)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
3mo ...
3mo .,

0|0
4|29

Most Helpful Girl

• I think Americans should apologise to the Japanese.

3|4
    0|1
    • 3mo

I think the Japanese should thank us for delivering them from a military dictatorship, saving millions of Japanese lives that would have perished in a land invasion and building their economy, post war into the second largest for decades. Betting you didn't study WW2 to any extent beyond nuclear bombs in school, Snowflake.

• Show All
    • 3mo

@NearlyNapping Then you should apologise to Vietnam, Korea, Laos, Cambodia, Tunisia, Cuba, Bolivia and dozens of other countries invaded for no valid reason: http://www.countercurrents.org/polya050713.htm

• 2mo

Thank you for MHO

Most Helpful Guy

• The Japanese raped and murdered more during the Rape of Nanking.
    The British and Americans murdered more civilians in Dresden, as well as Cologne and Hamburg.
    From an Australian point of view, the conduct of the Japanese during the war was to bestial that, as a nation, they had it coming.
    Plan B, which I would have favoured, was to continue the fire bombing of Japanese cities; cut Japan off from all shipping; use fire bombing and chemical warfare to destroy all crops; destroy all bridges, rail lines and roads; generally destroy all infrastructure and food production; then sit back and wait for the Japanese to begin to eat their children.
    For those who feel any sympathy for the Japanese, look up the Burma Railway, Changi Prison, the murder of the Australian nurses on the beach in Malaya, the sinking of Australian hospital ships by Japanese submarines, the industrial-scale rape of women who were given the title of 'comfort women' and the general Japanese treatment of prisoners of war and the populations of conquered lands.
    Any claim that the Japanese had to being considered to be human beings was forfeited by those actions.
    That was why when Australian engaged the Japanese, neither side had any intention to take prisoners, or be taken prisoner. One US field commander used the words 'vermin extermination' to describe the Australian approach to fighting the Japanese.

0|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I don't have an unbiased opinion on it, simply because I haven't heard the Japanese nor the American side.
    I've been taught about this by French teachers and all I remember them say is that it was brutal madness and unnecessary, one of my teachers told us "the Japanese capitulated a little before but the Americans still dropped the bombs to seek revenge on pearl harbor" I'm not sure if its true or not.

So I don't really have an opinion because I don't know enough about it.

0|1
    0|0
    • 3mo

i dont think anything can justify killing innocents, i am on the Japanese side here
      i think the atomic bomb wasn't against japan , but it was against Russia, at that time both sides were concerned about how the profits gonna be distributed
      , that doesn't mean Japanese are angels , they did one of the most disguising stuff,"rape of nanking" i literally cried when i knew about it

• Right or incorrect, the intelligence gathered told to Pres. Truman was told that to end the war the United States and allies had to invade Japan. That action would cost 1 million American soldiers lives. Japan had been urged to surrender. They refused. They were told about the atomic bomb and they refused to surrender. It was an absolute necessity.

0|4
    5|4
  • Both. It was needed to end the war, but it was also horrific. There's no black and white in this, just gray.

1|3
    0|0

What Guys Said 28

• I have no doubt whatsoever that it was the correct decision to drop the bombs. None at all. We always hear about the "innocent" Japanese who were killed. Why are they so much more innocent than all the tens of millions of innocent people the Japanese killed, raped, tortured and enslaved?

People somehow think if someone puts on a uniform then it's OK to kill them. No it's not. There were 70 million people killed in that damn war. 99% of them were innocent. Most were civilians. The vast majority of the people in uniform were also innocent civilians before the war. They were ripped from their homes and forced to put on uniforms and go die, through no fault of their own. The people killed by the atomic bombs were no more innocent than the ones were were forced to put on a uniform.

Whenever people bring up "innocent" Japanese, I say bullshit. If anyone was innocent, it was the tens of millions of Chinese, Indonesians, Filipinos, Americans, Australians who were murdered, raped, tortured, and enslaved by the Japanese. And to this date the Japanese try to pretend that they are the victims. No, they are the guilty, and they are guilty as hell. They are FAR more guilty than the Americans who ended that damn war.

15-20 million Chinese alone were killed. But oh no, can't kill innocent Japanese. Bullshit!

0|1
    0|0
  • Well considering the fact that after the first bomb Japan was still going to keep fighting and after the second they argued for a truce which allowed japan to not be charged with the many many war crimes they commited so I think its safe to say that it was absolutely necessary. Now the bombs themselves where actually not any more damaging then the firebombing of Dresden but it was the fact that it was only one bomb that made it impressive and the realization of how bad the aftermath (radiation poisoning) was that made it horrific. They had no idea how damaging the radation would be so their was a fair bit of ignorance that whent into it, however its important to remember that japan was not an innocent bystandard and the two cities where chosen specificly due to their military production so again it wasn't exactly random innocent country/people who where bombed.

