Are you really suppose to feel bad for things you do when you're younger?

Honestly, I really don't. I was supposedly somewhat unfair to someone years ago (according to someone that knows her).

Thing is I don't feel bad at all.

• Nope, it's normal not to feel bad at all
  • Yes, you're suppose to if you were wrong

Most Helpful Guy

• When we are young, sometimes it's hard to recognize our mistakes
    it's afterwards when we get older we realize oh wow that should of
    never happened. I done things when i was younger sure i regret it
    but it's done and over with, nothing I can do wish it never happened
    wish i could go back in time but that is something i can't do all i can
    do is keep saying things will get better.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ignorance and Immaturity should be Contributed. However, we sometimes Tend to Look back on the Past which may have Not always been a Blast.
    I can recall an Incident when I did a Few things which I don't feel Guilty over, but Do ask Myself, "Why in the heck did I do it? What was I thinking of?"
    Good luck and Great question. xx

Thank you. I haven't thought about it in a long time till I got reminded of it.

Thank you for the Like, hun. I know what you mean. I bet it stings and you certainly do not need anyone Reminding you of it.
      I don't know which is worse, a person's conscientious that sometimes pops up or someone's mouth, such in your own case, making you go down Memory Lane. xxoo

Thank you for the Vote of Confidence. xx

What Guys Said 12

• Let me see if I got this right?
    Something you did in the past, perhaps in childhood offended someone. Is this correct?
    This same person (child) has accused you through a mutual friend of offending them. Is this correct?
    At the time of this offence, you were totally unaware of acting out of line. Is this correct?

I think that girl needs to put on her big girl panties and suck it up. She has held a grudge for way too long.

How can you feel bad about something that you were totally unaware of at the time? That makes no sense.
    Ohhh.. let me recap. Little pee pee pants is still butt-hurt. Let me get back to you on that one.

A

Just my opinion

Correct and I agree. She needs move on already. We were all 12-13 year-old in junior high at the time. It's been nearly 10 years later.

• We here teenagers have a period to feel like it.
    Some of them would decide to change bad boy cause bad boy have many ways to beat them. Good boy is limited by justic feeling..
    Maybe child is innocent so they are right in pure
    But they lack of different thought to see truth.
    Like a static picture that was formed dynamic truth.

• That depends on how young you were and what you did. I feel bad for ghosting two younger girls who crushed on me when I was 16 and 18. I'd feel worse if I had romanced them.

• YOu mean younger, as in last spring? Or in primary school?

As in when I was in junior high, age 12-13. Now I'm 22 and don't regret my school years.

Wq]qNo, what we did back then, no regrets!

exactly

• You're not necessarily *supposed* to, it's just really really common for people to look back and laugh or cringe at the dumb shit they did.

• As long as you didn't kill someone or scar them permanently whether it's mentally or physically then I don't see why. The past is the past, what matters most is if we change.

Nope, none of those extremes. Those are really sick crazy kiddos.

I'm only guilty of being a comedian back in my junior high years.

I meant it as if saying I did nothing wrong. It's just that someone that knows this woman (we were all 12-13 year olds back then), mentioned that she's still somewhat thinking about it. Apparently she hated my practical jokes.

Wow that person needs to grow up. I mean I did shit around that age that I'm not proud of but I'm not the same person I was back then.

• I feel nobody is perfect and we all have some regrets but on the whole I am okay with my past

• If you actually did bad things, then, yes. People are supposed to recognize the mistakes of their youth so that they don't repeat them when they're older. I was an idiot during my childhood and teenage years.

I'm only guilty of being a comedian during my junior high years. Besides I was just 12-13 years back then.

• It depends. But i would say most cases YES you should feel bad and regret.

So it's bad I don't feel bad?

Kinda, yes. It depends on what bad things you did.

• not really, since what happens happens.

• Once you didn't lie and make a innocent guy go to jail

I never did that.

What Girls Said 17

• First of all it way forever ago so who even cares. Second of all who even says you were in the wrong, maybe she was in the wrong and just continued to hold a grudge. Either way it was forever ago and no longer matters. Its honestly stupid that the person told you that.

