How do you get your drivers license?

I went in yesterday for my test and I drove the guy (inspector) around for about 6-7 kms in the city. That was weird because I was driving in mad rush and he was almost certain that I knew how to drive. I was expecting more of an open ground sort of thing.
How do they do it in your country?
Do bribes work?

Most Helpful Girl

• You get coached by a teacher, you learn the different things, both the driving part, but also the technical part and the theory.

The you take an "exam" for the knowledge of driving, with pictures and question of what you can do in the situation etc.

And when you pass that, you go for the final driver's exam where you drive around with a police officer who sits and examines how you drive.

It's a long process, took a few months. And quite expensive.

What Girls Said 2

• I think they've changed the rules since I've gotten my license. When I took it, you took a written portion of the exam. If you passed that, then you took the driving portion, which was on a closed course behind the Motor Vehicle Association's building. You had to parallel park, you had to do a three-point turn, you had to back up for a certain distance, etc... I think people have to go out onto the road and drive now, though.

• If you live in South Africa, everything requires a HELL of a lot of patience.

1. Apply for exam - long queues
    2. Write exam - long queues
    3. Apply for driver's license - long queues
    4. Driver's license - Congrats on your 100th birthday.

What Guys Said 8

• In Switzerland, it's pretty similar to what @CreativeMumble said about Denmark. There's a theory-based exam that you are required to take first. You need to study for at least a few weeks for that exam because it's pretty tough. They ask you about 60-65 questions and you are only allowed to get 3 answers wrong. Once you've passed the theory-based exam, you can apply for the practical part. However, you can't just practice the actual driving with your parents like in some countries. At least 10 hours are mandatory to be taken with a professional instructor. On top of this, you can practice with your parents or older friends/siblings if you feel like you need it (most people need more than 10 hours practice). Once you feel ready to take the exam, you can sign up for a date. The practical exam takes about 1 hour and it includes everything you need to be able to do.
    The whole process usually takes around a year and it costs about 2,500 USD (including fees for the exams). Partially due to these reasons, driving a car has become very unpopular among young people in Switzerland. It's quite of a hassle to go through all of this and if you're a university student, 2,500 bucks can be quite a lot of money (plus another 6,000-7,000 USD if you want to get your own second-hand car). Luckily, we have a top-notch public transportation system in Switzerland and most regions in the country are pretty bicycle-friendly, so it's a lot easier to just travel around like that.

• You fill in forms, and start doing tests. There is a graduated licensing scheme in place in Ontario... you get the first one with a written test, and the second and full licenses have both written and practical tests.

Since privatizing this process, it is common for people to cheat. You either go up into the country and do it on quiet country roads, or pay someone to do it for you (with an unscrupulous examiner). This is why you have lots of people who still drive like they are in China or India and cause problems and accidents.

Indians have great driving skills. We can drive anywhere, I'd doubt if you could make a mile here before crashing onto someone.

You drive for India, not Canada.

• You take the test and you get it... Bruh, how do you wait til 22? I'd kill myself if I waited that long

• Yeah about the same. You go to a center where you can do those exams, and they'll make you drive somewhere in the area. It happens to be in the area I live in so yeah easy peasy

• I drove my car alone for like 6-7 meters 😂😂😂
    But I'm a good driver, bro. it's just I don't prefer to use 4 wheelers in a congested city like Ahmedabad.

• In my country, India, you can either go through the long process that includes document verification, criminal record and driving test OR you can simply bribe the clerks and get the licence in a week. Simple.

• Once you've completed driver's training, and are 16 years old, you can take the road test.

• Bribes, look at this guy. Trying to bribe the driving school examiner