0|2
    0|0
  • For those who think it was brutal madness, study more history. For instance, Google firebombing of Dresden.

www.history.com/.../firebombing-of-dresden

What was necessary was necessary... and the #1 reason why it was REALLY necessary is to know what those weapons can do. Without the experience of the A-bombing of Japan, most likely there would have eventually been H-bombing of somewhere else with millions dead.

0|2
    0|0
  • Despite what some people think it was the only way to end the war while the Japanese emperor did want to surrender the military of imperial Japan did not. And were just about to overthrow him with a military coup as well as brainwash and arm the entire population so that the entire nation would be an armed military state and they were going to fight to the death of every man, woman and child as well as try to launch counter attacks agaisnt the United States itself through the form of chemical and biological weapons.

So yes we did drop the bombs and we did kill thousands upon thousands of people. But the alternative was an amphibious invasion of Japan by the United States which would have resulted in millions of deaths on both sides.

Which do you think was the better choice? thousands dead or millions dead?

0|2
    0|0
  • Necessary.
    If the bombs were not dropped and a conventional invasion were conducted instead , the casualties estimates for allied forces ranges between 250,000 to 2,000,000 depending on when will the Japanese surrender.
    issforum.org/roundtables/PDF/Roundtable-IX-23.pdf

1|2
    0|0
    • 3mo

or if they even surrendered I imagine that they would have gladly rerouted civilians to do suicide runs like the tali-band. There was a possibility that the war would never have ended if their government did not end it. Which is why we never killed off the Japanese government or the emperor with our bombs.

• 3mo

@Dim_121
      Yep. After the Battle of Saipan , the indigenous population just started jumping off cliffs near the Northern Mariana Islands. The so called "Banzai Cliffs". The Imperial Japanese government had been indoctrinating the people about how the allies would rape and kill the women and children of every prefecture they conquer. Brainwashed.

• They were just two bigger and badder bombs. The death toll in the war against Japan had already been well over 35 million non-Japanese and the Japanese were willing to fight to the bitter end and the last man as they had demonstrated in every battle during WW2

1|3
    0|0
  • It was evil but did its intended job. Unintentionally, it also showed the world what these bombs could do which may have prevented a world war since that moment. Now every sovereign nation accepts a world war would mean the end of humans. It's also highlights how times have changed for the better. Back then the massive loss of civilain life was cheered by the American public. Decades passed before the majority even Acknowledged its horror. If a US president did that today he would be charged with war crimes and the American people would end his support.

0|3
    0|0
  • Necessary because of Imperial Japan's atrocious treatment of occupied Asia. Their war crimes rivaled that of Nazi Germany. Nobody remembers the Nanking Massacre or Philippines. Every day we did not drop the bomb was another little girl stabbed in the vagina with a bayonet. I would have dropped 100 atomic bombs on Japan if it meant ending the war and saving even one little girl from that fate.

0|2
    0|0
  • Either they dropped those two bombs, or the war would have continued and an invasion would have taken place - in that scenario, millions more lives would have been lost.

0|2
    0|0
  • It's odd how people so rarely stop to consider how the Soviet Union factors into the decision to drop the atomic bombs. Most historians believe the Soviet Union came out on top of WW2. They, not the the U. S. or the U. K. took Berlin. As a result they gained considerable influence over eastern and central Europe.
    How much more world influence would they have gained had a long drawn out at finally ended with them and not the U. S. taking Japan.

1|2
    0|0
  • Doing so ended the war and saved many millions of Japanese lives and more than a million Allied lives. Since accurate history has not been taught in government schools for must young people are pumped full of on this, Quick, Without checking the internet, what year did some kind of people fly airplanes into what things where? How many were there?

0|2
    0|1
    • 3mo

Dude I just wanted to say you are correct and don't argue with that guy down there, he is a literal and actual neo-nazi

• i think... dont fuck with the united states. like toby keith says. well put a boot in your ass thats the American way.

0|1
    0|0
    • 3mo

a wise man once said there are two types of countries. those that use the mtric system and those that have been to the moon.

• it just shows how civilized Americans are , how not violent they are
    they are the most merciful people, i think you can measure how mercy people are by how many atomic bombs they launched
    , when they kill , it becomes a necessary , i dunno when killing innocents became a necessity , but its not arguable that this is civilization
    R. I. P logic

1|1
    0|0
    • 3mo

You must not understand war then

• Show All
    • 3mo

I get it you hate westerners and blame them for wars
      I would ask you to dig deeper and find out who funds these wars and why?

