The new iPhone 7 was unveiled today, what do you think about it?

Apple announced their new products today, including the iPhone 7.

It looks similar to past iPhone models but some of the changes and new features includes:
- water resistance
- dual cameras
- stereo speakers
- there is no headphone jack
- a redesigned home button
- new jet black color
- updated displays that are 25 percent brighter
etc.

What do you think about it? Are you planning on getting one?

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do they keep putting out a new phone every year that's only a slightly modified from the version before it, making all the older versions basically obsolete? I personally think it's a ploy to get you to have to buy the upgrade since eventually they stop carrying the older iphone components like chargers, cases, etc. I had a 4S which was fine, but when I could no longer find anything I needed for it, I upgraded to a 5S, which will soon be out, too, even though it still works perfectly fine and I actually prefer the smaller screen size. Sigh.

That's exactly what it is. It's a way for them to make sure they're getting money.

Omg you people, have you ever heard of technical progress? That's why companies release everything new every year, to push technology further.

Most Helpful Guy

• Water resistance
    Tons of Android phones are water resistant

dual cameras
    I'd rather have one camera with higher megapixel then another camera which has optical zoom

stereo speakers
    I have an external speaker. i don't need this

Wide color gamut (apple website says)
    Meaningless

No headphone jack
    You pay 300 dollars on contract for this phone and then you have to pay even more money to get apple headphones and you can't use the ones you already have. Fuck that.

Redesigned home button
    Redesigned how? Better? Worse? I'll admit, if they brought the scroll wheel back that would be pretty cool.

Jet black color
    I couldn't care less. My 300 dollar phone (300 dollars OFF contract) is jet black. Budget smartphones are jet black.

25% brighter
    Great. Wasn't aware the old display wasn't bright enough

Apple is being a lot greedier then I thought they would be given the tough competition from Samsung. Forcing people to buy their headphones now. If I was Apple I would become less exclusive, not more.

A lot of the features they are introducing are gimmicks. And a lot of features have been a mainstay on android phones for a while now.

I will definitely not be getting one. I think it's a waste of money. Just wait until the Iphone 8 comes out and they make a big deal out of adding the headphone jack again.

What Girls Said 32

• I think it's ridiculous, but what's even more ridiculous is the amount of people who already have a normal, working phone who are still going to buy it.

• Seems lame. Just more expensive for basically no reason. But all the sheep will flock to buy it.

• I'm kinda mad about the headphone jack. I get that you're supposed to use wireless headphones or whatever but where the fuck am I supposed to plug in my aux cord for my car now? I need to have my music in my car, so that's not gonna work for me.

Water resistance is cool I guess.

I heard they are making an adaptor cable that plugs into the Lightning pin spot for charging that would turn into something you could plug older headphones or an aux cord into

@kirstengrace they give you the adapter in the box when you buy the phone. It's such a non-issue. I mean my aux cord for my car cost me $5 from Amazon, ill just buy a cable that's updated.

• I prefer my Samsung Galaxy Edge. However, guaranteed my sister is going to try and get me to let her get an upgrade with her Iphone, but it's not going to happen. I have her on my phone plan. The last time that happened, I ended up having to pay almost $600 for her phone. She promised to pay me back, but she didn't. She has been hinting at getting another phone lately. If she asks, I'm going to tell her to get her own phone place then if she wants to upgrade. I'm not getting stuck with that bill again.

• While I love Apple and particularly macOS I think their products are like Porsche. They hardly ever change and are boring. They're good, but boring. I have the iPhone SE though. I love the design - its timeless. And I get so annoyed by Jonny I've doing his stupid recorded announcement with each new product "Oh this is the best product we've ever done, this is so good, that is so good" blah blah blah. They make good products, but they could be so much better and more forward thinking. The VAIO laptops were the best hardware in my opinion.

Porcshe cars are boring? Really? If you've tried driving one, even a boxer, you wouldn't be saying this. They may have not changed designs dramatically over the years, but that's actually a good thing, it preserves its' sentimental value and vintage look.
      Take for example the Carrera GT, the car that Paul Walker died in (may his sould rest in peace). It was produced from 2003-2007, never changed the design, look at it now, it doesn't age a bit! I'd gladly trade the most exotic Lambo or Ferrari for that babe.

I know... well they're in the USA too now and I think they will come eventually to Europe but I don't like Windows anyway so I'm sticking to Mac

Windows 10 sells your private info and browsing habits to 3rd parties, that's a disgusting violation of privacy. But you can easily disable them with a little software. Mac has been sending your private info behind your back since Mac OS 8.0 and you can't disable it. Good luck.

