What's your views on India?

Simply wanna know what you people think about Indian food, dressing, girls n boys, relationships, culture, mindset etc etc.. any thing.. well well I know Indian food is spicy.. that's a. Common one.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really have an opinion, never had Indian food, doesn't exist were I live ( no restaurants or anything ) and I've seen a total of 4-5 Indian people my entire life.

All I can say based on my own research is

Hinduism and Buddhism are the main religions of your country and you have more gods then I'll ever be able to name off in my life time lol..

Food is spicy, probably about as close as we'll get to eating molten lava.

Interesting culture and festivals like Holi.

You have had a few noteworthy people in your nation who truly strove for peace and prosper and to genuinely help others like Mahatma Gandhi and others who were quite bloody, violent people but later decided to turn away from violence like Ashoka the Great.

Indians quite literally wrote the book of love/sex most of the positions, techniques sexually related were probably taken from the book or created by your culture.

Male dominated society.

You have a lot and I mean a lot of haunted ruins, crypts and the like scattered throughout the jungles forgetting or in or near major cities or smaller towns.

Beyond that I could not say.

Most Helpful Girl

• Firstly i love the food... like i can survive on Indian food and be content for life

I really like indian culture, like the festivals and fireworks.

My only biggest problem with India, from what i see in the news... is that men and women seem to like not be very respectful to each other. I feel sad that a country with great history has this hatred for men and women and there seems to be little cooperation to work together to help each other.

Also i think that most Indian people i know are only focused on academics rather than other aspects of life and in my opinion far too competitive which takes away more beautiful parts of life

I think it's good that they are competitive considering the kids there usually achieve a lot and they benefit from it in the long run. I personally think we need this in the west to improve education here.

I agree with you but kids these days need to push their kids far, they are way too soft on them and it's affecting their education. Yes, it's harsh but it will benefit your kids in the long run and they will always be grateful for that.

#NeutralMale I guess that depends on where you are in the world. In India, they push the kids to the extreme, bt like in the States... parents are too relaxed. So it depends

What Guys Said 25

• Multiple cultures, originally a land of migrants - explains the varied cultures; begins 70k years ago, why even the land itself is a migrant - crashed into Asia about 700k years ago thus creating the Himalayas.

The basic culture is lost thanks to the multiple migrations then later invasions then colonisation etc

India struggles with its identity but never bothers with talking about its original identity which is pristine & practical.

Good & bad exists everywhere.

Why even the home of the brave & land of the free became the greatest country of this era after wiping out the native inhabitants. So no one has the right to judge & talk about another

• Indian Food is different, and different is scary

Dressing is interesting. Usually it's just a mishmash of whatever cheap clothes. But whenever you get that fashionable person it's like this out of time cool dress shirt and specific jeans or a woman with something something. I don't think I've seen too many indian ladies.

Girls look cute, boys look normalish, I've known a couple of dope indian guys that studied abroad

Relationships? Indian relationships? Like arranged marriages? I don't know

Culture? I dont really know too much. Probably a bit less lenient on feminism and stuff like that, that's just what I've grasped from most conversations and tv related stuff.

Mindset I feel is western, at least for abroad students. Nobody really wants a deadbeat career anymore, just feels like a waste of time in the long run. I mean we still all force ourselves but, in exchange for what? A car, a house, vacations, eugh, just hang me now

• since im a pakistani, i dont hate indian people, some of indian people are very kind and generous. some people in pakistan and india may hate each other but some people of pakistan and india love each other. i never ate indian food but really want to someday, i head very much about indian food and that its pretty awesome. even thinking of indian food makes me hungry

• hmm... pretty neutral about it. honestly, it's such a huge country and you hear all the time about it, but I don't know that much about it so I don't really wanna write too much about it which might not be very representative of the country in the end

• India is a very interesting and mystical country, I love Indian mythology, and Indian food.

• I love most types of Indian food, and I think the TRADITIONAL women's clothes make women look gorgeous. Other than that, and the fact that the girls and the writing is beautiful, I'm clueless.

• I sure they are nice - I have met a few IT consultants from India and thought they were very friendly.

• I know many nice Indians, but there are also several issues in Indian cultures, for example the misuse of abortions here in Canada in order to assure a male first child. Or Child Marriages are a major issue. Curries are delicious, and a Punjab friend of mine once gave me some Punjabi food, and it was quite delicious. So basically there are many things I like about India, and Indian culture, but I also have some issue with certain aspects of the culture.

