Girls, how do you feel about White Knights?

I have often been called one, and I'm pretty sure always by guys.
I'm wondering what women typically think of a man who does the kinds of things that gets him called that. Do you think being one is good, or bad?

3mo And by the way, even though I'm called a white knight for defending girls, I defend guys too. Anyone who doesn't seem mean. I'm simply not insulted for defending guys.
3mo For those of you unfamiliar with the term, check out...
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php
And perhaps the question should have been what you think of the term rather than people who fit the description...

20

Most Helpful Girl

• They rock!

Thanks. I like being nice to people, and hate when I'm insulted for doing so.

people that insult others for being nice are just miserable with something they're unhappy with in their life.

I married my husband because he is literally the NICEST man I've ever met! Stay nice! :)

What Girls Said 19

• I have some at my school. I never thought I'd be annoyed by it, but thing is, they're ONLY defending girls and they're complimenting them in an over the top way. In other words, they're just flirting it in a very obvious way. You, on the other hand, based on your description, you're just being a nice person that defends anyone who needs it. We could definitely use more of those.

I am not a fan of people who act a certain way to benefit themselves, get something they want, or come across a certain way. This is what I see often at my school, and this to me is what it means to be a white knight.

Don't get me wrong though, I like chivalry and stuff, I'm not one of those girls who gets mad if a guy defends her. Just be equal about it, and don't defend something you don't believe. If it's a physical situation, you should help whoever is in harm's way.

• Most often, that term applies to people who always defend those they are loyal to, even when those they defend are in fact wrong. I am against such people for one main reason: They encourage stupidity and childishness in people who would stir drama and then hide behind these white knights.

Source? I used to be like that. I had a "damsel in distress" fetish, and I would intentionally put myself into danger by pissing people off just to experience being saved.

I wouldn't have grown the hell up and changed if were not for people catching on, and ending friendships with me.

• There's nothing wrong with being a "white knight," although i can definitely see how one could go overboard with it.
    Those guys who call you out on it, they're simply doing it because they're jealous that you might be getting more female attention than they are.

• I think it's stupid. Clearly, a guy cannot agree with a girl unless he wants to have sex with her.

You're saying it's impossible for men to truly respect women? That being kind is nothing but deception and bribery?
      And did you read the update? I defend men just as much, and for the same reason!

Sorry if my comment was hard to understand. I meant that sarcastically :P Like that's the belief of people who use the term "white knight": that guys cannot agree with girls unless they have an ulterior motive. I don't believe that myself.

People using sarcasm need to say so just before/after using it. Simply type something like "(sarcasm)" or "(I was being sarcastic)", and it will be easily clear.

• I am not familiar with the term either

There's an urban dictionary. Search there. http://www.urbandictionary.com

backing someone in something you believe in is a good thing as long as you dont do it expecting a reward. I will always back a good opinion too and my motives are always transparent. Good on you :)

Thanks. Guys who do it simply expecting rewards from girls should be called Black Knights. lol That's not me at all!

• They're cool. I would like more guys to be a little white knightish. I can handle things on my own, but it's always nice to have some back up.

• It depends. Some assholes call other people white knights just because the guy didn't agree with their misogyny. Other guys are actual white knights.

A lot of guys are just fine.

But I'm annoyed by most white knights. I can do stuff on my own, thank you. It's kind of gross that they think women always need to be saved from something.

And a lot of the time, they're cucks. Just sayin'

• Its not a bad thing, there's not many of those where I come from. Not around my age group anyway. They're like gold dust. Lol.

• it's a good thing, but honestly, I don't think he's always needed, I can do things by myself too

I never do that sort of thing seeing someone in helpless distress. I do it just to be kind. (And again, for both genders.)

if that's so, it's great. it's quite a common sense

• So it's a guy who defends a woman and respect s her? I say that's cool then, as long as he's not doing it just to score.

Everyone who calls someone that seems to think it's for score or something. However, I believe people called white knights are not doing so. Certainly not me, personally!

• Wtf is a white knight... either its some lame shit or its some perverted shit

Something like a guy defending a woman in a conversation who's assumed to be doing it with lack of actual respect for her. (emphasis on assumed)

• They're annoying.

• I like them usually

• Yeah it is good but I wouldn't like to hear people saying that every time around me

• I assume you mean the motel chain. The maid service is terrible

• I never met one before

It's basically referring to guys who stick up for girls and are assumed to be doing so for game rather than actual respect. (Emphasis on assumed. Most people called white knights truly do respect them, are simply being kind.)

• I like them, they are very polite guys.

• I thought you meant like the KKK😅

I've no idea what KKK even is! lol 😅
      So do you know what I'm talking about now? What do you think of "white knights", and of me personally in the matter as stated in the update?

@pooper89 I'd rather you didn't insult me. Unless you want to tell me what it is, I'm going to have to ask you to back off. 😐

It's a white supremacist group. Their signaturen is a burning cross

• They're usually just not sexist and sexist guys think those guys aren't as manly because they're not sexist like he is

See update, plz? 🙂

Yea, same thing really. Ok maybe I could have swapped sexist for prejudice instead. But yea, it's usually just a decent guy who horrible guys think is less manly. It's similar to when somebody gets called out on their racism but they instead insult the person who called them out and pretend everybody else is the problem and it could never be them.

I wouldn't let it get to you if I were you.

Thanks.