• 3mo

@ModernDayCrusader
      already did, and the reason is westerns greed, from Macedonian invasion to USA,11 invasion
      and i don't hate westerns, actually its clear that i am against killing any innocents even if they are westerns ,
      but i don't like when westerns claim that others are violent or try to justify their violence

• Probably would have been better to drop it on an isolated military base somewhere. Not as much civilian damage but gets the message across.

1|1
    0|0
    • 3mo

That wouldn't have had the same effect.

Really we should have used these same tactics in 2001 to illustrate the point that you don't fuck with the US and end all the shit in the middle east before it started.

• 3mo

@Gommers I somewhat agree. But not a nuclear bomb just our whole arsenal.

• 3mo

@Dim_121 We tried that, it didn't work. We should have gone over and taken out two or three of the capital cities in the middle east and said, "Since nobody is going to take credit, you're all getting punished."

• It was a necessary madness.

1|3
    0|0
  • I love watching people justifying it

1|1
    0|0
  • Japan started it when they attacked the USA when we weren't even at war with them.
    I wish America would use nukes more often.
    And it did actually shorten the war with Japan real quick.

0|1
    0|0
  • War crime. Exactly what the Americans were in the war: War criminals.

0|2
    0|1
    • 3mo

They didn't start the war in either theater. They just finished the pacific war humanely. 300k nuclear casualties is nothing compared to the millions who would have been lost in a land invasion.

• Show All
    • 3mo

**yawn**
      Logically, you know it was justified.
      The criminality was on the part of the Nazis, imperial Japanese and hapless Italians.
      Without the leadership and power of the USA , the world would still be living under monarchs and dictators and if Europe is not vigilant, it will soon be a caliphate. Now run along, pajama boy. Your mom is calling.

• 3mo

@Dargil Oh nice. Now it is justified as well.
      It was justified that the Americans gang raped my great grandmother inside her house with eight men, it was justified that they murdered her nine year old daughter (my grandmother) with fighter planes because walking through the green field with a red headscarf made her a beautiful target for your criminals, it was justified that the Americans sent my other great grandmother to a concentration camp and let her starve to death because her husband was an SS soldier. Sorry Ami boy, I would prefer a dictatorship every time instead of your democracy and divide and conquer tactics. And keep watching your Hollywood propaganda movies to make yourself feel better because obviously you learn history that way or just by reading books assigned to you by your marxist school teacher.

• We did what we had to
    The whole war was brutal madness, this just ended it all

0|1
    0|0
  • It was a fascinating test of what a nuclear bomb could do. Nothing more than an experiment.

0|1
    0|0
  • the war was already over.

and that we did it 2x... madness.

1|1
    1|4
    • 3mo

The Japanese would never have surrendered just look at how their soldiers fought. Imagine a whole country with that mentality against us. As it is we can't even control the tali-band that use similar tactics. We needed the heads of their government to surrender peacefully. Which is why we never bombed the leaders in their government or the imperial palace.

• Show All
    • 3mo

Maybe read the Chinese's history on WW2 and you will see that the Japanese killed 35million Chinese.

• 3mo

35million thats more killed than the Holocaust, hiroshima, Nagasaki, Pearl harbour,9/11 and 20 million Russian War dead WW2 combined. That actually makes Japan the biggest war criminals in history.

• Life is all about trials and errors and in my opinion i think they honestly deserved it anyways

0|1
    0|0
  • It was not needed. It was a show of force, a very cruel one.

1|1
    1|1
    • 3mo

damn right it was. like when a parent spanks a child. knock your shit off.

• you can't deny it was a bombastic mood
    I think we should stop all wars

0|1
    0|0
  • It was completely unnecessary because Japan would have capitulated anyway, because USSR declared war on them, so the Japanese knew that they wouldn't stand a chance against both Americans and Soviets.

2|3
    0|0
    • 3mo

Japan has planned to fight to the death. Children were trained in guerilla warfare.

• 3mo

@Dargil I'm aware of that, yet only Zaibatsu imperialists wanted to continue the war, but the Emperor was a reasonable man, he wanted to capitulate after the USSR proclaimed war on them, he knew that there was no other option. The Japanese people would have listened to him, after all, he had a divine status among them.

• The alternative was an amphibious invasion of Japan, and presumably a fight to the death by the Japanese army.

The fact that they didn't surrender after the first bomb should tell you something.

0|1
    0|0
  • That was a brutal madness

0|1
    0|0
  • The war itself was brutal madness. It was just a continuation of the first world war which started because of stupid alliances between nations that all began with some arch duke getting shot like a schmuck by some kid.

It wasn't just saving American lives more Japanese would have died as well if US did a mainland invasion on Japan. The Pacific theater had like the lowest rates of POW's because next to no Japanese ever surrendered and they really were not in the mood to be letting americans surrender.

0|2
    0|0