Is Adam and Eve a fake story?

If we know today for a fact that human life started before Adam and Eve, does that mean Adam and Eve being the first humans to exist is a false story?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a story out of a book that's based on tales from a region where most people used to smoke way too much weed around the centuries before christ (and probably anno domini). Coincidence? I think not.

and it wasn't even supposed to be interpreted literally,
      That only started in the 19th century,
      Like a lot of the problems that fundementalists cause can date back to certain movements from the 19th century

@Waffles731 no, actually it started with Flavius Josephus in 170BC who named Europe, Asia and Africa when interpreting the bible after having been the first person to translate it to Latin, after the sons of Noah giving Africa the name of Cham, the "disgrace" of the family, which was then later in the 18th-19th century used as a "justification" for slave trade and colonialism, straight after the logic "the bible said you're inferior so you must be."

His interpretation was called "History of the Jewish war" I believe

Most Helpful Guy

• It's fake of course, I mean, their children would have to... well, you know, that would have been an incest.

Thank you for MHO

What Girls Said 9

• to me it's real

How so to you?

I don't know, haha, since I'm Muslim, I follow the Islamic version, which means no specific date :p

I see lol thats good to know. Thanks for answering. And its interesting they dont have a date but thats a good thing maybe? Lol

• Obviously

• Yeah it's not real.

• Yes it is. I asked a religious person what language adam and eve spoke and they were like 😅

Well how would they know, they simply just read a book amd answer questions

That's the thing, how could adam and eve communicate with god and angels and satan? They weren't intelligent creatures at all. Look how people lived millenias ago, they lived even worse.

• How do we know that?

We know humans existed before the date of Adam and Eve because of Human remains. We have ways to measure to a good approximation the age of those bones

@Callieeee lol. First you assumed im a christian? And honey your spouting your bigotry. Im not even going to read what you wrote because your not worth it. But have a nice day boo boo

Ok yeah, sure😒

• Duh, of course it's fake... it's a biblical fairytale.

• In my opinion everything Bible and Jesus related is fake.

• I think is just fairy tales for adults, but some christians say it's a metaphor

• Of course it's a fake story. It's from the Bible.

What Guys Said 10

• Most of the Bible, if not the entirety of it, is fake.

• Of course it's a fairy tale like any other with lots of incest

• Yes, along with basically the rest of the bible

• How do you know for a fact? Anything science related that is labeled a theory is an educated guess. If it is known for certain, it becomes a scientific law.

Hence: Law of Gravity. Theory of Evolution. Etc.

• No its real i was there. I made this naked chick bite that apple lol god was triggered as fuck haha.

• Dunno, snakes are pretty shifty bastards.

• Bible has many contradictions with modern science man!.

• Obviously. I guess it could be interpreted as a metaphor, but still.

It is SUPPOSED to be not taken literally, that only started in the 19th century

*NOT SUPPOSED to be taken literally that only started in the 19th century

• Yes. It's a creation narrative.

• it depends on who you ask.. if you ask a believer, its real..

if you ask someone who doesn't care about religion, then it is fake