I'm 6'5", and my height made me somewhat self-conscious in high school. People always told me to join the basketball team, but I didn't want to; so I felt like people thought that I wasn't reaching my full potential because of it, though I didn't desire any shorter height.
I made jokes about my short friends' heights in high school, which I didn't mean anything by. I thought "It's just the way that they are, they can't help it - so why would they be insecure about it?" I didn't like making fun of anyone's weight, looks nor intellect, and I didn't think that shorter people could be insecure about themselves like I could since people told me to play basketball all the time. Now I'm ashamed of making jokes about my short friends' heights.
- No, I'm not insecure about being me (I'm tall).15%(4)23%(12)Vote30%(8)
- No, I'm not insecure about being me (I'm average).27%(7)28%(15)Vote30%(8)
- No, I'm not insecure about being me (I'm short).27%(7)17%(9)Vote7%(2)
- Yes, I'm insecure about my height (I'm short).12%(3)13%(7)Vote15%(4)
- Yes, I'm insecure about my height (I'm average).8%(2)6%(3)Vote4%(1)
- Yes, I'm insecure about my height (I'm tall).8%(2)8%(4)Vote7%(2)
Most Helpful Girl
I dont know, maybe im weird, but i love being on the short side. Im 5"3 and in my country almost everyone is taller, especially the guys, and I love pointing out how short I am and them playfully teasing me0
Most Helpful Guy
Yes I am. I'm 6'9.5" and I was bullied all throughout high school for being too tall. I was rejected by girls for being too tall. People give me the weirdest looks when I walk out of my house. I hate how I fit nowhere. It makes me wish I was shorter but there really is nothing I can do about it. It just gives me an edge in basketball. I feel like average people are the least likely to be insecure about height. It would be ridiculous if they are though. A very tall guy saying that he has never been insecure about his height is lying to himself or is lying on the internet.0