What race are you and have ever experienced racism?

I'm black, and I live in Canada but once when I drove to the US border I was told to pull over and was interrogated and put in a two way mirror cell, and when I was released my car was stripped and all my stuff was on the floor. Prior to this a car full of white girls in a sorority went through the border no questions asked :/

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm black and I have experienced racism. I wore a bandana to school to protect my hair and my principal told me to take it off because it was associated with gangs. However a white girl wore one as well and she wasn't told anything.

Most Helpful Guy

• White. Have witnessed blatant racism a few times, but it's the "hush-hush" racism that kills me. Spineless fools that talk shit about people of color, but the second they are around that racial group it's all buddy buddy. Called one guy out on it once. He literally called this dude a "Wife raping, children killing niggermonkey."
    Man, it's funny how white us white folk get when we are scared for our lives, because when I told the black guy that he had said that, he looked like Casper. You know, racism is funny, but only when the racist asshole gets what's coming to him.

What Girls Said 21

• I am Proud to Know you, @chris989. I love Canada.
    I am White, live in the USA. I have Never been Discriminated against. However, in your own Case, and with your own Face, I can see where Some Soreness comes in Within. So unfair, just getting Worse.
    I do not care for this Word, nor "Hate."
    Good luck and Thanks for Sharing. xx

• Black. When I was a little kid, there were these two white girls in the neighborhood. One was Sadie, and she was really awesome. I had already lived there for years, but she had just moved in. After knowing her, another girl came. They befriended each other first before I came into the picture, but I eventually did, and they were cool to be with. However, this girl's father wasn't around every time I came over. I didn't put two and two together at the time, but now that I'm older, I realized what was going on. I was only allowed over if her father wasn't there and to know about it. My dad and her mom talked like normal good neighbors, but even my dad felt a little weird around them.

So, one day, they had caught some firebugs in a jar. I took the jar and ran laughing and set them free behind a building. By the time I came back, her father was there surrounded by many of my neighborhood friends. His face was bitter and angry at me and he Yelled bloodily at the top of his lungs at me, all over a jar of fireflies. I was stunned.

Another time I had tried coming over her house becuase Sadie was also invited, but her mom made every attempt to exclude me, especially when her father was home.

So, yeah, there you go.

I'm pretty sure I've had discrimination happened with finding jobs as well. That kind of hit me today while shopping.

• OMG, I don't understand some people, how rude of them.

I am from West Africa. Yes, I have once or twice. I was I went to primary school in the US, and my some of my teachers didn't like me. At the time, I didn't understand it as racism. I was smart, and I guess they were jelly, because a "colored child" was a lot more smarter then the "non-colored" children. (My mother taught me at home, and I applied it to what I learnt in school. My mother is a Professor). One of them wasn't even white, so I was like what the fudge. Same thing happened in middle school, only once, tho. My math teacher. I don't even think she was fully "white". 😏

I haven't experienced racism since then. Or if I have, I can't recall.

• I'm half black and half white. white people don't like me because they see me as black. black people don't like me because they say I'm not truly black because I was brought up in a mostly white family. plus, like someone else bc said, black women especially don't like that I'm so light skinned and have "good hair". but get BBB this, my mom's brothers disowned her when she got BBB pregnant by a black guy. I also have 3 half sisters who are white (same mom but my dad is black and theirs is white) so when my sisters get really drunk they call me all type of racial slurs and make fun of me bc I date black guys. then when they sober up they say that they have no memory of calling me and n** and BBB protest how much they love me and would never do or say that. How bout that for racism!! all real facts, no lie.

• i'm eurasian and i've experienced racism in america and japan. it was more violent in america. i was at a bus stop and some black kids i'd never seen before threw rocks at my head laughing like hyenas. once when i was 11 a white boy taunted me with the ching chong thing during class when it was silent. he was doing it to everyone in the class, customizing it as he went along while the teacher just watched.

America got so much issues I swear

Lol American public schools have big problems with teachers not doing anything. I guess because they dont wanna be held accountable by the parents if they scold kids?

Its ridiculous the bullying that happens while they stand there doing nothing like morons though

• My race is technically Caucasian.
    I'm a North African Arab, I haven't really experience explicit racism, or I can't recall it, it doesn't really affect me.
    I had only experienced it twice, once in Paris by a Russian Priest and another time by an old lady in Paris. Otherwise I can't say I have

• Yeah in new Zealand primary school, I was outcastes and bullied for looking different.
    The only friend I had was my artistic ability.

• I'm black and I have experienced racism before.
    I was in the laundromat with my sister a few weeks after we moved to the US and two white men (in their twenties) whispered to each other as soon as they walked by us and said 'stupid nigg*rs'. Yup, a few weeks after I moved to the US. Awesome! -__-
    I have also experienced colorism as well. Some bitch called me a 'spoiled cunt' just because I am light skinned black... -_-
    She LITERALLY said 'all you light skinned bitches are such spoiled, stuck up cunts' after we were in an argument -_________-

• I'm white and no.

• I'm mixed race and I've experienced racism from blacks, whites and Hispanics.

The most racism I've faced growing up came from black people, including my own family.

