Why are Christians here so sensitive?

Most critiques of them are valid. the bible has been used to justify many shit in history. like that's pretty obvious. is it because they cannot handle the truth?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it's because people are rude and mean about it. For one, nobody is inviting anyone to "challenge" their beliefs. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if someone kept questioning you on what you held true in terms of right and wrong or why you like certain things etc.

Also even when someone has questions for Christians, it's not just questions they have. It's insults and anger, it's like they're attacking the person simply for having a faith. People call us stupid and a variety of other insults, for what? Because we believe in God?

We're no sensitive to the idea that someone else doesn't believe in the same God as we do. It's the fact that people treat us like we're not even humans and attack us for our faith. But the bible said that would happen anyway, so it's not surprising.

no, they're questioning your faith and you all get pissy and irate. lol.

Okay, if you say so.

I'm not trying to prevent you bud, where did that come from?

Most Helpful Guy

• Funny, most times I see posts condemning/attacking christians & religious people of various faiths DAILY and I'm not even religious. I've been curious as to why that is considering that most wars WERE NOT STARTED BY CHRISTIANS however the ones we remember most are the crusades which is pretty weird.

But it got me thinking the more I dug into this; Why tho? If you say that a certain entity doesn't exist why go through all the trouble to persecute someone who believes in it. Doesn't that bring more focus on that subject than just letting it be and letting them exercise their RIGHTS?

But then again who am I to judge, so I'm just gonna keep skipping those kind of posts I see on a daily basis and stick to what I know.

What Girls Said 7

• As a Christian myself, I don't really know. I suppose it's because it's drilled into us at a young age that there is only one way to go or you won't go to heaven. And while I believe it's true that there is only one way to heaven (accepting Jesus as your Savior, that's it) I also see that the teaching of Christ is misinterpreted and used out of context. Being a Christian has NOTHING to do about hating gays or being right all the time. All it should be about is wanting to have a loving relationship with God and wanting to please him. When I read anti Christian posts, even if I disagree, I acknowledge that they often have very valid points and they have the right to believe what they want. I can't force anyone to believe how I do. Why do other Christians get so upset? I dont know. Wee are only called to spread the good news, not shun those who do not accept it.

• Are we? I usually find it the other way around.

And what's funny is that a Christian can ask a Christian question on here and I as a believer can offer an answer and then here comes 3 people at least telling me how God doesn't exist, which God?, the spaghetti monster?, and so on. I always wonder why they feel the need so strongly to tell others they are wrong even when it is a question between one believer to another believer.

• Whenever I see questions asked about religion or Christianity, it's always the same thing. People being disrespectful. We aren't sensitive, we're annoyed. If you don't believe, fine. But why do you feel the need to constantly challenge those that do?

• All religious people who are EXTREMELY religious are just nutty.

• Lol you again. you realize you are so conditioned that you ask questions but you really dont want am opiniom or conversation you just want your feelings validated.
    Like jesus said open up your heart and you'll see the truth

• Let's see. Mary was a whore, why do you think there were "wise men" that showed up.

You do know there was more than one Mary in the bible. One of those Mary's was a prostitute the other was a virgin. You're getting the virgin and the prostitute confused.

• I really dont understand any of it, i mean, we are going to follow/go to war over this book, that was written BY MAN, and translated BY MAN so many times that it probably has lost all meaning. I get that a few of the stories have been proven true but its still the fact that christianity only came around after jesus did and jesus (if im remembering my Sunday school correctly) taught us to love each other not hate yet most of what i see is hate.

What Guys Said 10

• I can handle the truth. What I can't handle is people blaming christianity for shit that already happened anyway and that was already going to keep going, as if religion was the big cause, not something else that got caught up in political affairs. I also can't handle people denying that religious people have valuable opinions, as if for us to live in a laic state religious people would have to shut up and not have a say in anything (we dont need religious arguments, we can have a normal discussion without them).

• Because they first learned some nice stories about religion, believed that, of course and then discovered the ugly things in it later. It makes them insecure.

• Why are underage people sensitive when I comment on their age and inexperience?

• I don't mind level headed Christians because they're cool and they don't shove their beliefs down your throat (same goes for atheists, Muslims, and etc). What I don't like is the ones that judge me based on my beliefs and I'll judge them back (I know Christians aren't all like that).

• Most things start out as neutral and can become good or bad depending on how you use it. Many people have used government to do bad things just like many people use religion. They're sensitive about it because of the feelings they have attached to there ideas or beliefs.

and? they should get used to it.

There will always be a power struggle between good and bad. That struggle reflects the struggle between positive and negative. No side will ever win.

• I wouldn't say I'm "sensitive" per se. My main problem is that most of the "critiques" listed on here are either easily debunked or historically retarded.

• It's not just here. They're like that everywhere.

cool story. i dont care about everywhere.

but you have a social condition, but not my issue lolol.

That escalated quickly. Looks like the non believers are the sensitive ones.

• You haven't seen moslems yet.

• Why are there so many haters here. Thats the question 🤔

• I'm a Catholic and I have no problems with people criticizing my religion domain, they can even depict my profit and I don't get upset. It's not us Christians that are intolerant of those who disagree with our views.

i disagree, i believe that it's the other way around. perhaps get used to a free society/free discussion, and then come back and take it.

I'm sorry? i;m only humouring you, since you come down like me like a tonne of bricks for posting this, when plenty of others do.. lol. it's pretty obvious you have some plot, i don't care. grown men don't plot, and people can plot against you in kind.

You've lost me here, bro.