Why tf do people say time doesn't exist?

Thoughts?

0|0
2|11

Most Helpful Girl

• Well theoretically it's a made up concept by humans.
    And the way we measure time might be absolutely useless and unreliable on planets in another time space, our days might be weeks for them, maybe months or maybe just hours. Like I've said, time as we know it is a man made concept and a very limited one at that. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist but it doesn't mean its very reliable either.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Time implies that you could make it flow in other directions than past-->future. This means you could make a majine that makes it all go backwards. This doesn't make much sense. Have you considered that time is, much alike the tick of a clock, merely a reference on frequency and speed that we, as intelligent beings, adopted to fulfill our rational need for measuring and comparing?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I guess it does exist but the way we determine it doesn't.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Every term ever invented is something invented by humans. The universe exists though this is just a force of our own perception. WHo are we to say what actually exists?

0|0
    0|0
  • 'strange' and moving on lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Peopledon't say time doesn't exist, they say time is an illusion.

Because really things aren't happening, it's just a 4-dimensional still-frame block.

0|0
    0|0
  • we are outside time thats why we can feel it running
    we are not inside time

0|0
    0|0
  • If there's no time, then there's no aging. How do we grow old if time doesn't exist 🤔

0|0
    0|0
  • its a social construct.

0|0
    0|0
  • Time exists. It is a constant. It moves forward and never stops. The only thing people can do is measure time. They can't control it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the claim is the passage of time is an illusion. there's youtube videos explaining it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe because it's a man made concept? It's still exists but we just gave it a measurement that's all, the world still turns and things still move

0|0
    0|0