Why are girls so self-absorbed?

I always hear about girls talking of things they want and things they desire, and honestly I really don't understand this concept of reality they have. It seems as if girls only think about themselves, and in the few instances they do think of others, it's to their own advantage. Sad, really? So girls, why this behavior?

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't speak for other people. But I do know that I rarely think of myself... except when I'm talking to specific people. But I feel like because we live in a material world it is easy for people of both genders to get lost in the "I want" loop. It's frustrating but it is the way society is becoming. People are thinking more about themselves and less about the people around them. I hate it, but what can we do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls constantly have their egos boosted, from parents with that princess shit, from teachers having their curriculum catered more to the learning styles of girls, to guys trying SO DAMN HARD to suck up to literally any woman out of desperation to get his dick wet.

What Girls Said 6

• This is not a girl problem, this is a human problem.
    Both men and women (not all people, but people in general from both sides of genders) struggle with this.

• Because the only ones who matter are us, duh.

Yas, the low life scum men and white knights worship only the pussy because the penis is evil! EEEVIIIL!
      http://i.imgur.com/Dqd2Lm9.jpg

that's not even funny

@regularjack I understand if that kind of joke is not "your cup of tea" or maybe you are seriously concerned about the males in society but I for one have let it all go and just go about my days and have fun because I can. I will just keep in touch with people, that make me feel at least good and avoid all negative and bitter people, who hate anything and make stereotypes out of experience.

• nope! guys also are self absorbed

• See, there are things i want in life but they aren't objects. Im more of a goal achiever then a possession grabber. I would rather achieve something on my own then getting something given to me without any effort or just because. If i earn it, it means so much more.

• It's called personal preferences. Men have them too

• For the same reason many guys are self absorbed.

What Guys Said 5

• @regularjack
    I see guys behaving the same way.

• To be fair, lots of guys like that

• It's not just girls.
    Guys in the university, that I go in are like that too! They want to take advantage of me to do their work because they are lazy and uninterested as F.

You should beat them up man, or give them some tasteless joke.

I'm not a petty person to pick fights and I'm far better than that. I just give them the cold shoulder and move on with class.

• Why should I be self-absorbed? :P

• Welcome to the world of females. Something us guys will never understand. Its just how they are