How much should an average 20-22 year olds have in their saving account?

say they are in college, no job, no rent, no bills.

Most Helpful Guy

• What expense if any do you have? Do you pay for gas, lunch... anything?

The way you describe it your account should have at least $5 so it's not closed by the bank.

Most Helpful Girl

• I just started saving like 2 months ago (next week I'm turning 20) and I now have 1,500. But it depends on if you have time to work et cetera. I only work around 10 hours a week (bc of my classes) and put most of my pay checks into by savings, but that is because everything is payed for. It has a lot to do with my hispanic culture and being a girl (you don't leave the house till you are married, sufficient, or school). I just do it because I feel like I need to learn money management now when I have to opportunity to mess up and still have my parents support.

Why lie about your age? 17/20.

@GrapeJuice lol yeah when I made is account I was embarrassed that I was using this page so I made a fake email and put a fake age. I don't know... I thought it would make me more "ambiguous" to the point that if someone I knew was on they wouldn't suspect it was me. Ik dumb.

Right.

What Guys Said 7

• Wel if they have no job and no debt then probably not much unless they have been saving money from special occasions and their parents

• About $500 dollars

if i want to have 100k by i turn 28 would it be possible if i only have 20k now?

Yes if you start flipping houses you will pass that big time

• For me... about 3k right now... including all in stocks.

• Zero

• like 2 bucks

• My sister falls under that age bracket she turned 20, she has no more than $6k and no less than $4k. Not much, but considering she's not only a freeloader, she's always wasting her money. That's a decent amount.

• 0 dollars

What Girls Said 1

• If you're in college and dont have bills you should be working

my parents doesn't allow me to.

in my country i cannot make my own decision until i finish college. Dont say shit if you dont know the problem.

Then dont ask shit if you dont want a real answer