A guy (my uncle) said something sort of creepy to me and now I feel horrible?

I almost feel like someone assaulted me. He didn't touch me (at all) but I feel so creeped out.

I don't know who I can talk to about it.

My own mother seems to be surface-level on my side. As in she knows he was wrong, but almost expects me to just 'get over it' without thinking of the impact it can have on me.

3mo Why does everyone always attack the girl

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Name & shame him seems the righteous thing to do but depending on the society you reside in its not so simple especially when a parent or parents aren't willing to leave alone talk about it but even acknowledge it
    2. I'd say do you have a lady counsellor in school or something - this will be the person to go to just in case he (the uncle) gets emboldened - this back up will help
    3. Maybe the counsellor can speak some sense to your mom as well. Expect initial whiplash but guess you'll have to put up with & face that

Good luck young lady...

I see you're Indian.

I went to India and then this happened.

I'm afraid of telling anyone because it will always make me look bad (they like blaming the girl in India)

But so long as you aren't going back there it's all okay & fat chance he'll ever come to North America & if he does you don't need consulting your mom to hand him to the cops

Thank you for the MHO, GAG :) most appreciated :) :) <3

Most Helpful Girl

• What did he say?

What Guys Said 11

• You're mum first off is stupid to expect you to just get over it. Maybe address this with your uncle himself? Go to the main root of the problem. See how that goes, maybe even try to make a joke about it to ease it in. But then sharpen it up as the conversation continues.

IF he then apposes as weird, contact someone externally immediately. You're mum can honestly suck my left nipple. No one needs to be made uncomfortable by their own uncle. Im not sure where you're from but speak to a councillor or someone who can point you in the right direction.

• I would name and shame him - Tell every other member of your extended family what he said and how uncomfortable you felt by his "CREEPY" remark.

I dont think they'll believe me. They'll believe him.

• Hmm I'm not sure I wanna know what he said because it's private and like... I don't wanna get that much in ur business. But what I can say is to avoid him and if ur sure no one will believe you then just see if it gets wore. You may have to get the authorities involved if he keeps harassing you.

• Well what is it? May give us a better idea of how to deal with it.

• Exactly what did he do that creeped you out, yet you felt he assaulted you? Talk to your dad if you can't talk to your mom. Talk to your grandparents if you can't talk to your dad. If you can't talk to either of them, then talk to a therapist.

I think I'd like to talk to a therapist.

I just don't know how to.

In India there's this whole victim-blaming thing going on, I'm almost afraid to tell someone thinking they'll blame me

Okay. You're on your own if you don't believe me.

Believe you about what?

• if u need someone to talk to im a pretty good listener (and also like to practice my english). feel free =)

Thank you. really appreciate it.

The only thing is I am so upset I'm not even sure how to phrase it.

I think I need to talk to a counsellor but even the thought of calling osmeone and speaking to them scares me

start with talking with me. then ud probably feel better to go talk with a counselor or whoever we'll find u should talk to

• Needs more details and more salt.

• Speak with your uncle and ask what just happened and how you feel. It think its best option.

• so, is there a question here?

• Really I don't think my uncle could say anything that would creap me out that much

• What exactly did he do, considering it wasn't assault and he didn't touch you.

You wouldn't be the first person to over react to something.

What Girls Said 1

• What did he say to you? Maybe I could help then. If you don't wanna share, PM me