What do you think of people who like classical music?

Does it change your opinion of them at all? Usually when I tell people, they look at me like I'm some ancient being

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I've had 6 years of piano lessons, mostly practicing classical songs so it's normal to me. If they are my age or younger and have no experience of playing any instruments I'd be surprised though.

I can't play at all 😂

Shame

I've had 0 years of lessons 😂. At least you know the keys on a piano lol

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 19

• There's two types of people who like classical music:
    1) People who actually like the music for the music and history

2) People who like classical because they think it makes them look smarter/classier/better but are totally pompous and horrid.

If a person is the first type that's awesome! If they're the second type I hope they fall in a hole.

• My boyfriend absolutely loves classical music. I prefer when we listen to metal but I suppose listening to classical sometimes is quite nice too :)

Listen to seree lee and you hit 2 birds with 1 stone :P

• I usually think absolutely nothing of them because I like what I like and they can like what they like and as long as they aren't insulting me, why should I care.

• Since I both play and listen a lot to classical music, I love to find people who share the same interest. Nowadays it's hard to find others who listen to instrumental/classical music, especially among teens :/

• I respect them, I also like classical music, that's something I listen to when I want to get calmed, feel the music at its fullest.
    Usually people who like classical music have good taste in music, they are not funs of cheap musical products, but they listen to the music that is worth to be listened.
    They are classy and elegant.
    So yeah, I like them.

• Really, most people like all kinds of music. Are we now judging people on what kinda music they like? Classical music is beautiful, how could anyone not like it?

• Nothing, it's not weird, sometimes I also like it.

• Haha I know that feeling!

I've loved classical music since I was younger. It's amazing and I like people who appreciate it!

• i think they have a great taste!

• That they are classy and smart af
    media.tenor.co/.../raw

• I like classical music as well. I just think that they have an appreciation for classical music.

• Their taste is very refined, I'm too used to cheap pop songs with bright colors to enjoy classical music.

• I like ancient things lol. I'm not as knowledgeable about classical music as I'd like to be, but I definitely don't turn it off when it's playing. You just need to find the right group of people who enjoy it as much as you do.

• Lol, not my type of music. I think that they have terrible taste in music, but they have the freedom to listen to terrible music.

• Eww not my type of music, but everyone can choose the music they want to listen to.

• I like classical music so... if I meet people who like it I think that they're cool 😎

• Call me old, but I love classical music

• I love listening to classical music, although I know nothing about it. I think it's cool!

• doesn't change my opinion of them at all.

What Guys Said 16

• Although I don't listen to it much, I have a deep respect for classical music. It can be really quite moving and intricate (harmonies/instrumentation/otherwise). I also respect it for being a part of the foundation for my favorite genre -- metal.

So, if someone told me they listened to it, chances are I'd actually be relatively impressed with them. Some of the respect I have towards classical music would probably transfer over towards the person. Now, it wouldn't make a very large change of mind towards them by any means, but it would at least make a slight positive boost.

• People like all kinds of music. I like a wide variety or range of music. If someone like classical then ok. Glad they found a style they enjoy. Listening to music you enjoy is great and healthy.

• Some people will think you're a little odd. Some will love you for it.

The good thing is, the people that will think you're for it are the same people you will think are a bit off. and the people who love you for it are the people you will love.

The only problem is finding the people that love you for it. They are there, but they can be a bit hard to find.

• I love classical music.
    Check out this myTake by @Phoenix98
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a30117-the-joys-wonders-of-classical-music

Especially the comments we were just going back and forth sending each other compositions we liked.

Classical music isn't for everyone. It takes a special type of person to be able to appreciate its beauty.

Hah indeed, great music, I should make another one of those mytakes.

• I love classical music.. this is one of my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrk-zuuc77U

• Dude mix your classical with dubstep! Sounds fuckin sic* and people won't judge harshly!

• I think of them as conservative people who rather the old school.

• Ilike some kinds of classical music there are some good ones out there.

• I only like a few songs. Moonlight sonata is number 1 though

• I happen to have a very high regard for myself. Thank You for asking!

Just my opinion

• music is like food. if they enjoy it who am i to judge

• i like all kinds of music all genre my personal favorite classical music is Bach - Cello Suite No.1 i-Prelude

• I am one of them. Some of it is cool.

• Not really

• It makes me think that their classy and have good taste😂😂idk why don't ask me

• That they are fancy smart people that drink wine raising the little finger