Why do conservatives tell the people who speak out about Americas problems, that if you don't like this country get out?

I have noticed it's mainly conservatives that say this. Not all of course so don't get triggered. Why don't they just admit we have our problems like every other country? Saying "if you don't like it get out" won't fix a damn thing. Instead we will just continue to have our problems.

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably multiple reasons.

First, a lot of conservatives are nationalistic.

Second, conservatives are much more independent, while liberals come across as whiners who want everything handed to them. Conservatives have no tolerance for that.

Third, conservatives tend to seriously hate liberalism, so any excuse at all to lash out is valid.

Forth. Impatience. Conservatives are sick and tired of being pushed around by liberals who always get their way. So their patience to engage in real dialog has been worn pretty thin. Simply telling them to get out is much easier than actual dialog that falls on deaf ears.

What Guys Said 21

• "won't fix a damn thing." That is the point. They are saying "We don't want to fix this." It usually has something to do with economy/gun laws/healthcare (actually improving it not just repealing Obamacare). It is also relative if you listen to them. Things conservatives want to change like more tax cuts for billionaires, or repealing Obamacare, all of a sudden those "need" to be fixed, and its not "unpatriotic" to talk about them. It's just a thought stopper to try and keep certain issues from being discussed.

• Yeah, it's a stupid mentality that achieves nothing. I can understand people saying 'get out' if you just complain without providing any solution, but typically these comments stem from ignorance because if they were directly affected by the problems they wouldn't be sitting back acting as if everything's perfect and telling anyone who doesn't feel that way to leave.

• Because they hold certain things like the national anthem or the flag as sacred.
    And, refusing to stand for the national anthem isn't exactly speaking out or standing up for injustices.
    Also, I notice a lot of liberals take this position, but when it's about opposing lgbtq or defending the right to fly the Confederate flag they're position suddenly does a 180. Suddenly speaking out about American problems becomes a decidedly un-american thing to do.
    My point here is both liberals and conservatives have the same habit if being completely intolerant of positions that oppose their own.

• That's because they hope some people will leave indeed :o
    All cultures and political streams have their pros and cons and there are sometimes opinions from conservatives I can understand.
    But they tend to generalize too much.
    Like "the muslims" or "the Mexicans" are the problem. They're not, there are some of them who may have caused problems but taking big measures and hitting an entire people is destroying your own future :-(

• The only time the term makes sense to me is if it is toward people who moved to the US, then started complaining about things here. If they are actively trying to fix the issues then fair enough, but to just move here and sit on their butt and complain, I'd say piss off if they wanted me to listen.

It's like, if I were to move to Japan, and then piss and moan about something there. I would expect the reaction to be similar to, "Well, if ya don't like it here, go somewhere else.". It's logic. "If it's so bad here, then leave or shut up."

• Conservatives believe in freedom as long as what you do and say agrees with them. Anyone says or does anything else, they can just "Get Out if they don't like it". So if they majority of Americans don't like Donald Trump, why do his supporters still stay.

• Liberals make stuff up or create problems to get more power. The real problem is liberal policies big government.

• Conservatives say that in response to criticism of America itself, not of America's problems. That's a distinction liberals for some reason fail to grasp.

• Liberals often invent or stir up problems to suit themselves and their own personal agenda.

• Congratulations! You are already more intelligent than 90% of all Conservatives.

• Because some people are so ignorant thy can't stand the thoughts of people who think diffrently and who are different to exist.

• Conservatives by nature tend to have trouble relating to other points of view. And can't understand why other people don't share their POV.

Not to say they are the only ones...

• cause they're racist

• Sometimes it is because the person complaining about it either doesn't vote at all, or does nothing themselves to improve any of the things they complain about.

• Because more often than not the ones complaining are the same immigrants who are here only because their home countries are even worse. Thus, why should we take them seriously when they could not even fix their own countries? We will just become like them, and then immigrants will no longer want to come here.

Just because we are considered better than some countries doesn't mean we can still make improvements.

That's not the point I was trying to make but whatever I am not about to explain it.

Jrichards u be wanking off too little girls all day mate?

• Because they don't see those things as problems.

• Lol even liberals are like thatcin my country.

• It's like those gagers that block you when they don't agree with one of your opinions.

• They're proud of their country, and they don't like people criticizing it or, even worse, insulting it.

We have our problems like literally every other country in the world. I guarantee if you were directly affected by one of the problems America has, you would not be sitting back trying to get over it.

That depends on which problem. I doubt the conservatives you're referring to would say that America is without faults.

• Makes sense
    If you are just going to sit there and whine and complain about it then you should find a better country and move there

Win win!

• Ginny... is that you?

What Girls Said 0