Is it bad to not be very forgiving?

I've had that attitude since I was a 14 year-old freshman in HS (now I'm 29). I didn't even give a former crush a 2nd chance when he was a jerk once and tried getting me to like him again.

I was very forgiving before but it got others to take advantage of me more during my middle school years. It even led to a 5 day suspension once for believing someone would be my friend if I stole a graphic CD package.

Towards the ending of 8th grade, I've by then hardened and if someone screwed up, that was it for me. No second chances given.

What Guys Said 2

• I mean it can be good and bad. Some people are more forgiving than others so you are one who is not and it has to do with those past experiences.

Yes and 7th grade was the worst school years ever. 8th grade was mediocre and I still had to deal with a couple jerks.

I guess when I got hardened in HS, that was my way of telling myself that I had enough of getting taken advantage of, being made the laughing stock of the class and still being nice to classmates that didn't deserve it at all.

Interesting how a couple bad experiences even as a 12-14 year-old forms part of your permanent personality.

Yeah it's true when they say that kids soak things up like sponges and when you learn that at a young age it leaves an impression

• Take a scale and weigh in with your pride on one side and the potential of better socialisation on the other. Choose whichever you think is heavier.

What Girls Said 0