Does salary go by how much u make two weeks or a month or something else?

Most Helpful Guy

• In the US yearly is how it's usually stated. In other words your annual pay. However pay periods can vary from weekly, bi weekly, twice a month, or monthly. Bi weekly is by far the most common. Government jobs are usually monthly.

Im bi weekly so my salary is just that one check or the whole month.
      I get paid. Twice a month

For bi-weekly your paycheck would be your annual salary divided by 26. Twice a month it would be divided by 24.

Let's say your annual salary is 50K.

If you get paid bi-weekly, your check would be 50,000 / 26 = 1923. You will get that every two weeks, probably every second Friday.

If you get paid twice a month, it would be 50,000 / 24 = 2083. You would get that twice a month. It is most commonly on the 1st and 15th of the month, or the 15th and last day of the month (depending on the length of the month).

If you are paid monthly, it would be 50,000 / 12 = 4166. You would get that once a month, probably on the 1st or last day of the month.

Also, salary can mean different things in different countries. In the US, it means a fixed amount that you get no matter how many hours you work. Your paycheck will always be the same amount.

There is also hourly, which means you get paid by how many hours you work. Your paycheck can be different every time depending on how many hours you work.

In some countries, people seem to use the word salary to mean either one of those. So it's basically a synonym for pay or wages.

What Girls Said 2

• Your annual salary is what you are paid over the course of the year. Pay periods vary, with some companies opting for bi-weekly or weekly pay periods and others paying twice a month or once a month.

My old job, for example, was bi-weekly, which meant that a couple times a year I'd end up with a 3 paycheque month.. my current job pays twice a month, always on the 15th and the last business day of the month. In either case, at years end it made no difference - I was paid my annual salary, just on a different schedule.

• 0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Your salary is per year. It's generally estimated on a 2000 hour clock. 40 hours a week 50 weeks a year (2 off for vacation/sick leave). Once you're on salary they'll work you as hard as they need to though. The higher the profession pays, generally the more they expect from you... Doctors end up on call in the middle of the night, software engineers code on weekends at times telecommuting in to work on their "days off", an attorney works until they drop when working on a case, CPAs never see their family durring tax season or when audits need to be finished. Depending on the company you work at, payroll may run biweekly or weekly.

• Depends on who is asking - In common parlance your salary is how much a year you make but it can be broken down to every month, every week, every pay check.

• by year and by decade. You can't go by what you make by month or by year, in the past I've made a lot in a short time but had a tough time the rest of the year. You need good steady money coming in all the time, enough to live well, save and plan for the future so make sure no matter what happens that you are always working, even if the job is beneath your education and skills keep the money coming in.

• bi weekly, monthly or yearly. It depends on your company really

• They take what you make in a year and divide it by 24... You only get 2 checks a month...

Different from Bi-weekly where you get paid every 2 weeks... In this case some months you will get 3 checks in a month and sometimes only two...

So in my case. Do i get salary i dont really under stand the meaning.

Can u give me. Example

Salary they expect you to do the job, usually come and go whenever you want... but there is no overtime... but if you are sick they will pay you anyways...

Hourly pays by how many hours you work... punch in and out...