In your opinion, what is the name of God?

Full disclosure dictates that I inform you ahead of time that I am not religious nor am I anti-religion. Trolls please don't idly stroll through here to simply incite a riot. Everyone's belief structure is a sacred thing so this question is not from a perspective of challenging or poking fun at. This is purely a theological curiosity.

Thanks in advance for participating.

510

Most Helpful Guy

• George Burns

• LoL love it! I use to imagine that God would sound just like him or Morgan Freeman.
      Cheers, good answer!

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 5

• "In the Name of the Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit," Amen.
    Good luck and Great question, @Syvient. xx

• Specs

• Specs as in a name, or are you requesting specification on something?

If it is a name referencing a divine deity then which belief as I have never heard or come across this reference.

• Yeah I know, let's just make the best out of it

• At the ripe old age of 17, I imagine you will have more opportunities to do good. The worse things get those of us who are good souls, kind hearted, empathetic, and selfless will have our hands full.

Just keep your chin down and roll with the punches.

• It's Jehovah

• Here is a fun fact, Jehovah was translated from Yeheshua (I think that is the spelling) which was translated from Yahweh, which was the original reference in ancient Hebrew as YHWH. Good answer as I personally see this as the closest truth based on Christian theology.

• Delia

• Never heard of this name. Care to elaborate, would love to learn more?

• Not necessarily, if it is a name that you use in reference to a worshipped deity it is good enough for me.

• It's not any name of worship

• Which God?
    A/w, Yahweh.

What Guys Said 9

• As far as I know he told Moses "I am" when Moses asked him who should he tell his people sent him

• Good point, and actually one of my favorite quotes from biblical texts. I always took this as a state of being, and the most profound state of being. Thanks for the comment, cause I had forgotten that this was the answer that he/she gave when asked.

• Which God?

• That's kindof the point, any god will do. This is purely a theological curiosity.

I am actually very surprised that I have not seen a Pagan influence, or even the expected Oneness Pentecostal answer of Jesus Christ.

The more varied the answer, the better the conversation. :)

• I think that's something that was never revealed on the books, am i wrong? Maybe we just need to study the popular names from that time, must be one of the top.

No clue.

• god has many names but one is greater than all of them
    it was known but by time people forget it

• I believe you are referencing the name I actually observe as his name. Referenced about 53 times in multiple biblical texts and written in ancient Hebrew as YHWH. Has been written as Yahweh in recent times, but actually pronounced as "Yah-hoo-wah".

• Yes I have read on this also, one of the reasons that I had the idea to ask this question. The "top man" (sorry not sure of the title and refuse to guess as that could offend) is allowed to say his name during an annual ceremony and is kept secret.

• there are many version for a prayer that clamis to contain god mighty name

• Jehovah

• Yes I find its much more liberating when reading the entire context rather than when most folks post or quote a single passage.

• sometimes, if you just read one verse, you won't get the message. in fact, as much as it pains me tro admit, just focusing on that 1st scripture almost made me question my faith

• None.

• Captain Dunsel

• "Jesus Christ" AKA Lord:) or Father, no never mind Heavenly father;) Or Creator

• The almighty

• Yes but would you agree that is is simply a title or in the instance even a discription?

• He is sometimes called the lord

• Yea but this boils back down to titles rather than names; i. e: king of kings, God, Lord, the Father, etc.