How do you get over caring and wanting people more than they want you?

its my own stupidity I guess. its exhausting but I hope to not waste my time on them if they couldn't care for me. do you have any tips to help me get over them?

many thanks

What Guys Said 2

• You have to develop a "Fuck people" mindset. After it fully sinks in, it feels great!

• It's a matter of caring for and loving yourself... self-esteem. When you focus all of your attention on getting love and attention from others, it is a clear sign that you are not giving it to yourself...

I have a lot of love to give, enjoy conversation and hoped that some people might want the same. but I am wrong. I do love myself and am very comfortable with it. I think a person needs to love themselves before giving love to others but they didn't want it. so do you have any suggestions of how to stop wanting to give it out or for me to stop missing them?

Giving it out is one thing... expecting it in return is completely different. It sounds like you are the one who is suffering over them not returning the favor. If they don't want to, then you must move on. They are not required to return the favor.

What Girls Said 1

• It's difficult when you constantly care more than others. You open yoirself up to a lot of hurt being that way. So my advice would be to try to protect yourself as best as you can. Start treating people the way that they treat you.

I don't think I have it in me to treat them as they do to me. I will guard myself but how do I let go of the people I currently care for who don't want it?

You just have to choose. You or them? You can't make them reciprocate feelings or care the way that you do. And continuing to try and fail is only hurting you. So you have to decide. Keep hurting yourself for their sake, or let go of it and start the healing process?