• I really dislike the fact that there's no headphone jack! I have tiny ears and the earphones barely hold in my ears as it is, never mind completely wireless ones :(
    The plan was to get one when I upgrade at the end of the year, but really really doubting it.

• My S7 is waterproof and has a headphone jack. I'm good.

• I just Now saw this on the News, @texmachina.
    With New technology that Comes our Way every Day, I just Looked and Went back To... Gag, in answering More questions and even posting One, hun.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Imma wait for the 7s, the s's are always better.

• I think all phones are good enough now that it's a waste of money to buy the newest one. I think people buy it because it's a "look what I have" kind of thing.

• Apple trying to rip people off with OP prices like they always do. Since it's an evil company and I hate them for everything they stand for.

• No thanks I'll stick with samsung

• Lost me at no headphone jack.
    Such a stupid idea.

I've been #teambluetooth since the iphone 4. With all the working out you do, I figured you'd have a BT headset of some type by now?

I think headphones can plug directly into the lightning jack now. I'm sure there will be some cheapo adapter for it.

What I never understood, is why they put the jack on the bottom of the phone for the 5 and 6. Like, really? Why would they do that?

Back when we went from floppy disks to CDs I bet someone also said

"What a stupid idea"

• I will stick with my galaxy after having both I prefer m galaxy

• Looks nice, but I'll pass.

• Pretty happy it's finally out because now the iPhone 6 prices will go down and I can get one :)

• Nah. I'll stick so my galaxy

• Nothing, lol.
    Just a waste of money for me.
    I already have a phone so I don't care for it.

• I'm so excited. But I wish they wouldn't have made it mandatory with the Bluetooth everything.

• nope, I am not. I wasn't impressed

• I couldn't give less of a shit

• It's completely stupid.

• no cuz i got the se

• I'd rather spend my money on anything else

• Removing the headphone jack is the biggest mistake apple could make. I won't be buying one.

• Underwhelming

• nah its not gonna work for me, I need headphones jack!
    so I'll pass

• No headphone jack? WTF

• I asked my dad to order it for me

BUT there's NO HEADPHONE JACK?

the headphone jack has literally become a limiting factor in how thin phones are. Given cost of Bluetooth... it was just something to dump.

• Looks uber cool!

• More from Girls
    2

What Guys Said 40

• The new audio jack is a good move, other electronics will eventually adopt it too. What people don't know is that the 3.5mm jack is stupid, it's analog signal and it takes plenty of room inside an already crammed up device.
    Further more, the new port can serve multi purposes: recharge phone, connect to PC and audio output, maybe even HDMI output and so on, because it's digital and it can be programed. It can also send power signal to accessories that need it.
    Lastly, since it's digital, it can simulate 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound if you have the right headphones, or even just plug it into your home theatre.
    By the way, you can get a special little dongle that plugs into this new port and has a normal 3.5mm port that you plug a normal headphones into!
    Lastly, I hate Apple and their products, they are arrogant and they are for amateurs.

• I think I like the plus model which is the one with a redesigned twin camera & better zoom & telephoto ability.

Black is fine but I'll stick to the Gold one.

To imagine I just bought a new 6s Plus a month ago ha ha

Guess wait a few months & they'll come up with a 7a plus too with some more features 😋

Stereo speakers are welcome just as much as the wireless headphones. Only problem being you can't charge when headphones are on. The idea of allowing other headphones is a good idea thus the jack / adapter for those as well.

I'd say wait a few months & they'll come up with something better

• No headphone jack? So does that mean it would ONLY work with wireless headsets and wireless headphones then? Same for speakers, wireless or bluetooth speakers ONLY, and no other exceptions?

Yes and only with Apple's patented headphones. Bluetooth is a POS technology that does not work.
      I had to replace the bluetooth-connected mouse and keyboard that came with my iMac with hard-wired ones, because the bluetooth technology was not reliable.

@cth96190 Bluetooth does suck I agree. It's also the least secure too. But it's something they had to come up with that is for short-range use only AND Wireless. The whole connection process was a real bitch too, with the procedure typically of discovering available and enabled bluetooth devices, then you have to pair them, and then connect to bluetooth services that are supported and available.

So yea, I'm not a big fan of Bluetooth myself either.

Just stick with Wireless standards instead, if it has to be "Wireless" in the first place. stuff that's has these types of wireless specs or standards: "2.4 GHz wireless for long range and minimal interference"

Wi-Fi basically. The Wi-Fi standard is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bluetooth standards when it comes to peripherals that are cordless and wireless.

