Have you ever had sleep paralysis?

I'm currently trying to deal with it but it's extremely frightening. If you've experienced ut what was it like and how did you cope?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah once, It's messed up... you wake up before your body and can't move or scream... after a nightmare omg... it was only for a few seconds though..

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had sleep paralysis too many times to count. Sometimes it'd feel like I would get it every night. It's really scary and I feel so trapped and helpless. The only thing that prevents me from getting it is sleeping on my stomach, for some reason that gets rid of it, but only if I'm in that position. I don't get it as much as I used to, for that reason alone. Sometimes when I'm sleeping during the daytime I'll get it and my eyes will be open and I'll start to see dark figures around me, kinda out of the corner of my eyes.

What Guys Said 13

• I'm the complete opposite.

I actually WANT to experience sleep paralysis. I'm a big fan of all things scary/horror related and always wanted to experience these supposed dark shadows that stand over your body while paralyzed.

Sadly, I've managed to experience sleep paralysis exactly once and I experienced nothing scary or even interesting.

I have read that sleep paralysis is much more common in people that regularly fall asleep on their backs. I... can't do that. I pretty exclusively fall asleep laying on my side or on my stomach.

Honestly it was the scariest thing I've ever experienced there was a demonic gargoyle sitting on my chest choking me saying die bitch die I woke up but couldn't move and thought I was screaming for my roommate to come shake me to wake me up but I was just awake in my sleep thinking it was real life when I finally woke up I sprung out of bed gasping for air. The second time I thought I was in a hotel room on my honeymoon and my husband was in the bathroom with the door locked I thought he was going to jump out the window but he came out and started choking me I thought I woke up on my bedroom floor yelling for my roommate again trying to crawl back into my bed but something was pushing me again I woke up gasping for air

• Frequently. it was only frightening when i didn't know what it was. Trying to scream or shout, but only able to make this urgent whispering noise, unable to move, was very scary.

Now, it doesn't bother me.

• Try sleeping on your sides. Sleeping on your back is just begging for sleep paralysis to happen.

• I'm not quite sure if I've had it, but I've experienced two things that freaked me out.

Years ago, I was sleeping, and woke up with a feeling like something was sitting on my chest, and I couldn't sit up or push it off. My comforter was pulled up in a way that I couldn't see the room, only the ceiling. Finally, I was able to sit up, and there was nothing there.

In my current apartment, I was awakened by the feeling of my sheets being pulled off from the foot of the bed. I couldn't move or sit up, and when I finally could, my sheets were where they should have been...

• When i was younger, back in kindergarten i used to have it nightly coupled with night terrors and some really horrid dreams to boot, thankfully the night terrors and nightmares and sleep paralysis eased as i got older

• Hahahahaa ur replies were funny but what i read on the internet said that it wasn't any demonic being trying to suffocate u and pinned u down. It says that it was all in ur brain for some reason but some people report seeing abnormal things which i can't tell which is the real deal 🤔
    If its really some demonic beings, u should call in a priest or the ghost buster team to send the demonic beings back home 🤓

• Yea i just fight through it til i wake up and scream loud so i know im awoke and out of it i hate getting that shit

• It must be terrifying. Go to a psychiatrist who specialises in sleep disorders.

Yeah I have an appointment with my psychiatrist but it's not til the 13th :( I think it may be the fact that I'm a hard core alcoholic and tried quitting cold turkey for a few days. Last night I took some trazadone and it helped because it put me in a deep sleep almost instantly there wasn't that slow incline to sleep when it usually happens. I still had intense dreams about aliens and house parties. One of my friends said I might have been raped by an alien. I thought he was joking but looked it up and it's creepy shit.

There may be aliens, but they're not going around raping humans any more than people are going around raping spiders. Take some multivitamins as soon as you can along with a b complex vitamin, and see if you can get your appointment moved up.

Good idea. I have some b12 and a multivitamin

• yeah i had when i was a kid

• I get it from time to time. Usually when I'm extremely tired and won out. I've found that masturbating before bed helps.

• What do you fear it could happen?

• No never had it. Once I couldn't move my arm to turn off the alarm but that's it. I don't talk or walk in my sleep either like all my siblings

• yes one time I had sleep paralysis and a old lady came in my room and ate my booty. What makes it worse is I couldnt move. i was just stuck there.

What Girls Said 6

• No, never - at least not that I'd remember but I have the RLS so I often wake up with sore limps or fall out of the bed at night if that counts :P

• Yeah, I get it from time to time, but it's not too serious. It's just a something that you have to let wear off.

• I had it couple of times.
    Don't sleep on your back and you won't have it.

• Yes it occurs when a person lacks sleep or has bad nutrition

• Yes, it was pretty scary. I had it a few times when I was younger, but not for a few years now.
    I did train myself not to panic though.

• Yes, it's horrible. There was a period in which sleep paralysis happened to me quite often. I was terrified of it. It was like being paralysed in my own body, or more accurately it was like my body was sleeping and refusing to wake up, but my mind was wide-awake. I never saw anything weird or abnormal during it, but once I heard a voice whispering my name.