there's this guy on here who thinks 5'9 is noticebaly shorter than 6'0?

i know its shorter but is it really that much

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't consider that short

Most Helpful Guy

• You can easily tell who is shorter in that situation, that's basically the definition of noticeably shorter because it is.

What Girls Said 6

• It's noticeable. It's a three inch difference and that's pretty clear. I'm 5'2 and am noticeably smaller than someone's who's 5'5, the same way it is for my boyfriend who is 6'0 exactly and his brother is 5'9, I think, somewhere around 5'8 and 5'10 definitely, and their height difference is notable.

• My boyfriend is 6'0 and his brother is like 5'9 and the height difference is noticeable. 5'11 and 6'0 will likely look more or less the same but 5'9 and 6'0 definitely don't look close.

• Bro. Go get a ruler and think to yourself "Is one inch more or less than three inches?"

Then start working on your height hangups.

• 3 inches is 3 inches 😬😁!! Yes it's noticeably shorter, but it's still tall... Unless you're standing around a bunch of people who are all 6 and above... And you're the only one your height.. ... Otherwise, even if it's noticeably shorter, it's still tall...

In my opinion 5'8" and bellow is considered short... for a guy.

i was 5'9.5 for a while and i think i am 5'10 now

That's nice! If you stand next to a 6' person you can definitely tell the difference, which means it's noticeable... But it's not short in my opinion. Even when it is significantly shorter than 6

yeah but im 5'10

• He's right. It goes up to 12 inches, then goes up to another foot, as there is 12 inches in one foot.

• Basic mathematics calculations would tell you that he's correct.

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, that's 3 inches shorter.

• I would say 3 inches would be noticed, it is like longer than your longest finger

• I'm 6' and yeah that height to be fairly noticeably shorter. I see a lot of people's heights.

• yes, i am 5'9.5" and it is, people do think i am 5'11 but 6' NEVER

• 3 inches is about the length of your longest finger so it is all relative

• 3" is certainly easy to notice, yes.

• Yes. I believe I have a brother or two that's THAT short. I'm 6'1" and I'm the tallest in my family.

• Well, most of the women in my family are 5'8" to 5'9". So they notice the difference between a 5'9" man and a 6' man quite strongly.

For people who are like 5'2" it might not matter much.