Does praying to not have a broken heart work?

if you're not religious pls leave lol.. anyway my heart was broken and there isn't a day where i dont think about this... the guy rejected me but he would always stare at me he was my friend actually. he would show many other signs. The school year started and we barely even talk. I waved at him and he waved back but he didn't look me in the eye he just looked down while waving at me. to all my Catholics out there do you think praying will resolve this entire thing?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• If you believe in that sort of thing then sure...

What Guys Said 4

• I'm not not religious. But I'm also not religious. I'm agnostic. If praying gives you the confidence to pursue and achieve your goals, that's terrific. In that sense, praying does work.

• To pray not to have a broken heart, is like going to war and preying not to die.

It's silly to think it will save you, but it surely can only help.

Heartbreak can happen and it's part of life. We need to go through it because it developeds your soul.

what does heartbreak teach us? to value love? I've always valued love. I've always been kind. and I've always gotten my heart broken. you seem like a religious person so ill tell you. guys stare at me. this guy stares at me. its been about 7 guys that have done this actually... even today I noticed this other guy just looking at me from afar. yet, I've never had a boyfriend. i want to find love.. and i was so sure i found it with him bc he would literally ask who i liked, walk w me, put his arm around me, call me pretty, text 24/7, etc. (talking about the guy in this post not the one starring at me. well he stares at me too but lol) i just dont get it. i know im young but when i fall in love I truly do love the person. (currently crying) and i just can't seem to move on :/ i feel ugly and unloved and just alone. what is god trying to teach me?

like i said, i thought i had something special in my hands :( and it just fell apart

"Listen to your gut, as it is your thoughts before emotion and listen to your heart, as it is your conscience" wise words my friend !

• Resolve it? No. I think you're praying wrong. Dont ask God to deviate all adversity in your life, ask that He gives you maturity to handle it, confidence to not be taken aback by the pain, and courage to move on and try again. This will be much better for you both short and long-term, and in my experience, this is the kind of prayer that works.

can i ask god to take my feelings away? lol

You might try, but it never really worked for me. I guess its best if you follow my original comment. Courage, maturity and confidence will get you through anything. Trust me.

thank you!

• Praying doesn't work at all. You can talk to yourself, which has he same effect. Nothing mystical, but you are venting or talking yourself up. Reassuring yourself.

What Girls Said 1

• Nope. Praying will just make you think about it more.