• I look back at things I have done when I was younger and regret a lot of them and they still make me feel shit.
    But considering this person still thinks about something that you did to hurt them a long time ago.
    You really should be a kind person now and relieve them of that pain.
    Even if you don't feel like it matters to you, it might be a really big deal to them.
    It could be something they have been carrying with them in the back of their mind and your apology or even just letting them talk it out... That could help them get on with life become a more confident person?
    I say give it a go buddy, good luck x

I guess so. If that girl wants to talk about it then she can. We both have a couple mutual friends.

• If you keep thinking about it, that is your conscious telling you and reminding you the error of your ways. People are blind to the things they did before its already too late. But it doesn't mean you can't learn from them and change your ways so that you won't have another repeat.

I wasn't thinking about it. It was someone that knows that woman brought it up all of the sudden.

@Asker Not a problem. But overall then that person knows she did something wrong. To not feel bad about means that she has not learned from her mistakes, and is not empathic towards that person.

That's also states a psychological problem where she can't connect what she did or say to fault.

• Depends. But really there's only one or two things I feel bad about having done as a child, and those two are kind of major things (i think) but I was a pretty shitty friend all round amd I don't feel bad for that.

I've grown and learned and I'm still not a great friend but I'm getting better. Not as shit as I was.

• Depends what it was.

If you bullied someone or did something very cruel that likely affected them long term, you damn well should feel bad or else you're just a really shitty person...

I see. It's just weird (laughable too) to me that someone would be stuck on the time I was unfair when we were all 12-13 year olds. It's been nearly 10 years now.

Well, I was bullied mercilessly by girls in my class from grades 4 through 7 and i can tell you first hand it affected me for many, many years... read into my 20s I had a difficult time believing my friends actually liked me even when I knew my feelings were irrational.

Bullying fucks people up, man, and it's not a matter of them being "stuck" on something that happened years ago... it affects their development and often the impacts aren't even things they would directly connected to their history of being bullied in their head. Only reason it finally clicked with me was because I was taking a tonne of psychology classes and ended up doing a great deal of introspection.

• I've done a lot of stupid and childish things when I was young. I didn't know better back then and was naive. I'm not going to feel bad about :)

• That depends on a few things - What is was, how old you were when you did it, if you knew it hurt that person at the time, how much it affected the person etc.

Sure I can answer those questions:
      What is was?
      Nothing much, just a couple practical jokes.
      How old you were when you did it?
      12-13 years old
      If you knew it hurt that person at the time?
      I wasn't focus too much about it.
      How much it affected the person?
      Apparently that woman thinks I was unfair to her even after nearly 10 years later so I guess she's lingering about it.

I was pretty much a joker in the class.

Perhaps she didn't find the jokes about her so funny?

• You may not feel bad at the time, but many people do feel bad later in their lives once they realize how horrible they were being and how much it could've hurt the other person or people.

I guess. I don't see the point in living with regrets.

• Old mistakes.
    They shape our personality and they are main determiners in a life.
    Probably we shouldn't feel bad about them, cause If I hadn't done exactly those mistakes, that I did in the past, I wouldn't be the same person as I am today.

• We learn from our mistakes

• Well I think so, like what you think could be so little in the past could impact someone else future if you think about. Like bullying you think a little name calling or harassing her. she will just get over it. When she could be right now going in therapy because of you. So yes, if given the circumstance people should feel bad.

• I think we all do stupid things when we're younger. Hell I still do stupid things. But depending on what was done, I don't think it's needed to feel bad for every little thing done

• I suppose it depends on what you did?

• Depends on the severity of the situation but usually I can admit when I did wrong and move on from there no point in spending forever suffering over the past.

• When you in the intensive care unit at age 85 and dying you will not regret anything you did. You will regret not having done things you wanted wanted to do. That's the way people are so relax

• Vote C. No one can or should tell you how to feel about anything.

• Personally, depends on how I made the person feel or the situation...