Do you remember when you first drank alcohol?

I am in Europe so I can legally drink. Because I skipped the party stage, this is my first time. I first tried hard apple cider. I thought it tasted like the nonalcoholic apple cider that's served around the holidays. But I didn't like the aftertaste. I also tried a dark chocolate mousse with Bailey's Irish cream poured on top. I thought that tasted good.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's very vague memories, but it was when I was 2. My dad and his drinking buddy spoon fed me beer. It happened so often that I'd call him uncle carlsberg.

The guy was cool. I don't remember so much of the details anymore, but he had a rolls and a chauffeur that he would send for us. He died a long time ago though.

Most Helpful Girl

• If the cider is "medium" it will taste like juice only it has an alcohol content. If you get it "dry" it will taste more like booze. Beer and red wine are good as a meat marinade. But Beer is also useful if you're working out after sports for the nutrients in it.

Most liquors do taste good and sweet. You either sip them or cook with them. Creme de Cacao is chocolate liquor, then there is Kahlua (coffee), banana flavored, peppermint schnapps or peach which make some nice cocktails, and a variety of wines. Rum is also nice or cognac which also is similar. While whiskey is nice to cook with it like gin can be an acquired taste.

You can get alcohol free ciders which are usually dry ciders that are sold in grocery stores. Japan makes a few types of grape ciders which are a nice soda pop that does taste like apple or pear cider. I occasionally drink them because I have a few supplements and meds I'm on which don't always mix with alcohol. Growers also makes an apple or peach alcohol free (well it's 0.07%).

Chi chi (pineapple juice, orange juice, coconut milk, and rum) usually is good, so are margaretha's, brown cows (or mudslide which are coffee cream), and several others. You can get little taster sizes from a liquor store to see what something is like. Or you can ask a bartender to try a shot of something or if they can recommend something to a newbie. Many now carry menu's that describe the drink not just its ingredients.

What Guys Said 26

• Yup, I remember!

First weekend in college, my roommate was a big partier and I had a minifridge with a full freezer (awesome for storing hard liquor). He prepartied with some people and said I could have some of his booze.

So my neighbor next door and I took 3 shots each... and were mad drunk! ;-)

• Yeah I was 13 and had a can of Heineken. Didn't like it. Poured half of it down the sink.

Beer like that is an acquired taste.

• Yes. I was in 6th grade and I drank some amaretto that my dad had thrown in the cabinet with all all the spices. It was in some Christmas basket and no one was drinking it so I drank like half the bottle. My second drink was about a half bottle of scotch whiskey about a month later. My dad got ticked off about that. :D Then after that me and some friends started drinking beer, wine, and hard liquor basically every weekend

• Yeah, I was 16 I think when I was offered a beer. Tried it out but in general I don't like alcoholic drinks :o
    I'm always your driver :D

• my friend gave me a can of cider like last year, I haven't had anything since although it is legal for me to consume alcohol when accompanied by an adult.

• It was a Mikes hard lemonade. It kina tasted like soda with a strong fizz, but it was blackberry so it wasn't that great

• Never. And shall not; a matter of policy; quite odd for a Scot and to say in our own dialect; never gotten hoolit ;)

Well, I have seen several friends of mine become slaves to it and personally, I am no better than them when it comes to controlling addiction. Moreover, I have a psychological block, considering, I feel the cause of my breakup was owing to her slavery to the habit.

So yeah, not very helpful to your question, but yeah, just answered.

• First time ever ever ever or really drank? I know one of my uncles let me taste a beer when I was really young and I thought it was gross. I drank enough to feel it for my first time in college at 19.

• It was my 21 birthday, I don't remember the drink name specifically, but i only drank one shot, and it made me light headed and dizzy the whole night😅😅

• yeah. i was like 5 and my grandpa gave me a beer. it was awfull xD i didnĀ“t like it!

• Yea, I had a few beer with a friend's grandparents. Since you're in Europe I suggest some German beer, Port wine, or something else with a lighter flavour to start you out.

• I was at TGI Friday's in Manchester, UK

Blackberry Vodka Martini
    It sure as hell cured my headache!

• I was like 13 or 14 and got drunk the first time. Nowadays pretty much drink no alcohol anymore.

• when my exams got over in 10th grade
    me and some guys had a party
    I was 15 I guess lol

• If you rember the first time you drank you did something wrong! i dont remeber anything that happened.

• I was 12

• Just do diluted grogs. It's hard liquor with random soda in it. Try different sodas until you find something you prefer

• Yeah, it was a few months ago

• I was 6, 7 or 8. My brother was having a party at our house and his friends were drinking. My brother came over to me and said "Drink this." I didn't know it was beer until I tasted it and spit it out.

• It was when I was about 12 or so, my dad let me have a beer. I didn't like it much, these days I gravitate to spiced rum, wine and bourbon.

• No I was like 10

• Yeah i remember my first time, it was when i was 16, all i can remember is that i got wasted the first time i drank.

• I was like 9

• 6 months ago

• I grew up drinking wine, but I never went through the party phase. I've never been hammered either.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 23

• Not really. I know my parents gave me sips of cider and stuff from when I was like six. The first time I had a proper drink to myself that I wanted was at my best friend's 18th birthday party, I think, and it was just shitty WKD :P

• I don't remember it but I do remember being told about it later in life. I was a toddler at a picnic going around and bumming sips of beer. Everyone thought it was both cute and funny to see a toddler bumming sips of beer so everyone was giving me a sip. Didn't take long for me to get drunk, mom said I threw up all over the place.

• Whenever my parents open up wine or beer, they ask me whether I want some too. First time I think it was when I was 14 years old, I like the taste of wine, but I prefer radler in terms of beer.

• I was around my parents, though I don't remember my specific age. They let me take a sip of alcohol.

• I was 3 or 4. I thought it was apple juice but it was actually beer and it tasted terrible

• when I was seven. was curious. drank off the whole bottle.

• I had a sip of beer when I was 11. I hated the taste. I don't drink alcohol because I can't stand the smell.

• No but I did have a drinking problem before I could legally drink.

• i was 15 hard lemonade

• I do indeed. I was 9 and my cousin have me a drink that had alcohol in it.

• Yes... I was fourteen and my sister and her friend pranked me into drinking a whole cup of it.

• Yeah I was 18

• High school with friends

• The first time I took a shot of tequila was in 3rd grade.

• No. So it must have been a good night :)

• I was like 4 and my dad asked me if i wanted a sip of his beer. And i took a sip alright lol

• No, I can't remember when I was that young. Must've been 5-7?

• I was 11ish and I was going to a party with my 16 year old cousin

• I was young and my dad found out. He spanked me hard lol

• I was in high school and was drinking at a party

• I was 12 and I drank wine and vodka and got soo drunk.

• yep. i was 14

• Yes, I was 15 and at a club on New Years. It was awesome! :)