Drivers, do you speed?

So I'm a new driver. I go the limit, sometimes one or two over. But most of the time people are passing me or get pissed cause I'm "going to slow" even though I'm driving the limit. Should I speed? I don't want to get pulled over but I've also been told u should keep up with traffic. What is the protocol for this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Go at the speed you feel comfortable with. But use common sense. Don't go 10mph on a highway when everyone else is going 60mph. There is a minimum speed limit on some highways too (unless there's traffic). Anyway, drive at a comfortable speed while at the same time not disrupting the flow of traffic. When I drove I pretty much always went the max speed limit.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do I speed? Sometimes. It's not something I think before I get in the car and go to work "you know what 🤔 I'm going to speed today" (unless I'm on my motorbike and that's another story)

Here, the right hand lane is for overtaking, if you want to overtake a car in the middle lane or the left lane then do so, so speeding up is essential. If you want to drive in the same speed limit as it states on the road, we move over to the left lane. That's how it works in Melbourne Australia.

If people are speeding up and overtaking you, it's there issues and not yours. If they're in a hurry to get someone then let them be. Doesn't mean you should speed and risk getting your license suspended or completely taken away from you.

What Guys Said 12

• I'm a careful driver but even I speed on the freeway when everyone is going 75 and the limit is 60. It is honestly safer to go with the flow than to make sure that your going the limit. On street roads I always go the limit though.

• Most people go at least 10mph over on average, at least where I live. Cops will rarely pull over them over unless they are being reckless.

• Stay out of the fast lane and you're fine going the limit. Playing pace car in the fast lane though, expect irritated people behind you.

• all the fucking time lol
    but I don't overdo it... I always adopt to the route.

as a new driver... I wouldn't recommend doing it

• I usually go 5-10 over. Much faster on occasion.
    But as you said, keep up with traffic. You won't get pulled over keeping up with traffic.

• Is the pope Catholic? Who doesn't?

• I do about 5 over or go with the traffic but at the beginning and end of the month don't speed more the 5 over

• of course thats how you get from point A to point B on time

• Yees really speed
    Dont use alcohol and go slow

• Only when i'm late

• So, do you think the guy in front of you cares what you think about his driving.
    I use to live where you could get away with under 10. Where I live now it's under 5.
    Your premiums are high enough, don't get a ticket. Stay at 2-3 over.

• Don't speed especially as a new driver

What Girls Said 6

• Speeding actually doesn't save that much time and when you're driving you should drive only how you want and never try to do what someone else is telling you. That being said, I do speed when I drive but it's just because it's personal choice.

• Yeah, I go faster than I should. That being said, continue doing what you're doing. It's the right thing to do.

• Always. And I've never gotten a ticket. Magic.
    I speed so bad sometimes.

• With my past driving history NOT any more.

• Yes soemtimes, I got one speeding ticket before lol

• I got two speeding tickets before. My advice is never speed at all.