Do you actually love yourself?

We've all heard how important it is to love yourself and all of that. Everyone preaches it but do you actually feel that way? tell me a bit about it (if its always been that way, how it started, how it feels like, or whatever you feel its important to say).

• Yes I love myself!
  • I like myself but love? not yet
  • I'm indifferent ehhh
  • I dislike myself a bit
  • I fucking hate myself

Most Helpful Guy

• "Do you actually love yourself?"

You bet. Every morning before a shower. It's the best way to start the day.

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely not. There are things about me that I can appreciate, such as my intelligence or my creativity, but of course I have things I don't like about myself. I'm too quiet, too awkward, and tired as fuck when I leave the house. I have blemishes on my face and I fix my shirt every few minutes to make sure it doesn't look "lumpy" or "highlight my fat roll." However, when I compare myself to other people, I am GLAD that I'm not like them. I don't want to be so bubbly and outspoken that I disrupt the class every 30 seconds. I don't want to be the person that sits on their phone, or that teacher with a voice so dull and void of life that I might actually fall asleep. I am HAPPY to be me.

In order to "love myself," however, I would need an ego the size of the SUN.

What Guys Said 25

• Yes , I love myself so much I'm at risk of going blind.

• I love myself every night.

Seriously though, I believe this whole loving yourself isn't nearly as important as people would have us believe.

A great number of good people I met don't seem to love themselves, whereas I've encountered some serious assholes who love themselves.

• lol I fucking hate myself

• Love yourself sounds gay to me for some reasons😂😂I'd rather hear something else like respect yourself or accept your faults uggh

• Yes of course

• Eh, we have similar hobbies. If he paid I'd probably go out for dinner with him and get to know him better.

• A bit too much sometimes.

• B sounds about right to me

• Self-love is just another word for pride. It is best to have no self-opinion at all and simply forget about yourself entirely.

• Meh? meh.

• Well yes and no.
    I like myself, and who I am. I'm proud of me.
    But no one else likes me.
    So I also hate myself, because I'm worthless.

• I love myself to death

• Some aspects of myself I love, others I absolutely despised; I chose the middle option but it's so "meh"-sounding in nature that it doesn't really do how I feel about myself justice. XD

• hate-----------------X---indifferent--------------------love

• Yep
    I do 😂

• Depends on the day because sometimes I hate myself and then I love who I am

• Well I obviously have a really long way to go man.

• Not narcissist but I am happy with myself.

• I hate myself for being shy

• yes to an extent

• A fuckface can't love himself 🤔

• I like myself but I've got some room to improve

• I fucking hate myself

• With my right hand nightly

• I don't think I look good

What Girls Said 23

• I'm kinda content with my personality & level of knowledge/intellect but I am absolutely disgusted by the way I look. My body is gross, my face is gross, my hair is gross, everything gross.. I feel like literally everyone else looks 1000x better than me and I'm starting to develop this paranoia that random people make fun of or gossip about me when they pass me by on the street and then laugh about me afterwards. Sucks to be me.

• I'd like myself if there was something to like about myself, but there's not, so I don't like myself.

• Working upwards, slowly but surely. Happy with where I am now (chose B), but I'd like to get to A eventually.
    My heart goes out to all the people that don't like themselves, I'm sorry you feel this way, I've been there, and it's a sad place to be in :(

• Im trying my hardest for a. It's harder than I thought to do that. I don't know why loving others is so much easier.

• Somewhere between D and E, on a good day it's D, on a bad day it's E.
    I'm just really insecure, and I feel like I can always improve more with things. Also I make mistake number 1, dont compare yourself with others... (yeah I do that A LOT :/ ) I see my flaws more than I see my beauty. So can't say I like myself, but I know I have a good heart.

• I hate myself.

• Ehhhh, I am okay with myself.

• I hate myself for poor motor and typing skills, but high enough intellect to be doing two years of high school at the same time. Also for understanding death and mortality but still being afraid of it.

• So much. I wish I could Hang out with me

• Yep.

• I'm getting back to the "I love myself" place in my life, for the longest time after my annulment I had a lot of self loathing. But now I feel a lot better then I was before

• Indifferent

• i think so

• No...

• Tbh, I saw a psychologist for two years and STILL can't answer this question.

• I'm slowly getting there. Working on it:-)

• I love myself

• Yeah, I give myself some tough love and constructive criticism though.

• I love myself nowadays since I lose weight but when I gain weight I hate myself

• If I said all the time I so be lying! Only sometimes and I'm good with that.

• I'm suicidal and I let guys have me whenever they want so I can space out and just not think or feel anything other than the sex :(

• Myself would have to take me out to dinner more and rub my back and stuff before I even think about loving me.. 😂