I lost a ton of weight and now guys actually talk to me. I have social anxiety. What do I do?

Suddenly guys actually notice me and act friendly at college. I'm so shy and awkward and have no friends. I try to be friendly when they talk to me but I tend to act very cold because I have social anxiety & am so awkward. When I see them later I panic and don't know what to say.

Why are they talking to me? Why didn't they talk to me before? What do they want? What do I do? Please help!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• They're interested, it feels fake doesn't it? Insincere af... I always thought attraction was deeper than looks but obviously not. Just don't get involved until you feel secure in yourself and talk to people who make you feel confident.

What Guys Said 4

• Well, good job! You're succeeding, just know that.
    Just talk to them, let them lead the convo if you can't think of anything to say. You'll find a guy you enjoy talking to if you talk to enough different guys.

• They talk to you because you look pretty. Are you surprise? lol. They didn't talk to you before because you were fat (I assumed) and you lost a ton of weight so now you actually look attractive.

What do you do? Talk to them and gain some experience. Make some friends. Soon you will good at talking to people and be less awkward.

Have fun with it! and congratulation on losing the weight! Keep up the good work.

• Keep looking for a guy that seems genuine. Don't go for pure attraction, go for similar general interests, family upbringing, look for someone that can understand you and wants to know everything about you. Don't sleep with a guy until he's proven that to be his intention.

• Find a guy who you feel comfortable around and take it from there.

What Girls Said 1

• Same thing happened to me once I lost weight in college too.
    Go to the bars at night with some friends and loosen up and flirt with guys there that aren't with someone else lol