• Latina and yup

• Impossible where I live. We're all just white.

• I'm technically Hispanic. And I've been called the whitest spic some on has ever seen. And I've also been compared to the color of kkk members clothes because apparently I'm as white as a ghost

Yeah lol people still don't understand that hispanics are white

@sweetshyguy I've dated a Hispanic he was a lot more tan than me and had dark hair. I guess the little bit of Irish in me decided to make me a ghost. Though the kkk ghost comment was really mean

• Every day.

• I've experienced racism before, especially considering where I live, a lot of people here get looked at differently because of the color of their skin

• I'm Malay, Asian. racism is everywhere, to me, it's usually bcoz of wearing hijab, people suddenly downgrading me as backward, can't speak to guys , being controlled or uneducated. the true is, I'm not even close to those streotypes

• I'm Fijian and yes.

• Never, because I live in the uk probably 😂

• I'm white, almost everyday. Can't say one damn thing with out being racist lol.

• I'm from poor white stock (white trash) and have experienced racism. A black professor I had used to rant about how the white students were all spoiled, lazy, entitled and so on. Many of us (along with black students) were on scholarships.

One girl broke down crying talking about how she grew up in s trailer that didn't always have electricity and how someone had broke in and stolen all the furniture and they couldn't replace it. I had also lived in a trailer that had all the insulation torn out from animals and we'd have to sleep in one room around a dirty wood stove.

That's one example of many. I've also been pulled over and had a black cop think I was buying drugs because I was in his neighborhood when I was actually doing nonprofit work.

I try to love everyone and its hurtful, either way when people say untrue and angry things to you or think the worst of you when you haven't done anything.0

• Im black and white and i live in the south so of course i have experienced racism

What Guys Said 26

• I'm white and, yes I've been discriminated against by blacks many times over the years.. The difference for me if I'm signale3d out by a black person is that I don't automatically decide it must be racism because the person is black. The difference for me is that I don't think ALL blacks hate me because I'm white. I'm sorry, but when the Progressive/Democrats have the vast majority of blacks in this country think they are victims. My experience with blacks includes over 20,000 hours of talking with blacks in their homes during a 15 year period of my life. Also while being in the Navy. I could go into my local DMV offices and say I'm being discriminated against simply because they hire very few whites with the large majority black. If I were black and the whites were the large majority hired, you would have chaos in the streets. I'm just sick of stories like yours where it's automatically a race issue because of perceived racism. I could care less about what color or nationality a person is. It's the person, not his/her color, that is important. I'm sorry if I offended you. That's not my intention. I'm just sick of race being the reason for everything. I watch the blacks that want the cops killed, yet those same idiots will be the first to call the police when they have problems. I really feel bad for the blacks that understand this and have to suffer because of the impression all blacks are like that.

Ok then why did the police pull me over and not the white girls?

Ok so explain the flaws in your argument by using an example. As said before I live in Canada so racial tension is much less over hear. I have driven through the border many times from buffalo and never had a problem but that time drove through the border at North Dakota and told them I was traveling to Chicago, we set of red flags in there mind because they assumed that I stole my own car and was going to sell it in Chicago. But when I reached the Canadian border the white cop has every reason to judge me based on the colour of my skin just like the previous cops did, but instead he ask me how my trip was and let me through the border.

Okay... You were discriminated against because you are black. Does that make you happy. It's certainly how you want it. Otherwise what else do you have to bitch about! You can be discriminated against anytime you feel the need. When you selectively respond to comments like you have leaving those you don't want to respond to out, it just shows you have nothing real to stand on. I wish you good luck and I'm done with this conversation. There are a lot of people like you that you can talk with and they will agree with you 100% even when you use no logic or common sense. Bye.

• I'm white and I've only experienced racism one single time in my life (it was pretty hurtful though). That was when I was living in my girlfriend's country South Korea 4 years ago.

In my own country Switzerland, I have never experienced any racism. Racism is generally very rare here. Swiss people are not racist. They can be pretty xenophobic but racism is practically inexistent.

• A lot.. :D but all of them were from internet. They don't have balls to say it in real life.

• I am native but am lucky I look Caucasian. I have seen a lot of needless profiling sometimes to the point the bad guy gets away while the innocent do the time based on skin colour alone. unfortunately society isn't as advanced or progressive as they like to say it is. I will say one thing, those guys that do time for white folks crimes are solid as hell for doing so and still not ratting! Props to the solid coloured guys (black, brown or any other colour) takes a big man to pay the price for another man's crime and not go psychotic!! Also takes a big man to have to live with police oppression and discrimination.

• I have not. Since I'm white in America, racism doesn't socially or economically disadvantage me. Even if someone treated me like shit for my skin color, it really wouldn't negatively impact my life.

That's very different for everyone else who lives in a country that's 65-70% white. Racism can actually greatly influence people's lives in this case.

Its not because you are White its because you lived a sheltered cozy life. If you had actually grown up in Stockton, Oakland or somewhere like I did you wouldn't be saying that garbage.

Bostons a pretty White area isn't it? Lots of Irish?

@HonestWhiteGuy within the city there's a lot of Irish. We have a sizeable China Town too.

