Do drunken words tell the truth?

What's ur intake about people and them opening up due to being intoxicated? Do you believe them?

Most Helpful Guy

• yes, even if you don't mean them : being drunk stops your conscious social inhibitor : to put it bluntly, you say what goes through your mind without thinking about it

Most Helpful Girl

• I find when people are drunk they have no filter. if a girl or guy says that they love you it may be an exaggeration bc they're drunk, but it's still showing how they really feel, even if it's not true love, they're saying what they once were too scared to say. like I've been doing no contact on my ex for 2 wks now and just last night I got wasted. I woke up and saw 3 text from my ex, I was so happy, but as I looked back at the thread I realized that I contacted him 1st at like 1am!! luckily I didn't say anything too horrible to embarrass myself &I don't think he even realized I was drunk but I have no memory of texting him at all!! but it ruined all the no contact I've been doing and proves that I was alone thinking about him at 1am. ugh!!!

What Guys Said 13

• alcohol is a depressant that takes down inhibitions. So, you are getting a true answer but from their view point of their mind in a different state. It may go to extremes in that they felt that, but not what the full truth is. Eg. someone says I love you when drunk, and they may, but that isnt' the full truth of what they think. Ask them when they feel good on an "upper" and probably get a different answer.

I think it is the skewed truth.

• I think it depends on the situation if it is a calm one on one drunk conversation with the exception of someone just looking for sex it is generally truthful, in a party or boisterous environment it is generally BS.

• There are these things called intrusive thoughts, perfect example: the other day I was helping a friend sort through some scrap metal. I had a hammer for forcibly bending the metal into tight fitting containers and out of nowhere my brain just said "hey if you swung that at his head using the spike you could kill him really quickly." Do you think that that would be considered the truth?

• Yes, from my experience MOST people are more honest when drunk.

• I asked a drunk woman if she loved me once. She projectiled a right Jackson Pollock. I guess it's true.

• Could be true. Could be a lie. All i know is when im blackout drunk i seem to want to vent about my past shames and dirty secrets :/ i don't drink much after those first few times.

• In vino veritas. If they say it while drunk, it's there true feeling.

• no, because you are under influence of alcohol so the alcohol will twist what you say.

• "there's Always truth in jest"

• I don't think words are necessarily, but feelings.

• Yes. It's like truth serum.

• Yes. I the truth and how I felt and about my wives past. It cost me my marriage.

• I can name three of my friends that will tell you anything when they are intoxicated

What Girls Said 6

• Drunken words are sober thoughts

• I open up like a flower when I drink alcohol.

• Yes, people's true feelings seem to come out when alcohol is involved.

• They usually are more truthful than a sober person.

• No. They say super exaggerated and weird things.

Taco Bell becomes the "best meal I've ever eaten."

Some chick you talked to in the bathroom is "my new BFF."

A guy you've known 10 minutes is "probably my soul mate."

An ex you haven't thought of in years was "the last chance I'll have at love."

And so on.

• I lie when drunk, it's not hard