Are you insecure about your height?

I'm 6'5", and my height made me somewhat self-conscious in high school. People always told me to join the basketball team, but I didn't want to; so I felt like people thought that I wasn't reaching my full potential because of it, though I didn't desire any shorter height.

I made jokes about my short friends' heights in high school, which I didn't mean anything by. I thought "It's just the way that they are, they can't help it - so why would they be insecure about it?" I didn't like making fun of anyone's weight, looks nor intellect, and I didn't think that shorter people could be insecure about themselves like I could since people told me to play basketball all the time. Now I'm ashamed of making jokes about my short friends' heights.

• No, I'm not insecure about being me (I'm tall).
  • No, I'm not insecure about being me (I'm average).
  • No, I'm not insecure about being me (I'm short).
  • Yes, I'm insecure about my height (I'm short).
  • Yes, I'm insecure about my height (I'm average).
  • Yes, I'm insecure about my height (I'm tall).
  • Results.

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont know, maybe im weird, but i love being on the short side. Im 5"3 and in my country almost everyone is taller, especially the guys, and I love pointing out how short I am and them playfully teasing me

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I am. I'm 6'9.5" and I was bullied all throughout high school for being too tall. I was rejected by girls for being too tall. People give me the weirdest looks when I walk out of my house. I hate how I fit nowhere. It makes me wish I was shorter but there really is nothing I can do about it. It just gives me an edge in basketball. I feel like average people are the least likely to be insecure about height. It would be ridiculous if they are though. A very tall guy saying that he has never been insecure about his height is lying to himself or is lying on the internet.

What Girls Said 12

• I am 5'0. That is pretty average for an Asian, but not in western countries. I have gotten to like my height, because in the end its my height and I can't change it.

• Nah, it's annoying being 5'2 at times but it's not something that I'm embarrassed or insecure about.

• In my country I'm on the taller side (I can relate to your basketball story), but worldwide I'm average. Sometimes I have when I wish I was a little bit taller, but otherwise I'm content with my height.

• I'm an average 5'6 and I like it. I'm not short and I'm not tall.

• I'm 5' 7" and also okay with it.
    just to hard to find bigger size of shoes in Asian countries, so I need to spend more on shoes

• Umm sometimes... like when I go shopping and all the tops fit like crop tops!😐

Whoah! :D

Haha aw; well for what it's worth, I don't think anybody is weirder or less desirable for being short or tall. You are more than fine as you are. ^_^

@nfigure Lol thanks Tbh being tall doesn't bother me I'm actually proud of it... I'm the youngest but tallest sister and I was a premature baby

• At 5' 8" I'm fine.

• I am five nine and okay with it.

• I wouldn't say I'm insecure about my height, but I've always kind of wanted to be taller. I'm 5'5".

• I'm only 5'6 & I wish I was taller 😐

• I especially hate it when my "taller" friends use the top of my head as an arm rest

• Height has very little releveance to me.

What Guys Said 12

• I'm 5'11" (180cm)

And I definitely wish I was taller, mostly because I like the idea of it.
    But I'm glad I'm not any short, I suppose.

• Why u feel insecured, are u weak or smt? Lol, there are guys like 5.4 or even smaller but they are confident AF and get tons of chicks. I love my height anyways, its not short and not tall but above average ( 1.81 cm ) and I am not insecured.

• nope im not insecure about my height

• Im 5'4 and I've never seen it as an obstacle. Im happy for everything i have in my life, even if its very little.

• I feel I'm about average. Maybe a tad short, but not enough to bother me.

• I'm 181cm so I'm content

• Im 6'2 i can't complain

• I'm 6'3 and happy with my height.

• I'm insecure about my height

• I'm 5'5 and I am more than happy with my height. If other people have an problem with it then frankly they can go and fuck themselves.

• Nothing to be insecure about at 6'4".

• I'm 17 and 5'3... What gets to me is when girls say a guy has to be taller than her. Fml