If USA and China went to war with each other, who would be their allies?

Most Helpful Guy

• This would be my guess, simply based on various military alliances/agreements found on Wikipedia and some news articles.

USA - Potential Allies (Various alliances/agreements)
    *Japan
    *South Korea
    *Israel
    *Philippines
    *Taiwan
    *New Zealand
    *United Kingdom

China - Potential Allies (Shanghai Cooperation Organization)
    *Russia
    *Kazakhstan
    *Kyrgyzstan
    *Tajikistan
    *Uzbekistan
    *India
    *Pakistan
    *Iran (depending on reason of war)

Undetermined:
    *Australia
    *Morocco (likely US, if involved at all)
    *Saudi Arabia
    *France/Germany/Spain (most of Europe)
    *Turkey

What Girls Said 2

• north korea

• What is it with you people and USA v China? Seriously I keep seeing questions like these

What Guys Said 12

• Most likely Russia and certain Middle Eastern/Asian countries would side with China.

But we'd get all the white people (besides the Russians). I don't know that's the last I heard.
    Also I'm not sure if Japan would side with us or China cause I know they're are allies but I'm not sure if they like or dislike China.

• A hypothetical Geopolitical question. Let me see the most likely reason why it could happen;

China occupies Senkaku islands, Japan considers this an invasion and another Sino-Japan war starts and US, by their 1951 agreement is duty bound to protect Japan. So, if US declares war, being the de facto head of NATO, so would the NATO;

So, the ones with US would be: US, Japan, Republic of China, Rest of NATO (prominent - France, UK, Turkey, Germany).

Pakistan in theory is allied to both but in such a situation, I guess they are likely to go with China, considering, there is no public sentiment in Pakistan against the Chinese. So yes, if Pakistan is involved, it would inevitably involve India who would side with the US bloc.

Now, there is the question of Russia - always seeing itself as the historic rival to NATO, they'd join NATO's enemy.

War prone west Asia is unlikely to get involved, unless there is some spillover from Turkey.

Belligerents:

US Bloc: US (nuclear power), Japan, South Korea, RoC, NATO (especially EU (two nuclear powers), who'd be fighting Russia), India (nuclear power).

Chinese Bloc: China (nuclear power), Russia (nuclear power), Pakistan (nuclear power), North Korea (nuclear power).

Such a situation would be inevitable world war three especially where there seem to be irresponsible nuclear powers like Pakistan and North Korea getting involved and thus, one could hope that SUCH A SITUATION NEVER ARISES; it would mean 70% of the human race is at war heading towards Armageddon.

I doubt turkey would go with us

Yes, the whole stuff is a hypothesis and a few more years of Erdogan being at the helm, I agree Turkey becomes an increasing doubt. But Turkey has no connection with China, hates Russia and is a full member of NATO. These are the factors I took into consideration.

• Russia and countries in or around the middle east would unite with China,

Japan would be allied with us, all/most of Europe/NATO would be allied with us as well, south Korea to and some of our island territories.

There are a few neutrals and unknowns there though to.

• It would be China, North Korea, & maybe some Middle Eastern nations,

against the USA and the rest of the world (all of Western & Eastern Europe, Canada, South Korea, Japan, Australia, the rest of the Middle East, African nations, etc.)

Russia would be the new Switzerland.

• Great question. Obviously North Korea and to covert/proxy extent Russia. China has kinda been alienating their neighbors for a long time now. They would probably leverage support from one of the many Africans countries they've heavily invested in. It would be a stalemate in the end.

They might resort to invading a US ally that share's a border with them.

• Nobody is going to get involved in that war.

• At this point most people would stay out of the USA's business unless we were sweeping the globe taking every country.

• With USA
    UK, France, Canada, Israel, SK

With China
    Russia, Iran, Pakistan?, NK

Neutrals
    India, Brazil, South Africa, Italy? Saudi?

• Depends where the war is fought. Neither country would invade the other.

• Everyone would join the USA as allies.

• nato

• Depends on how it's started and who was the agressour