Who is the real winner at cooking?

Is it really us or guys? Chefs have been around for a long time too and most being guys. They knew their way in the kitchen too.

So who's the real winner?

• Women
  • Men

Most Helpful Guy

• There are more men that can cook good, but they will purposely mess it up so the woman will cook all the time because they would rather have a less tasty meal, than have to do it themselves. It's just like shopping when we purposely get the wrong stuff so you won't ask us again. :)

Sorry guys, I let the cat out of the bag here.

Interesting. All those "get back in the kitchen" jokes directed to us when it was really guys that invented several dishes even before either my parents were born.

Yep. We really know how to do laundry too (Though I seriously always fold it sloppy no matter how hard I try) and vacuum more efficiently using a pattern like when we mow the lawn.
      I can also easily solve kids' emotional problems too and make them happy. :)
      BUT, women already suspected all of this didn't they?

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel that men are more likely to experiment, are less afraid of things going wrong and might have a more sensitive palate... women historically had to cook more often as a part of taking care of a household while the man is away... women, mothers, are often multitasking and therefore pay less attention to individual tasks... whenever I see men cooking they are only cooking - not watching the kids, cleaning, whatever (I´d like to stress here, that I do not see them cooking very often and I am not saying that ALL men do this or that).
    Also in cooking shows and competitions men often win over women... at least here :-) So, I voted men...

What Guys Said 11

• I gotta give it to chefs.

• I could be a good cook if I wanted to, but women who cook are sexy.

• There are far more famous male chefs than females.

I know how to cook better than most of my female friends, but some of them are amazing bakers which is something I can't do.

• Me = VERY good cook.

• they are both the same. cooking is something you can learn.

the reason why most chefs are guys has nothing to do with guys being much better at cooking

Agree it's more so the fact that a kitchen environment is very stressful and women tend to not handle stress as well as men in that situation. I could never work in a busy restaurant without crying over dropping a piece of chicken for example.

• I refuse to vote for; it depends on the individual. With the times changing, a good cook (who isn't a professional), is equally likely to be a man or woman. Cooking is something that is learnt from experience and it could either be a man or woman.

• Anyone can cook.

• Men and women are equally great at cooking.

• Men.

• Bobby Flay

• I don't know about Peru, but here in the States, most women can't and don't even bother to cook. If you can't bother to do something you lose by default, so men. Damn shame too, because a woman who is a good cook is sexy as Hell!

in my country, women can usually cook and/or bake... we hardly use some ready made mixes (for cakes), I noticed that is an US speciality. I try to make as much as possible from scratch and I love (d) cooking and I think I am pretty good... but then my boyfriend usually downgrades everything I do, so I kind of lost the enthusiasm I used to have

@Kacik Don't let him get you down! If it's not meant to be with him, it won't be. Just remember there are many, many men out there who would love to have a gorgeous woman who loves to cook and or bake from scratch, myself included!

What Girls Said 3

• There has been an increasing amount of women go into the cooking industry, last year my cookery class was more women to men but most of the women we're like myself looking to get into patisserie and that was just a class you had to take to get into it.

• The one who doesn't have to wash the dishes.

• They're attraction, like bearded woman in a circus.