If I tell my therapist that im suicidal, will he throw me in a hospital?

Id like to let him know how i truly feel but im afraid hell send me to a nut house and that ill waste a lot of time there..

0|0
3|3

Most Helpful Girl

• No, you will not be put in a hospital. My doctor knows I sometimes get suicidal, but he certainly has not encouraged hospitalization. You should tell your therapist whatever he/she should know.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

ok so i will not be forced against my will?

• Show All
    • 3mo

I see. Don't worry, that doesn't mean you will be hospitalized against your own will unless you are extremely troubled and/or violent. Please tell your therapist anything you haven't told them.

• 3mo

i will.. thank you

Most Helpful Guy

• No don't worry.. They are actually trained to assist you, i know because I was trained too.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

ok i hope you're right.. i hear that they immediately call the cops when you mention suicide

• Show All
    • 3mo

Okay then as far as I know they won't put you in a hospital because believe it or not, having suicidal thoughts is very common among people and thats exactly what a therapist is trained to help you with.. So.. No worries bro :) im also here if u need to talk

• 3mo

thank you.. it is greatly appreciated!

What Girls Said 2

• He's probably legally obligated to take action about it. But please don't let that stop you from telling him. Remember, he's there to HELP you and he'll do what you need to get help. Though I don't think just being suicidal will land you in a hospital. But I don't know where you're from and what the law is like there.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

im just afraid to tell him and have my life wasted away in a nut house.. im from the US

• 3mo

Okay well I do not think they'll put you in the hospital for that... But at the end of the day, in the slight chance that DID happen, would you rather spend your days suicidal or come out of a hospital one day with a fresh head? Maybe check out some state laws if you're concerned.

• 3mo

actually, my goal is to get it done.. so the answer to that question is id rather be suicidal because its not going to happen if im supervised in a hospital

• I'm pretty sure unless you are attempting they won't do it or allow to since you have to consent to go. Since your 18 and up. So I don't know why your scared you can scream your abusing my rights and get out lol.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

ok.. although with suicide, i dont think i need to consent.. i think the police can just force me into it

• Show All
    • 3mo

Anytime know your rights, they have no right to force you there unless it by law OR you choose to do it.

• 3mo

got it.. thank you miss!

What Guys Said 2

• i have no idea man. i hope not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

well, back to square one