• Yes , white , had an attempted attack on me by 3 black lads , seeking to attack a lone " honky " , unfortunately for them , esp the mouthy " leader " just finished a Tae Kwon Do session , dodged his attempted assault & got him with a side kick , the other 2 ran off as I went for them too. Little did they know , I told my black friends , who found them & gave them a beating. Idiots some in all shapes , sizes , colours & genders !!

• Yep, I'm White and as a young kid 7 or 8 I was attacked by 3 older Black girls in this area all the kids used to play at in an apartment complex. One held me and the other clawed my face.

Anyways I somehow got free and ran off, I was cut from her nails and bleeding but luckily didn't scratch my eyes.

The middle school I went to was majority Hispanic, some Asian and not that many Whites. I got some racism there being called gringo, ugly cracker, etc

The other factor was I was never rich or privileged but I had to sit in public school a lot of times and hear about "White privilege" or about bad things Whites did (which apparently no other race has done bad things). The teachers were almost all very liberal, politically correct, White guilt or just plain anti White.

• Blacks get profiled by Blacks and Non-Blacks more than any other race. If you looked Oriental your chances for profiling would drop significantly. I am not suggesting that you try to look Oriental. You are wonderful just the way you are.

I am a white American and travel often. I am treated like third class trash in many countries (outside of tourist areas) first by my color, secondly by my country of origin even by other whites. So yes, I have experienced racism and hate just for saying hello in their native language.

Just my opinion

Well if it somethings negative then it racism but if it somethings positive then it's just discrimination, and that the difference because of someone says I only deal with a certain race because there smart then it's ok but if they say I don't deal with a certain race because there bad drivers then it becomes rasict

My point was, everything I have experienced was hate motivated. Was it all racist? No, was it just negative vibes? No! Was it my language or driving skills? No! It was genuine hate, call it what you want, but it is what it is.

• I am white and I have experienced racism in the form of outright hatred in Asia and the Middle East.
    I do not care about that, unless or until the traitors in the government allow these people to enter my country.
    I have found Chinese to be the most obnoxious.
    Arabs and Africans are the most angry, but are fairly easy to put back in their box.

• I am not sure whether am I being in racism but when I met American they alway think us are racism I dislike under the standard but I thought may be the situation is so call racism. To treat others different, maybe the gap is start, so I know from another problem. If something repeat people will jump to result directly buy there are structure differently that need to dealt with carelly.

• I'm White and I have experienced racism. The company I used to work for promoted a Black woman over me because they didn't have any Black women in that position. I had more than twice the experience and seniority with that company and was better qualified than she was. To look more "diverse" they promote and hire more minorities than Whites, even when the Whites are better at the job and more experienced.

Amen brother!! I graduated from high school in 1982 and entered the job market. Affirmative Action was in full swing. Went into law enforcement and aced exams, physical requirements, took extra courses hoping to make detective quicker. Nope. Blacks that barely tried, did nothing but bare minimum were promoted at an accelerated rate. Lots of us whites were quitting because of the incompetence of higher ranking blacks. We were called names (cracker), (white boy), (whitey) etc. Yeah, I've experienced racism.

@Afrochick Sure if you are too simple to get promotions without assistance...

yupper :)

• White and I was denied a job because they had already reached their white quota.

I've been threatened with murder for being a "white devil" dozens of times.

Both of those things are illegal I believe.

@Nitanica the first is called "Affirmative Action", the 2nd is illegal but since it was done by the homeless in San Francisco the police would do nothing.

• not really racism but lets just say some of the people that migrate here are not always too happy about us.

• I'm part a lot of things, but mainly white. Yes, I have been called the n word, and slanted eyes, as well as saltine. Sometimes even cherry blimp, but that's only after I tell them my family history and heritage. Racism is most common on the internet and xbox or playstation

• from blacks, Asians... some other White people as well, white supremacists etc.
    dont care. im a total savage and all this racist bullshit is nonsense to me

• I'm Asian living in Australia, so of course I've experienced racism.

• I am white and I have faced some racism.

• dont know i m from north africa not black
    i think white

• I'm white and yes

• I used to live in Canada, and yes I did experience indivisible racism.

• Nah, I don't let these people bother me

OMG after I read these people's bad experiences, I am so shocked.

Shame on you racist cowards,
      you bully skinny boys and little girls, because people like me could crash your stupid little heads with my iron punch.

• "Race" shouldn't matter.

I'm a white Gypsy and yes I've experienced a lot of racism. From the people around where I lived before moving away but oddly now I'm in education again it's mostly from people trying to claim I'm "privileged" being white.

• I belong to the Asian Race and I got racism belonging from the White Race.

• white, no.

• Yes I was racially abused by an Indian guy in my school. He called me a white bastard and told me to go home and eat my fish and chips. Then we got into a fight in the ICT classroom and I smashed a keyboard over his head.

• I'm half Korean & half Swede; I rarely think about race at all ever.

I only think about race when I go somewhere where that's predominantly white and people start to stare at me like I don't belong :/

That rarely happens to me. I live in Australia which is pretty multicultural too, so...