Where do you get your self worth?

If the avergae person will never be the most or best at something (most pretty, most smart) where do you get that self worth?

Simarly, what is that base, that foundation, what do you hang onto in the face of distress. What affirms your uniqueness, that deserve and need to live, because you are worthy?

Most Helpful Guy

• I find mine in my life. the problems I've overcome, challenges I've mastered and my ability to smile through it all while keeping my head held high.

Most Helpful Girl

• I suppose I get it from all of my little accomplishments that make me content and my supportive family. Knowing that the people I love, love me back is the best thing.

What Guys Said 12

• Because ther is only one of me... and the collections of all that makes me... me makes me Amazing;-)

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...b982710dd5.jpg

• Fight Club anyone? Tuesday nights at 3 am in the pigsame ear tavern... bring some napkins
    Crap they said never talk about fight Club.

• I like myself the way I am with and despite all my flaws while at the same time putting active effort on improving said flaws.

• A lot of things and I've gone through a lot to get to were and who I am now.

• years wasted on being too nice, abused and degraded
    there comes a day where you can't take it anymore and you won't take it anymore
    and that day you get your self worth

• I don't know, I just believe in myself

• Simple. Don't be average.

• Mine are determined by my accomplishments, success and how much money I make.

• Past, present, and future.

• Because i refuse to live a depressed life. If i can be the best me i can be thats all that matters.

• Being able to solve problems and support my family

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 8

• The fact that I don't actually NEED to be worthy to live.

Anything that you do should be done to your own benefit, not because you have to prove that you're valuable and "deserve" to live. Who the fuck is standing over you grading your life value, truly? Sure some people might have their opinions on how you live, but guess what? They're no more important or special than you half of the time.

My goal in life is to do whatever the fuck I see fit, and I value myself because I do what I feel is necessary to be happy and I go out of my way to be the kind of person that I think it's fucking awesome. So that makes me pretty valuable in my little world bubble.

• Because it's not about comparing yourself to everyone else in the world. You start with accepting that you likely will not be the best at everything, but learn that you can still put in the most effort and be the best self you can be, in whatever you do. Sounds fluffy and it's actually pretty hard to do, but that's where it comes from. The measure of success should be yourself. Just like how some athletes strive to achieve personal records. Like basically no one really expects to beat Usain Bolt in a sprint, but I know many of them are happy if they break their own records. It's also about trusting other people. Sometimes you can't see the worth you bring to other people's lives and you need to take their word for it. You might not see yourself as the prettiest or smartest or most unique out there, but someone else will.

• I get it from God. That the more I know of him and know of his love for me, the more I do what he wants me to do, the more I know he will catch me when I fall. He is my hope. God is my strength in trouble times. Because I trust in him and I love him, I know that I have a reason to live. My reason for living is to love God.

• Well, it's all about values. If I always try my best to live my values, then why shouldn't I be happy? :)

• By getting validation from my parents and trying to be an obedient daughter and make them proud.

• Everyone gotta make an impression on me not the other way around. I view myself as the judge, not a contestant 😂

• From Vladimir.

• My appearance and my experiences in life