Would you dislike it if your significant other took a ride home from the opposite sex?

They are getting off from work on a rainy day. They are offered a ride by one of their co-workers.

• Yes , I would dislike it
  • No, I wouldn't dislike it
Select a gender to cast your vote:

4262

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• What a ridiculous thing to be upset about... so they're just supposed to walk or take transit home in the rain, even though they have the option of a nice dry car ride home, because the driver happens to be the opposite gender?

What Guys Said 61

• Depends on the guy.

• That's not necessary in my country because the public transportation is excellent and people usually go everywhere by bike, bus or train. So if my girlfriend was offered a ride by another guy, I would feel a little strange about it. I would assume that guy intentionally brought his car that day just to offer a ride to my girlfriend (why not just offer to take the same train together). However, it also depends on the situation and the guy. If I wouldn't know him and he's just some random work colleague, I would probably dislike it... maybe also be a little worried about my girlfriend's safety. If he was a friend of my girlfriend and I knew him and trusted him, I probably wouldn't care. My girlfriend has a guy she's very close to and she regularly goes to his place but I don't worry about them doing anything. I know the guy too and I trust him. His interest in sex is about as high as a polar bear's interest in going on a vacation to the caribbean. He even once said to my girlfriend that he doesn't understand why people have sex and he thinks it's gross.

• This has to be in the top ten stupidest things to get upset about in a relationship. You'd rather your significant other get soaking wet and be miserable when they got home than they got a lift, just because the person giving the lift is of the opposite sex? You need your head examined.

I used to give people lifts home or to their station all the time, not just if it was raining, but also if it was late. Many of them were female and it seemed like a kind gesture to save them the walk and also ensure they got to their home or onto their train safely. If my SO at the time had had a problem with this I'd have told her where to go.

• Exactly. Anyone who would get upset about this shows that they see their SO as property, no a human being... they'd rather the person get soaked walking or taking transit home than get a lift... ridiculous!

• I wouldn't mind if they dont have a car and its only going to take longer for them to get back. Plus I trust their co-worker to get them back safely and not make moves. Especially when my SO knows more than enough to be able to say "no" if anything happens. As one of her favorite things to do is tackle me.

• I'd have to kill them both, of course. But first I'd urinate in their mouths.

• I can't believe people are so jealous on here that some would rather see the person they care about walk in the rain then get a ride because its the opposite sex. Like how little trust do you have? It has been my experience that people with little trust can not be trusted. Generally like people who cheat worry about their partner cheating. People who do something always assume everyone else does as well.

• If the guy brought you home and didn't try anything, there's no harm done. Your partner should trust you to be faithful; if they don't have that trust, THAT is the problem.

• Nah. If my girl decides to cheat, she'll cheat. If she doesn't plan to cheat, she won't put herself in any situation she would be tempted.

So why worry? It's not like I can stop her if she wants to bang other guys. I can only dump her or keep her.

• I would think that my taste in the kind I like wouldn't get into a situation where they couldn't be able to defend herself IF shit went down. I wouldn't mind it but I mean, it makes more sense that if she knew she didn't have a ride back from work and it was going to be raining I would be picking her up. Like I said though my girl would pack a knife, pepper spray, know martial arts or basic defense techniques or carry a.38 special.

• No, I wouldn't dislike it. I would HATE IT. I'm a very jealous guy. I can't stand watching my significant other taking a ride home from another man!

• If you're so insecure about your relationship that you can't trust your SO to get a lift home on a rainy day, you're probably best off breaking up with them. A relationship founded on jealousy and no trust is not one that is built to last.

• No. I'd trust my girl.

• Nah getting rides from your coworkers isn't that uncommon, and it's just a ride lmao. If I got mad about that I'd have to get mad about them working with the opposite sex in the first place and that's just crazy.

• i trust my partner so i'd be fine with it

• So what?

It wouldn't bother someone who isn't insecure.

• Not really. If I couldn't make it in time , I wouldn't mind her colleague offering her a ride. Sure as hell beats standing in the rain. Would prefer the colleague of her's to be someone that I know tho.

• Ummm if it was completely platonic and nothing else then I don't have a problem with that..

• No I wouldn't care, a ride home is a ride home.

• It's just a ride it doesn't matter.

• Yes I would dislike it. But if she trusted him and also assured me it was okay I would let her because she has a life to live and I'm here to make it as easy and blissful as possible not be her dad.

