Does any Gagger know any cool space facts?

Just wondering, already looked through a few sites.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• The concept of universe is outdated. It is thought we actually live in an infinite multi-verse with multiple dimensions beyond the tradition 3-D. These extra dimensions are spiral shaped and all around us.

Also time is only a place in space and ideally it can move forward and backwards.

What Guys Said 11

• I don't know much about space. However, I do know that black holes suck in things even such as light. That means that if you look at it, it'd essentially look 2D. Some scientists actually hypothesize it is 2D (they're tough to study given the nature of them, so I don't think any definitive side has been determined).

Now, on Earth, we don't have anything as black as a black hole. However, we have something that is nearly as black as a black hole. It's the blackest black on Earth-- "Vantablack."

It's so black to where if you covered yourself in the material, you'd essentially look like a 2D silhouette to the human eye. It's used in calibrating telescopes.

To get you an idea:
    didyouknowfacts.com/.../vantablack.jpg
    However, it's extremely expensive, so unless one is a billionaire, getting a Vantablack suit isn't particularly feasible.

I'm fascinated right now.

@dangerDoge, I knew what you meant. I was just being cheeky :P

@Distant Lol I figured as much 😁

• It's expanding at an accelerating rate, and while the astrophysicists disagree on this, it's infinite in practical terms.

• In non-Euclidean geometric spaces, two parallel lines can converge. For instance, two lines of meridian on the Earth are parallel, but they intersect at the North and South Poles.

In space, no one can hear you scream.

• That you would only survive about 30 seconds with out a suit on in space before you freeze and burn at the same time

• Mars once contained life, but it perished once mars lost it's magnetic field that protected it from the sun's harmful radiation.

• Space is really big, thats why we call it just space.

there's many earth like planets out there where life can be formed easier than here, so the possibility that we are alone here is practically zero.

• Watch crash course astronomy there is tons of space facts in there

• Did you know that they recently discovered a planet "relatively" close to us that can sustain life?

It's the closest solar system which is 4.2 light years away located in what is known as the godly locks zone.

We expect that we can send a nanovoyager to get there which would take 16 years to travel.

I would love to see this before I die. Even if the planet turns out to be nothing we will have sent a voyager to another solar system that will report back pictures and all kinds of other date.

@sjoes006 I think ill have to look him up thanks.

If you do it is 'Steven Weinberg'. I was speaking through Bluetooth earlier and went with it. He's def on YouTube but his problem with the general public is that he doesn't talk down or make what he is saying easy to understand a lot of times.

It depends on what venue or topic you catch him on. Last year I saw him speak at the Texas Book Fair to 150 people on a more social sciences book he released and he was very good at speaking to the Physics questions he got with a generally understandable and less technical explanation.

That said many of his first year grad students are afraid of him. Not because he is unkind but because he expects a lot and wants them to keep up. He's not a teacher by trade he's a researcher and lecturer and he doesn't have the time to help a student understand theory.

But if you get him live in Austin he will blow your socks off. He loves his community of over 30 years and will speak kindly and precisely on anything he can. He's a treasure.

• Most of facts about space is doubtable
    And they change a lot
    But I like that theory that some place in the universe sees our past and other place sees our future

• I know you don't get sucked out into space, you get blown out by all the air escaping the ship.

What Girls Said 9

• Pulsars are stars that shoot off directional light beams, and they spin super fast. Some of them finish a full rotation in less than a second (earth takes 24 hrs!), and they keep an extremely precise rhythm more accurate than clocks on earth.

I think :)

• I know the moon isn't made of cheese.

And Pluto is totally a real planet.

• I'm just here to scroll through everyone else's responses. I'm learning, too.

• Nah, but I know a chick from my school got selected to go on a 10 week NASA run space program, and I've never been more envious of someone in my life, lmao.

• Neutron stars are the densest things in the entire universe that we know of. Supposedly some scientist even say they could be where black holes originate.

• If you fell into a black hole, and you looked to either side of you, you'd be able to see the back of your own head.
    I've always found that to be disturbing 0_0

That's silly.

The delay on cognition between the outside world and the external world would prevent this scenarios. Our brains are too slow. but further you do get stretched out in theory as you approach the event horizon but you'll be dead way before then.

You aren't completely wrong in your thinking though. Perhaps you are thinking of quantum mechanics where one thing exists in two locations at the same time but we see it as only one spot at a time.

• Hell yeah
    @fearless_banana and I both work at NASA.

• Did you know that the Milky way galaxy and the Andromeda galaxy will collide in a billion years or so?

• There is a planet made from ice which burns on fire
    And the ice never melts anyway
    That's what came to my mind for now.