• Just like ps4 pro, just like Xbox Scorpio, and so on. This shit should beeeeeeeeeen put into iPhone 5. Or 6s. The specs more specifically. I hate how they slap shit on the market and fix it and add to it then sell it and call it new.

• Yeah, I'm planning to getting one.

Yes, I know I can get samsung or whatever android equivalent specs for cheaper , but let me just say that the people that are buying Apple products, money is not a major concern for them. They are buying the brand (and the App store that come with it)

Apple phones generally have a higher resale value compare to Android counterpart.

• Wheres my fucking micro SD card slot apple? Is it too much to ask for?

I'll still be getting it though cause I've had enough with my LG G3 and it's CPU throttling.

• It's shit.

You can't pass the Aux cable to iPhone users now.

Bullshit.

• in my opinion the biggest factor of the iPhone 7, is the water resistance.

The iPhone was REALLY falling behind Android with this feature, because a waterproof phone was a feature that would sway people towards Android. Now that playing field is more level.

Not without the headphone jack. That's a big nistake they made.

• Well its obviously an amazing phone. It always it with apple espeically with note 7 bursting into flames and stuff will open the door for i7

However, if you can, you might wanna wait until next year for the 10th anniversary. That will be a very big change

• Not till they bring the headphone jack back, everything else sounds good about it but I guess they want everything through Bluetooth so it can be water resistant , probably get rid of charging port next and start charging it through induction

• A lot of money. Would it be that much better than my Samsung droid? :-|

• It's ok. I have a iPhone 6 right now and going to wait until next year when apple care is expired to get the iPhone 6S (before the next announcement) so it's the very last iPhone to have the 3.5 mm jack. My friend agrees with me and he's an apple support specialist (or whatever it's called) that goes beyond the genius at the retail stores.

• Where is the third, smaller model with the iPhone 4/5 form factor?

I guess I will eventually get one... I have a year left on my current contract and am happy with my 6. The headphones thing is stupid, the waterproofing thing is good.

• The head phone jack is pointless to most Iphone users. I only ever use the iphone issued head phones. Everything else connects through Bluetooth. Also, the phone comes with an adapter in the box if you need it.

If not having an headphone jack is a deal breaker than i seriously doubt you were ever going to buy an Iphone anyways.

Im getting me a Jet black one when it comes out.

People are really having a hard time with this missing headphone jack. Im willing to bet the most Android based phones will do the same soon but with a mini-USB plug instead.
      If that ever happens half these will never buy a new phone ever apparently.

Its just a transitional point. Its wear the change is occurring. Once that ship has sailed, wireless will be everywhere and it will be yesterdays news

But One day those wireless headphones are going to run out of juice and you won't be near a charging outlet. Guess no music...

@TripleAce you're right. I think the next steep is removing all external ports and having the device charge like a electric toothbrush. Maybe head phones using inductive transfer of the sound signal to the headphones? Who knows.

• The lack of a headphone jack would deter me from buying one... and I am a loyal Apple user.
    I refuse to pay $50 for headphones from Apple. For my iPhone 5S I can buy headphones for $2.

• Roflmao no headphone jack haha

• It doesn't sound too impressive, but considering how much I've spent on all my hundreds of App.'s and how my iPhone 4S is now obsolete (and running out of space), I guess I'll be switching to this phone soon...

• eh... nothing, the changes were pretty much all leaked long before the presentation so there was no really big surprise.

• Apple hasn't done anything impressive here, for years really. Samsung seems to be pushing tech further and in new ways. If I were into cell phones more I'd most likely get the bendable phone over anything that Apple comes up with.

• Hmm, dunno.
    If the blender guy can't blend it, i'll buy it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBUJcD6Ws6s

• Honestly don't care for it. I know a lot of people are super excited about it but for me I don't care. I really wouldn't even use half of the things it can do.

• iPhones are overpriced garbage.

• They've lost their way since Steve Jobs died. It used to be "Let me show you why you can't imagine not having a new iPhone, how this will change the way you live day to day" to "Hey y'all, check out these new features"

• Yay, something to use my new apple repair tool on.
    asrentall.com/.../sledge-hammer.jpg

• I'm sorry did someone say apple?

• i am on andriod bruh.

• No headphone jack = No sale. Stupid.

• The same thing I thought about all the other iPhones... Nothing.

• Looks good. I'm an Android guy, have been for a few years.

• More from Guys
    10