How to get out of the fat kid mentality?

When I was younger I was fat. I was never really a kinny kid. Anyways I was always on the verge of being overweight until I was about 10. That's when I actually did become overweight. I hated my body, other kids made fun of my weight, my family made fun of my body, and they forced me to do some extreme dieting and work out plans that never worked. Eventually I started losing the weight around age 15. Now I'm happier with my weight, but I never really got out of the mindset of a fat kid. I still get nervous when boys talk to me because they never used to do that. I still get worried when I see people laughing and/or looking in my directiom because I feel like they're judging me. I still won't wear crop tops or bikinis because I'm afraid of what people will think. For some reason I'm still this terrified, anxious, and insecure little girl when I actually look the best I ever have in my whole life. My friends tell me I'm the perfect weight, not too skinny and not too fat. Guys talk to me and compliment me. I've even made a few other girls jealous and worried that I'll steal their boyfriends even though that's something I'd never do. I look great for once and my life but I don't feel like it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone has their insecurities and u have yours. It's about being comfortable in your own skin. If you are able to make or take jokes on yourself once in a while about being fat and have a good laugh about it without feeling insecure and uncomfortable then you might be able to handle this better. It's not easy to get over something u r anxious with. But if good thing in your life outweigh the bad including your insecurity then it should be enough. Whenever you feel like people judging and laughing at you just try to think out loud in ur head "to hell with those losers". Wear your attitude in positive way along with crop tops and bikinis if u want to. lol.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0