• no it wouldn't bother me , since there is no real bus scheduled to go near where my wife works and our house it would be nice of them to give her a ride home in the event her truck broke down

• If I trust them I don't see any reason why I should be afraid.

• Nope i trust my wife.

• If I can't trust her to have a ride... I shouldn't be with her. ya

• why would it matter?

• Vs what? Walking home in the rain? Paying for a cab? I'd buy that nice person a 6 pack for his/her trouble.

• I would trust my SO. It wouldn't be an issue for me

• As long as there's no hanky panky going on -_- . But my SO would never be in that situation, if she needs picking up or dropping off anywhere I'm always there :)

• A ride home is nothing more than that.
    I would not care. I would however appreciate it if I get called to know about this in beforehand.

• I would be uncomfortable if I don't know the person but I would not stop her. I completely totally trust her without an iota of doubt. It's the crazy guys I don't trust.

• More from Guys
    31

What Girls Said 41

• You mean like tonight? Hermine is about to hit us. I would be grateful if he got a ride home, and wasn't on his bike!

• No. If i can't trust them to get a ride home from the opposite sex then can I trust them at all?

• Lol no, if I'm with someone, I have more faith in him than that. He's not gonna whip out his dick just because he's in the same vehicle as a girl.

• Did they fool around in the car lol? If not, then there's no reason to dislike it. I'd even thank the co-worker for getting him home in the rain.
    Anyone who has a problem with this has a stick up their ass and should sort out their trust issues/find a partner they can actually trust.

• No. Its just a friendly gesture. As long as there is no sexual intentions going on, its fine. Now if they are taking way too long to drop a person off or a detour then you know something is up.

• I wouldn't dislike it, I wouldn't like it- however its just a ride! Better than them being stuck in the rain

• No, because I'm not a psycho.

• I'd be totally fine with that. I'd rather he got the lift than have to walk in the rain.

• I'd be cool with it. Both my boyfriend and I have a ton of opposite and same sex friends, and both of us would have to not get a ride home from anyone or hang out with any friends if we were not going to have friends of the gender we're attracted to (both of us are bisexual)

• My instant thought is I wouldn't like that one bit but as is, we both work at the same place and I know everyone there. The females at our job I trust but if he worked anywhere else he'd have some hell to deal with when he comes home. Like ask me to pick you up.

• super insecure people dislike it.. there's nothing wrong or alarming about a co worker just trying to help you in bad weather

• He could of called me first but eh whatever. It's just a ride home and if she was there and it was pouring down rain, I'd be ok with it.

• But dude, that sounds like the perfect excuse to cheat. Hed be like she gave me a ride home and accidentally slipped on my dick.

• @HulkkSmash haha I know man, it sounds shifty. But my boyfriend wouldn't even do that, and if it was it would of been an old lady he works with

• If you can't handle your partner being in an enclosed area for a short time with the opposite sex, either they aren't trustworthy, or you are too insecure to be ready for a relationship.

• A ride home? Yeah i wouldn't care. If you can't trust a ride home, you should reevaluate the relationship.

• No, it's just a ride and they wouldn't be my SO if I didn't trust them.

• Only if she's pretty lol

• There has to be some sort of trust somewhere. Are committed homosexuals only allowed to have friends of the opposite sex? What about bisexuals? Are they only allowed to be around significant other and family? Strait people have it backwards and have become devoted to a life of skepticism and distrust.

• He wouldn't really take the offer if he had other ways of getting home.
    So if he did take it , then I would be alright with it.

• I would have no problem with it and anyone who would dislike it has serious trust and confidence issues.

• I would be a super shitty person if I make my boyfriend wait in the rain so as he doesn't get in the same car as a female.

• I wouldn't if it's due to him being stranded some where and I can't go and get him myself.

• Why would I dislike that?

• No, it's only a ride home.

• I wouldn't care.

• As long as they don't go beyond friendly, i'm fine with it

• Im single but I feel like most taken women on here would not like it if the girl was pretty

• My boyfriend has several friends and coworkers who I think are pretty.

They're just people.

• *That person should get a grip.

• Depends on who it was

• Oh that would make my blood boil.

But I would keep my fury inside.

• depends on the person

• It isn't an issue if you trust ur significant other

• More from Girls
    11