What do you think of people who don't say thank you when you do something nice for them?

• Assholes
  • Meh whatever
  • I am one of those people
  • I think something else

Most Helpful Girl

• I think one of these 3 things:

1- They forgot to say thank you
    2- They're not used to have people doing nice things for them
    3- They're rude

So, it depends on the situation and also on the person.

What Girls Said 23

• I voted Meh; I generally cut out moochers and users pretty quick. The friends I keep have a back and forth and a nice balance. No need to say the words, because they show it when they do something for me the next time.

Actually you've just made me realize something. I view "thanks" the same way I view "sorry". I never actually say the word "sorry". Instead I prefer to explain what I did, why it was wrong, and how it affected the person. That way they know that I really do understand, and only though understanding can we truly work to change our ways and not make the same mistakes.

So I don't need a person to say that they are grateful, I need them to show me by being as generous and giving as I am, even if they don't immediately do it for me.

• Lol, people who don't say thank you are just being spiteful lol. I mean think about it, you're raised to say it all your life and it takes 2 seconds to mumble it out loud. Idc if they do or don't, it won't make me or break me... I still sleep at night and I know not everyone is an asshole😃

• It's not so bad to forget about it once or twice. But it's not ok to thanklessly take something over and over again. Also, it's not ok to say "thanks" in an afterthought manner.

• I assume they take things for granted and are unappreciative. I always thank people when they do something for me. They aren't obligated too, so I show my appreciation and thank them. It's an automatic response for me

• For example, holding the door open for someone who doesn't say thank you. BITCH I should have let it smack you in the face :(

• I could care less.

• Rude as fuck.

• They better be mute lol jk

• It really depends what it is. If it's a once off, meh, but if it's continuous and about bigger things, then they're just rude.

• i voted A

• Maybe they forgot their manners at home so I'd let it slip

• I'm fine with it as long as I can see the gratitude is there. I'm not much for words either way.

• Rude..

• Well I don't expect them to show appreciation but it would be nice. But it depends on what exactly I did.

• Most of the time I think "this won't matter in a year from now", then I carry on with my day. People are raised differently, so I don't let it get to me.

• Most of the time, I'm whatever about it.

• That they are soo full of themselves, feel sorry for them, maybe there parents didn't rise them right, sometimes You cam see they're shy. Maybe having a bad day... anyway I feel sorry for them. ^^

• I don't care and do it just to be nice not because I'm expecting a thank you.

Well lets say you helped this person quite a few times and they never say thanks to you. wouldn't you think they are just taking advantage of you and not appreciating your help?

Most of the time I help people it's in my favor to get things from them. XD

• Rude and self centered
    But then it depends on situation. I mean some people are just absent minded and might just forget it. But one usually understands who genuinely forgot and who's rude

• Disrespectful, and I stop doing nice things for them. Even acting rude at times.

• Mehhh

• I consider them rude and I get a little angry, but then I remind myself that most people suck anyway, so I continue doing my business.

What Guys Said 17

• Assholes. If I ran to get the door open for you cuz I see your hands are full you better say something.

• They should be thrown into an active volcano.

• It depends on the person whom I am being nice to, if it is a close friend or a family member, I don't expect a thanking whereas if it is a stranger; I would be lying to say that I don't expect at least a thanks but with that said, I really don't care if they don't say; for I am least likely to meet them again and it is not going to stop me from being nice to others.

• they are not obligated to and i never expect it. people who expect a thank you are just as bad as people who dont give a thank you.

• Makes me not want to do nice things for that person anymore!

• Asholes or maybe people who lack communication skills.

Some people appreciate but can't say it due to shyness.

Others are just assholes though

• I stopped giving a fuck. Helping is what i do.

• Probably D - I wouldn't notice

• I don't expect anything in return when I do nice things but a bit of appreciation is nice.

• Either their rude or shy.

• I don't do what I do for other people's approval.

No. I'll just start to think when might be the funniest time for me to withdraw my help.

• It typically don't bother me, but it depends on what I did for him/her.

• I just forget about it, but i may do less nice things for them.

• Lack manners

• I always say "you're welcome" if someone doesn't say thank you.

• I think something else