Will you continue to eat beef after knowing the harm cattle farming causes to our environment?

Just a little info about why to cut out cattle products

Live stock sector ( cattle ) produces more greenhouses gases than the transport sector.

A warming ocean could make us all suffocate by the death of plankton

3mo seems like no one is really getting my point of view. I'm not trying to protest against animal abuse. Just saying a simple change in diet will result in less cows. I know we can't stop using cars. However I'm sure you can eat other animals such as chicken and pigs. Less cows, less methane produced by cows, less greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.

The more greenhouse gases, the higher the temperature of the globe, the faster our oceans die and most of our oxygen producers do too.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes yes yes. So many reasons to not support factory farming.

Most Helpful Guy

• I will admit that although I haven't quit beef completely, I have started eating it a lot less ever since I found out about the ecological impact of bovine cattle.

What Girls Said 11

• I've not eaten beef for years - in fact, not any meat at all. Mostly for health reasons and to decrease animal cruelty - but it's great to see there's so many more benefits.

• Yep. Almosy every industry is bad for the planet. We all know that people won't stop eating beef, so why not figure out a way to make consuming it less harmful on the environment. Seems better than the at your throats vegan vs meat eater fued

• I hate bacon.. I don't know why, it just doesn't really taste like anything except fat.

• Yep I would

• Everybody's got something to complain about. This is just another one of them

• I have no intention of giving up hamburgers and steak.

• And you don't think pigs produce methane gas.

• I've already read up on the harm and animal abuse can be unreal... but I still eat it.

• I don't eat them to begin with.

• I don't eat beef anyway and I never will.

• Beef is the best meat out of all, so id still eat it regardless. And I dont think it will do any harm, just like the mad cow disease. Its been years ago since the mad cow disease was discovered and at this time of people are still eating beef w no harm.

What Guys Said 14

• I will eat beef until I die. If you believe the cows are causing global warming, you are listening to the wrong people. There are billions of farting animals all over the world. Why not get rid of them too? They sure fart much more than the beef and dairy cattle. The world has been fluctuating since the beginning. These same "I'm going to save the world" people were warning the world 44 years ago that an ice age was coming. I must have missed it because I never noticed it. They say the Arctic is losing it's ice because of global warming. They don't tell you the Antarctic is growing at the same time. That would defeat their agenda. They will lie about whatever to push what they want. Satellite data proves what I'm saying. Hell, here in America where the constitution gives us the guarantee of free speech, yet these global warning people want to take away the freedom of speech for those that know better. Freedom of speech is okay for them, but not those who oppose them. That right there tells you they are wrong. One more thing, they don't say the oceans are going to die. They say the oceans are going to rise and cause major flooding all over the world. It's that ice that is melting in the Arctic. That is why they don't tell you the Antarctic is growing. It would be telling the truth that shows they are not doing so. The bottom line is that warming and cooling are cycles that the earth goes through. It happened way before there were cars, industry and beef and dairy farms.

• Carbon dioxide is plant food. Grass takes in carbon dioxide, traps the carbon and releases oxygen. Cattle eat the grass which causes the grass to grow more and trap more carbon. The cattle become food for humans (as well as other animals). So there needs to be more cattle to make up the loss. and so it goes.

Methane is poisonous to Humans but is also a pre-cursor of life. Without it, this planet would have extreme difficulting creating new species. This planet has been creating and annihilating species for 4,000,000,000 years and it's not going to stop now.

I think it is a measure of the arrogance of Humans to think we have special relevance or that we have the power to counteract this planet.

your first point is correct, but that pertains to cattle in the wild where they have the ability to migrate to give time for the grass to grow. Industrial farming is when high density of cattle are stuck in one area, leaving a wasteland beneath them.

2nd point you make is very valid but we can't lose plankton, it produces over half of our oxygen.

• Yup lol, this news is nothing new I've known about how they make beef, hotdogs all that stuff for a long time, even helped out on a cattle farm. I'm not gonna stop eating beef, chicken, fish, or anything else still gonna continue eating meat, hunting, fishing, and gardening, harvesting fruits and vegetables.

You don't see me not consuming bread even though most if not all wheat/grain farmers suffer from cancer or other horrible sicknesses because the groundwater is poisoned and toxic due to the stuff they put on crops to make em disease resistant and bug free.

Life goes on, there is a price to pay for everything and someone's gotta pay it, either him, her me or you or the animal, etc.

I think you missed the point.

ohh, well it doesn't matter which ice sea is melting or not melting. The world's climate overall is getting warmer.

Well it does make a difference actually but it doesn't matter in the long run, we'll be gone before the worst happens.

• I guess the farmers should just find out about the best ratio of CO2 and meat, then I'd still eat it as much as before.

• you should look up what soy bean farming does to the environment. it's apparently in our nature to not give a shit about the environment, when it comes to making profit. doesn't really matter what we choose to eat. the industry behind whatever we eat will keep fucking up the environment.

• Already stopped. Dont miss it one bit

• Yes.

• Although it's bad for the environment compared to eating solely crops, I won't take it out of my diet

• Yes I would. Funny scientists.

• Would you continue to drive cars knowing that it damages the environment?

no, but we can live without beef much easier than without transportation

A bicycle works just fine if you ask me.

I do bike a lot :) if things are under 5 km.. But you try moving construction materials like lumber, drywall, multiple steel tools, etc on a bike haha.

• I don't care about the environment and I like a nice medium steak with thick chunk chips and some pepper corn sauce.

• I'm a vegetarian.

• Hmmmmm... yup

• Yup. I'm not giving it up, I love a good hamburger.