I totally agree.. issues are there in some of the areas coz of that old mindset and it is improving actually.. but yea.. food is yumm!!

Yea, hopefully your generation will mostly do away with the negative aspects of the culture. Sadly, older people can tend to be set in their ways.

• I am talking to the sweetest girl from India right here on gag.

Ha! That's something

Then I'll say all the best with her!!

Thank you

• Great tech support.

• They're crazy about cricket.

• Indian food is great (I like spicy and Bhatura is bae), but I don't agree with a lot of indian culture - especially the caste system is plain aweful.

Religion-wise I am not too fond of hinduism and also buddhism has a better reputation than it should. Sikhism I find personally fairly interesting.

Well Hinduism and Buddhism are good but is spoiled because of Hippocrates and dishonest people!

Well m Hindu.. so yea I don't know about Buddhism.. and personally I don't believe in any religion.. fasting for happy and healthy life! How could anyone be healthy without having food.. and this is all about most of the Indian religion.. no I don't believe

Well, I dont think any religion is right or wrong. I think they are all different paths towards the same aim. This also means they aren't absolutes - except for the key rules such as don't kill anyone, love your next. Instead I think most aspects are metaphoric or anecdotal. Or simply useful things to do.

For example fasting is heplful to be more thankful for what you have as well as helping your digestion to "reset".

• Umm
    Nothing much tbh
    I'm Indian :P

• Indian Food : Spicy.
    Culture : male dominant, religious? Not sure
    Girls : I don't know..
    Guys : seem to be obsessed with white females.
    Relationships : not sure..
    Mindset : strict on rules, respectful of elder.

Okay.. in your style
      Indian Food: yeah it's spicy
      Culture: yes it is male dominant.. (but now it's actually impr

.. improving.. it used to be) and yea religious
      Guys: no not all.. very few
      Mindset: yup you are right.. but youth is careless!

• too spicy food
    the only indian person I met was nice

• i think india has a super fucked up social structure and is super misogynist.

girls from there that i got to know were always lovely and guys were mostly "ok" but lots of them were kind of creepy/strange (sexualbehavior and general attitude towards women).

food is very spicy xD i can´t handle that much sice but if it´s a mild form, i like it.

Lol.. okay.. there are some irritating people.. even I hate them..

yup @genericname85 is right!! TR thats what I m saying!! @AnilKumar

• im a punjabi guy living i london. I love going to India and dubai, wish i could go more often

• Lots of good people from there.

• I love Curry Chicken im Chinese.

• Do a search if you're really curious. This question has been asked hundreds of times. by the way you shouldn't really be concerned.

• Can't really see it from the balcony, so no views, really.

• The women are not attractive, and the men are desperate creeps.

Ha! Not all actually!! Nooo! There are some.. but not all.. obviously

Tu konsa bahar ja k aai hai do you know how other countries guys are like they are same like in our country. This guy is also creap. Every guy is greep. even I am too

look you have proved!! I think you were the one who was desperate to start a conversation!! on personal messages! tameez se Baat karo Mai bhi badtameez ho Sakti hu

• I like indian girls.

• A lot of Indians seem to praise white Europeans and love lighter skin color while hate on black Africans and look down upon darker skin color.

• A sleeping economic powerhouse that is slowly starting to awaken from its slumber. The world needs a new superpower and India fits the bill nicely.

What Girls Said 10

• I love Madras Curry & Naan and I think Hinduism is very interesting but I really really despise the caste system, it's so outdated and flawed.

now it's not update.. and caste system is negligible.. (except in some villages)

• I love it!
    It is similar to my native culture, so it's easy for me to feel familiar and connect with the traditions, and etc.

I am planning to go there next year. <3

• I like India, especially Indian architecture and music.

• Love the clothing and it's a beautiful country that I'd like to visit.

• India --> Bollywood! and I love Poori and Thosai

• I like food , sari 😍 and the culture is interesting

• Bollywood

• Indians are ugly. Food is good.

• Im going to be honest right now;
    -I'm not going to generalise but in the past 6 months I've had at least 8 different indian guys trying to hit me up via facebook- most guys seem to be desperate
    -the culture is too old school, even for those living out of the country the parents still must fully approve of the husband for the daughter- and he must be of certain indian decent (north or south)
    -i dislike indian food- all sorts, types, personally i can't stand it
    as for the general population- out of all the indians i know, i only get along with one but she can be very manipulative, the others are very stuck up.
    But this is my experience- maybe I've just had bad ones,

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more