My parents will help me get plastic surgery, but how do I hang in there in the meanwhile?

Ok so, I'm 17 and turning 18 this month. I have a disfigured face, well, not like Joe Merrick's or anything like that, but... my chin is HORRIBLE, and I have weird lips and a weird nose. Some people do make fun of me in school, and I'm not attractive at all at the moment. I talked to my parents aboout it two years ago but they always said '' noooo you're soooooo beautiful don't ever get surgery '', I gave up because they thought I didn't need it. We discussed this topic a few months ago again, I said '' look at my face! You are my parents and think I'm perfect but I'm not. Look at my chin, my lips and my nose! I need surgery! '', it took me a few attempts but they finally gave up.
Fortunately, I have amazing, blue, nice-shaped eyes, and ( chin aside ) an amazing face shape. Fortunately my problems are fixable, so I think I'll be pretty after surgery, but in the meanwhile I have to keep living with this face. It'll take long for my parents to save enough money, because they don't make much. I'm happy they're helping me and I'm grateful, but it's been 4 months and they've only saved 700 euros so far, that means it'll take a few years and I won't get plastic surgery any time soon, but... I'm just ashamed of my face because I basically have three DISFIGURED features and I'm sick and tired. I can't wait to get surgery, I'm sure I'll be pretty because the rest of my face is amazing and my surgeon says the same ( my cousin's best friend is a surgeon ). Help please?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sure your face isn't disfigured. You may strongly hate those features of your body but your not a crash or burn victim or something catastrophic like that. Since you work and shouldn't have as many bills as your parents hopefully your saving most of your money so you can get the survey YOU want. In the meantime try not to worry about it. Life is too short. Go out and enjoy life.

I strongly hate them because they're strongly ugly, it's not a self esteem issue or anything like that, my nose is a small ball, my lips are too small and my chin... well it's weird.

and very crooked too

Most Helpful Girl

• Try getting a job on the side, it doesn't have to be grand, perhaps baby sitting. I want you to know what you are in for though.. that type of surgery is very invasive and incredibly painful not to mention you have to find a suitable surgeon or you could end up more disfigured, dead, or with a serious health problem. This isn't just as simple as getting surgery. You also need to have therapy. You are so hyper concerned with how you look once you get the surgery it's highly likely you'll be more insecure. That's what no one says about plastic surgery. Once you've done it the more you want it.

Thanks for your idea. I should find a job, you're right. Anyways, I don't think I'll end up more disfigured. That type of surgery is every day stuff.

What Guys Said 8

• You will be 18 this month. You are old enough to be working and saving money for your own cosmetic surgery. Pretty sure that after the surgery you will still not be happy and will want more surgery. I think that instead of making your parents pay for your vanity, you should get off your butt and work to earn the money for the surgery yourself.

You don't understand. I don't even think I'm ugly, it's not a self-esteem issue! I'm not blind, basically my nose is crooked and my chin is a mess, that's it.

@Christina_252 if you put it this way... yes, I agree, but they're not imaginary problems created by my low self esteem, if you understand what I mean...

Oh I agree with that its I'm saying its low self esteem that's making you wanna change things about you that you don't like

• Don't worry. No surgery can fix your superficial vanity.

And no counseling can fix your internet trollism.

Hey not disagreeing with you😆, and if you had to pick a post it WOULD admittedly be this one.

Setting aside the fact that we don't know how ugly she really looks, her story makes her out as certainly and negatively affected by what she believes is her bad looks. Plastic surgery may fix both her face and vanity😜

@RedVulcan I used to think I didn't have any friends because I didn't have brown eyes, lol

Most of these teenage self-loathe episodes are just a lolfest

• Weird how nobody male is agreeing with you. I see no problems at all with this, just hang in there until you get enough money. I have a slightly crooked nose and a scar on my forehead that's one zigzag and some red away from being like Harry Potter's, and if I hated the way I looked became of those (I don't) I'd get them changed.

• If you think it can enhance your looks then do it
    You should do whatever makes you confident
    Guys like natural stuff in general
    Oh and you can do any job to save money faster

I don't want to get surgery for the guys, and actually a lot of celebrities are full of surgery but guys like them

I wanna look good for myself. I hate looking in the mirror because of my chin and my nose. I mean, my nose is not just ugly, it's completely crooked, why shouldn't I fix it? I'm against surgery to be honest, I hate it when pretty girls get surgery just to look even better... but my case is different

Hmm
      I'd like to see ya
      But still it's all your choice about plastic surgery

• You're honestly just making something out of nothing yiu are who you are I'm sure your fine just like everyone is probably going to say.

• Oh this goes beyond cosmetic.

• Don't have a pic so can't tell if you're overreacting to your face. Assuming you're not overreacting, and you're actually ugly as hell, you've lived with it until now so a few more years shouldn't be a problem. Don't dwell on it.

• get a job and save that money

What Girls Said 10

• Not sure what help you want. I'm not sending you money.

• you could get a job and save 1000 bucks a month. that'll quicken things up a lot.

• Post a photo? perhaps you have body dysmorphia or something?

No basically my chin is too long, my nose is crooked and short, I don't have body dysmorphia, I actually like my body and my eyes etc. I just hate my chin, my nose and my lips

Sorry to hear that, I know what its like to have something about yourself that you hate and you have to look at everyday knowing there nothing you can do to change it. Fortunately for you, you will eventually be able to afford surgery if you still want to I'm sure. If surgery will make you feel better about yourself then best of luck and I've got my fingers crossed for you :)

• Don't change your face

@Asker
      Don't be rude
      She just gave her opinion

Most of the time it doesn't go wrong, I'm not talking about extreme plastic surgery here but I understand.

Oh okay. Good to know, don't go extreme. If you really want to do it go for it! But stay natural!

• you're going to be paying for it right? Itll be faster if you're working hard too

• I think you're being too hard on yourself, your looks will come just be patient

• Start working then

• Why do all girls want to be gorgeous? Can't someone just want to be normal? I mean #FuckBeautyStandards!

• Ugh I feel you I can't wait til I turn 18(3 more years!!) so I can get a nose job done! I have a ugly button nose, but I desire a small turn up nose and my mum has agreed she will pay for my rhinoplasty as my gift for my 18th birthday! I would say be productive as always which means keep yourself busy at all times, avoid the mirrors, and pray. You are about to be gorgeous!

• you should totally do it you'll feel a lot better about yourself 😊 and don't "hang" get a job so you can help your parents get the money and you don't have to wait so long!