Why do people get offended easily?

I just now saw a question be asked about if the word human was offensive and I herd someone said people get offended by everything my question is why do people get offended by everything? if this question or my opinions I give offend u I am sorry

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people are so so thin skinned, others are sensitive cause they feel like the world revolves around them basically in other words they have big egos, it just that you don't see this as often in real life cause in real life reacting in such a negative way just cause someone said something that hurt your feelings or offended you would result in people laughing at you or just more consequences.
    Many people show their true colors on here or anywhere else on the internet reddit, yahoo, youtube comments, etc. cause they are safe behind a screen an are anon. Plus on the internet less consequences for what you say.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sick and tired of people thinking they get a clap on this site. Jesus this is getting annoying a guy early posting about its a good idea to marry someone for a green card and couldn't handle when I call him an asshole after I said just get a visa he goes and says "well the government won't find out we marry for it" so I gave him shit and he blew up over what? he wants to do something illegally and he getting prissy someone calling him out on it. I'm seriously getting tired of these trolls and idiots on here.

i no what u mean

GAG doesn't even do anything to them but just taking comments off. They should be evil and let them keep their accounts but disable their comments so they can't talk, making their accounts useless.

What Guys Said 14

• Because we live in a society that is stupid enough to pander to people's feelings instead of simple logic.

• Because society is getting full of spoiled over-sensitive little pussies. They are so damn spoiled that they have nothing better to do than find every possible way they might be offended, most of the time reading between the lines what's not even there.

If they lived in a part of the world where they are lucky to get some food in their mouths they wouldn't have time to worry about all that trivial bullshit. But they have plenty of food, that they totally take for granted, they have a roof over their head, with heat in the winter and A/C in the summer. They have their iPad and iPhone and all their other iShit. Then they have the fucking balls to sit around going "woe is me, my life is miserable because some fucking asshole on the internet said fuck and now I'm offended".

First world problems aren't problems at all. They are trivial bullshit by spoiled little brats who have everything else going for them, so they think trivial bullshit to complain about.

Get a fucking life you bunch of fucking pussies. Throw away all your iShit, throw away all your other shit, walk out the door with nothing but a backpack and $50, don't get any help from anyone else, come back in a year, then see where your priorities are. You are quite capable of doing that, but you are putting all your energy into trivial bullshit instead of stuff that's actually important.

• I answered that question. In retrospect, the person was likely just trolling. Even so, I have seen actual things like that and they were totally serious. So I don't know if that person was joking or not.

• Because nowadays it's socially acceptable to be offended by everything, and since we say sorry every time someone is offended by the slightest thing, they keep on doing it.

• The conditioning imposed by a liberal mindset. People in the USA are weak and irresponsible. They are taught to believe that personal responsibility does not matter and it is easy to blame others and find fault with what others do and say to you that ruins their life.

• We live in a world devoid of absolutes, and are left with nothing but grey areas. A world more and more wherein to disagree is to hate. A world wherein everyone who draws breath must get a trophy.

• because maybe political correctness has made many people too soft?

• Because the media tells us to get offended, what is offensive and how much offense we should take to everything.

• noone can stand opinions
    i get blocked all the time:D
    it feels that i am too right to be arguable :D

• A first-world problem, perhaps?

I guess we should be happy about enjoying the luxury of being offended. If the economy collapsed, society broke down, and mass-violence became a norm in these regions, little insults (and exchanges we decide to interpret as insults) would be the least of our concerns.

• Because they are raising a generation of weaklings and idiots.

• People have different minds and have different designs.
    pub336womenshealth.wikispaces.com/.../...brain.jpg

• Media, that's all I can say.

• Some people are butthurt eventhough u nvr done anything sexual 🤔

What Girls Said 12

• Some people are just too over sensitive, but then you get others who are confrontational , so they take offence at the slightest thing to draw you into an argument

The way I look on it is... I'm responsible for what i say , but I'm not responsible for how other people respond to what I say, they are.

I would never intentionally hurt someone's feelings , but I won't stop voicing my own opinions just in case someone gets offended

• There are quite a few things that I'm sure most of us can agree people are much too sensitive about. I'm thinking of the recent Ellen on Usain Bolt's back picture that some people freaked out over, but there is also the other side of things which is when someone uses this, "you're so sensitive" bit as a means to actually just be an a-hole or other ism, ist, or phobe that they actually are.

I think we all know our circle or set of people who get our humor, our logic, our mannerisms and things we say and we hang around them because they understand us, but you're asking people over the internet who don't know you, can't tell if you're joking or not or the meaning of your words online, or frankly they don't know you b/c you're anon, to somehow get that something is a joke or not so serious or that in some cases, you can joke about 'your people,' that way. It's easy in that sense, to get really offended because communication isn't just words on paper--it's meaning, it's facial expressions, its our history, and all the other parts that go into that don't necessarily make sense in a comment box.

I never joke when I ask questions or give a opinion and I go anonymous sometimes so that I don't receive hate but I see what your saying

• On or Off of Gag, @Pinkbeauty, many People tend to Be... Super Thin Skinned on Sore Subjects.
    However, you are Now at Level9 this Time, and in Getting to be Master of your own Domain, Overlook it.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• People like to nitpick for absolutely no reason as it seems. They just want to argue for argument's sake, to try to "win."

• because thats all they know.

• Simple... insecurities, my dear Watson.

• Stupidity. No amount of education can change stupidity , its a choice , its a lifestyle choice.. bahaha

• I actually answered that question and a girl replied saying that I was offended. Which, I wasn't.

No, not everyone is easily offended. Yea, you have sensitive people but being easily offended by looking left and right isn't very good.

• You know that person is a) a guy pretending to be a girl and b) trolling right?

• people r closed minded and ignorant. period.

• I guess some people are really sensitive

• LOL welcome to GAG. Most people here are adults, but they have the mindset of 13 year olds. Most of them have two digit IQs as well. When you're on GAG, you need to lower your standard by ten fold