How would you adapt from lying on a beach in Galle for the last 10 days to now arriving back in freezing cold Melbourne :)?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ahh it's not that cold, we've had worse while you've been gone ha. But I hear a jacket works wonders.
    You know Melbourne, layer up. It'll be hot in an hour ;)

hello fellow Australian <3

I am just being a 'Princess', got off the plane and left Tullamarine at 1030pm last night wearing shorts, tshirt and the sunburnt look seeing my Irish skin never tans

and thought, wooaah, no longer in 30+ Sri Lanka :p

Why thank you.

my pleasure

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure why this is a problem. 10 days do not change what you are used to over all. It just means you had some good weather that you enjoyed. Put on a jacket when your in the cold weather. I'm not being flippant or rude, just saying what I think.

What Girls Said 2

• Wear more clothes.

• Melbourne is freezing? Really whats the temp?

What Guys Said 9

• Come back from a beach in Barbados (30C) to find your car frozen to the driveway in Canada (-30C).

This year we left bare trees and brown grass to go to Cuba in April, and came back to find the trees and grass in full bloom.

I did similar came from New York where it was about freezing to Melbourne where on arrival it was 41C

• Uh... how cold can it get in Melbourne?

not very ( keep in mind I have been in -60 in Fort McMurray at the top of Canada watching the lights )

But 35 celsius in Galle to 5 celsius on landing at Tullamarine a few hours back :)

Yeah, but could I really see everything worth seeing in like 10 days in both cities, counting the travel time between the two? ;)

hour by plane between the two

• You are just torturing yourself now.

• Create a fake beach inside a really big house with heaters and fake sun lighting..

• Blue balls... 😊

Asker... I couldn't resist.. How cold are we talking ?

you should rest then my friend

Asker I've got to pick someone up soon st the airport so I got to stay up 😊

• I just looked up melbournes temp,
    At one am its 50 F and a high of 62 F
    Here in New England Freezing cold is anywhere from 20 to -8 degrees
    I remember one time this past winter where I woke up, asked my dad what the weather was like, IT WAS NEGATIVE 8 DEGREES F. The high was only like six or seven.
    So as a new englander, I just have to tell you to suck it up and weather pants, and shirt and jacket

Yeah, but when you don't expect it and think it's like 85 all year... Then it's a problem... Even worse in New Zealand 😭

It was at that moment that 14 year old me knew... I fucked up 😂

• Just wear warmer clothes until my body acclimates to the colder temperatures again.

• Miserably

• It's a state of mind. Remember the beach & think "I'll go back" or "summers coming" Even if it's a long way off.