If another group of people started the country Israel, would there still be this same conflict till today?

• Yes
    100% (4)73% (8)80% (12)Vote
  • No
    0% (0)27% (3)20% (3)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
3mo Explain your reasoning
3mo For everyone who has said YES, why hasn't that happened in other countries that have actually stolen land?

0|0
1|14

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously, the conflict is not about the people themselves , it's the concept as a whole.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Which is?

• Show All
    • 3mo

@elissadido What's the ***? Lol

• 3mo

occupation, theft, genocide, apartheid.

Most Helpful Guy

• That depends, are the group going to steal land from the native population then have a super power back them to the point where their able to get away with inciting violence violating peace aggrements and commiting genocide against their neighbor all in an attempt to take as much territory as possible all while being protected by said super power preventing them from suffering the ramafications of their horrific crimes (starting wars violating peace aggrements stealing land of a soverign nation, terrorist attacks etc.)? Its not the people its the ideology, the political ideology of Zionism is no different then nationalism the idea that they matter more then any one else (they being the state not the individual people) so yes their would be many issues similar but no in that things have played out in such away that Israel has been allowed to get away with many many horrible crimes simply because they sided with America in the cold war.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Guys Said 13

• perhaps. if they land they were given already had people living on it for several thousand years and was the holy land of several religions... there is a great potential if the scenario was the same with different religious groups there would be conflict

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. The problem is not the religion, but the entire violent way it happened.

Israel at this point is one of the most disgusting countries out there. Nothing to dow ith the religion, but all to do with how they treat human rights.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes but to a lesser extent. If there were no major difference in faiths between this new Israel and the rest of the Arab world it just be a land dispute that probably could have been resolved a long time ago.

The sticking point always seems to end up being about some Holy book making promises of land to said people. If they wanted it, current Isreal could easily have most of Northern Baja California. Similar climate, access to the ocean and 3x the land.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, there'd be a different conflict instead to take its place.

1|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

by the way, here are the main alternative groups of people who were attempting to establish Israel elsewhere first:
      1. The Sephardic Jewish state of Jodensavanne (https://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Jodensavanne)
      2. Joseph Chamberlain, Theodore Herzl and the World Zionist Organization's Uganda Scheme (https://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Uganda_Scheme)
      3. Arthur James Balfour, Dr M L Rothstein and the Entente's proposed 'Jewish State of Eastern Arabia' (http://britishlibrary. typepad. co. uk/untoldlives/2014/04/the-jewish-state-of-eastern-arabia. html)
      4. Stalin and the Soviet Union's Jewish Autonomous Oblast (https://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Jewish_Autonomous_Oblast)
      5. Isaac Nachman Steinberg and the Freeland League for Jewish Territorial Colonization's Kimberley Plan (https://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Kimberley_Plan)
      6. Franz Rademacher and the Nazis' Madagascar Plan (https://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Madagascar_Plan)

• 3mo

The first of these would have the potential to be the most peaceful by far, but I think it's clear that there'd have been plenty of potential for conflict in all of the other alternative scenarios, wouldn't you?

• Yes because Israel is just the scapegoat everyone blames for the internal problems of the neighboring countries. Blaming the jews for self inflicted problems to distract the masses from the real issues has become somewhat of a tradition dating back long before even Hitler did it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, if they weren't Arab muslims of the 'correct' sexy. Look at the muslim world, they kill each other for being the 'wrong' kind of Muslim.

2|0
    1|0
  • it's occupation either way.. but since zionist jews own the media, they can paint "israel" as good, instead of the worst nightmare in history it is... no other group could do that... since they wouldn't own (90%) of the media.

most disgusting state in history. and "israelis" are the ultimate BIGOTS in history and not connected to Israelites beyond about 2%.

and americans pay for their genocide of palestinians.

0|0
    1|0
  • Yes, its about land and resources disguised as religion

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

Conflict is everywhere. Will never stop. Not 1000 years ago, not now and not 1000 years later

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Would it be the same conflict though?

• 3mo

We'll as long as people are kicked from their homes and land is stolen which isn't rightfully theirs will create conflict and hate.

• i think if i gave your mom to my friend as a reward
    it won't matter to you who i am, where i am from, what i do believe in

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Then why don't they care about the other parts of Palestine, such as Jordan and Syria?

• 3mo

would you ask then why did i care about your mom not others?

• Probably not.

0|1
    0|0
  • Id say noo

0|0
    0|0
  • Which conflict? Do you mean the one where Sunni and Shia muslims are fighting, again? Or the one where Qatari vs. Saudi backed foreign militias jockey for leadership positions in that conflict? Or do you mean the one where particular tribes attempt to wipe out other tribes? Or back other groups so some group like the kurds doesn't get their own state which would embolden them to try to grab more land? Or the one where say the Yazidi get packaged up as sex slaves because ISIS decides they're devil worshippers/offering sex slaves is good for recruitment?

0|0
    1|0
    • 3mo

Thats the middle east conflicts. The question is specific about the land of Israel.

• 3mo

I think a lot of other groups of people wouldn't have been able to hold on to the state. But if it was some other local group say Palestinians I think it would be similar conflict, though slightly different character.