How can I ask a girl for her phone number without seeming like you're hitting on her?

I started college a couple of weeks ago so I'm meeting a lot of new people and there are a lot of nice girls I'd like to talk to and just get to know as friends but I don't know how to ask them for their number without seeming creepy or like I'm into them

Most Helpful Girl

• Talk to them more often and get a chance to know them as people first. The more you meet up and see them, and when they feel comfortable with you after a few days or however long, then you can ask or they will just give it to you. Remember they are still strangers. Make them feel comfortable and let your intentions be clear from the start.

What Girls Said 3

• Haha. Why don't you want them to know you're into them? How do you expect to get one if you're intent on pretending you're not interested? Really just ask and get those digits. The worse they can say is no. Talk and get to know them first, talk about some great place you know about that would be fun to go to then just simply ask. Trust me, WE KNOW you're into us by just asking. It's not a big deal. Stop overthinking. Welcome to the adult world where no one cares!

I'm not into every girl I see. Most of the time I just want to be friends with them

Well you're entering the part of adulthood where it becomes damn near impossible to be "just friends" with the opposite sex. You'll find it exists only so far the older you get. Especially when school isn't forcing you to see each other every day. The more you hang out outside of those educational confines the easier it is for either side to catch feels. It happens. It will happen. Just be gentle about it the rejection.

• Just ask them if they want to hang out sometime. They'll either offer you their number or they won't. :) Most of them probably want to make a few new friends as much as you do.

• Ask in the same way as you would ask a guy.

What Guys Said 8

• Talk to her and then ask if she wants to do something later (that night or the next day) and be like, "cool, lemme get yo numba real quick, shawty" and she be like, "aight"

• just ask her, or start off with whatsapp or kik or even snapchat, then transition

• Just tell her you wanna study Together

• Say "Hey, Can I have your number? Don't worry, I am Gay."

• i don't have college experience but if i don't want to straight up ask her, come up with some reason you need it like maybe you can't get an appointment with the professor and need some help on it

• Say it in a threatening way. Say, "if you don't give me your number, I'll end you..."

• There's no way to achieve that without getting to know them first. Asking for someone's number is seen as a step towards a relationship or being comfortable with someone. Usually. Otherwise the alternative is just asking but doing so with the intention of trying to date them. That's what random guys do.

At best you can ask for social media. To seem more like a friendly gesture. Otherwise you can ask, but just know you risk seeming like a guy who wants to date them. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But just make that clear from the beginning, savvy?

• if you like her, make your intentions known, girls want to be liked, guys want to be liked, so, why not just let her know