Do u guys think I can get this aparment?

I wanna get this aparment It $1400a month 2 bed room 1 bath

I bring in $900 every two weeks $1800 a month sometimes $2000 a month. This is after taxes and junk

My roomate brings in $800 dollars after taxes. So $1600
so we bring in $3400 a month together.

The rent said. We need to make. Double the rent.

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion you cannot afford that apartment.
    I have taken the view that, in a rental situation, the calculations should be made on my income alone.
    Things happen. Room mates, friends, whatever do move on (new jobs, or relationships, etc) which means that it is only a matter of time until you will be paying the rent by yourself and starving to death until you can find another room mate.

Well if i want a 1 bed room its 1000to 1200.

But back to what i was saying

Can we afford it and do u think they will rent to us. I live in lA by the way.

From what I have seen of Los Angeles, I would not want to try to drive anywhere. In a city of that size, public transport is generally the best (and cheapest) option.

Yeah but most bus dont run until 4 am. I need to be at work by six. It crazy commute

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 7

• With a roommate that is reliable and trustworthy? Then I'd say you're all set and go for it. make sure you keep track of all of your expenses and develop or create a balanced budget of some sort.

If you were living there all by yourself then you'd need either need a bigger salary or paycheck or to have saved up more money in all of your bank accounts and finances.

Ok how about this if my rent was 1200 a month. By my self can i afford that if i bring in 1800 after taxes. Well i can bring in 2000 dollars a month o have a second job but i only work there 2 days a week

• Well if I read correctly you have over double the rent, so you fulfil that criteria. The owners will probably look at security of jobs and character references maybe a bond. It sounds like you have enough.

• You should be ok as long your roommate is on the lease and the income is verifiable. So $700 and still sharing a bathroom huh... ouch lol.

Is that bad? I live in LA

Yeah man, housing is crazy for such shitty areas.

Lol i seen dude with shot guns in a van yesterday and the aparment building acorss the street where im at got shoot up at 8 pm a couple weeks back

• Generally you don't want more than 30% of your income going to housing...

Lol i know but do u think they will rent to me. Also it the only affordable place in the city

Is it 400 with my own room?

I saw like 20 or 30 on there in LA. Most were looking for a guy as a roommate. Yes they were renting a bedroom with shared common areas (bathroom/kitchen/living room). Typically someone will rent a larger apartment with multiple bedrooms and sublet the rooms to reduce their cost of living. Go read the details if you're interested and you'll get an idea of what they are offering.

• what about other bills are they paid for or not

• It's tight. I'd look for a cheaper place.

Thats the cheapest i ca n find in my city any thing is else. Has more crime or a two hour drive. Out and in

• Seems tight, you will have a lot of other bills and if your roommate bails you will be screwed